On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton Firmers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by magicmonkey
I would love to go for a standard room with an ensuite but not sure if I can afford it so it might just be the plain and simple bedroom. What about you?:redface:

I was thinking ensuite as we don't have to pay £9,000 a year haha!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 81
So I was just on the Soton website and came across this (http://www.southampton.ac.uk/undergraduate/whysouthampton.shtml?utm_campaign=homepage_promos&utm_medium=banner&utm_source=homepage&utm_content=katy_elliot)

under the 6 reasons to choose Southampton it states:

No utility bills to pay, and bars and social spaces within easy reach; we make your student experience even easier, by offering you the option to spend a second year in halls.

Does this mean all 1st years have an option to stay in halls for another year???
Reply 82
Original post by lala121
So I was just on the Soton website and came across this (http://www.southampton.ac.uk/undergraduate/whysouthampton.shtml?utm_campaign=homepage_promos&utm_medium=banner&utm_source=homepage&utm_content=katy_elliot)

under the 6 reasons to choose Southampton it states:

No utility bills to pay, and bars and social spaces within easy reach; we make your student experience even easier, by offering you the option to spend a second year in halls.

Does this mean all 1st years have an option to stay in halls for another year???

I've read somewhere that Southampton has loads of accommodation, so it probably means that
Reply 83
Original post by Cxx
I've read somewhere that Southampton has loads of accommodation, so it probably means that

hmmmmm maybe... Would you stay in halls in the 2nd year? Its very tempting when you dont have to worry about a lot of stuff e.g. bills etc.
Reply 84
I'm not sure yet, because I won't know what staying in halls in the first year is like until October haha
Reply 85
Original post by Cxx
I'm not sure yet, because I won't know what staying in halls in the first year is like until October haha

Lol, yes I totally forgot about the part of actually living in halls :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by tnetennba
is anyone else hoping to study English here? I'm definitely going to firm my offer (AAB), the open day was really good :smile:

Original post by chloe17
Hey, I've firmed Southampton for BA Languages and Contemporary European Studies (French/ ab initio Spanish) and applied for Glen Eyre/Wessex Lane. Really hoping I get my grades :s-smilie: :biggrin:

Added :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 87
Original post by I'm a fish
Hi ! I received an offer for a MEng in Civil Engineering (with a year in industry), I'm so happy OMG ! :biggrin:

I'm assuming you've firmed Southampton then! Haha, well done :smile:
Reply 88
Chemistry (masters with placement) :smile:
I'm Natasha and i'm doing child nursing. I've applied for glen eyre and wessex lane! Not sure which I prefer! Just ones that are nice enough and the people understand that were on nights so please be quiet! :smile: x
Hi all,

Just firmed Southampton!
Reply 91
Original post by alice.o123
Chemistry (masters with placement) :smile:

Original post by nkbarker176
I'm Natasha and i'm doing child nursing. I've applied for glen eyre and wessex lane! Not sure which I prefer! Just ones that are nice enough and the people understand that were on nights so please be quiet! :smile: x

Added :smile:

Original post by Matthew150
Hi all,

Just firmed Southampton!

What for?
Original post by OllieGCSEs

What for?

Healthcare Management, what about you?
Reply 93
Healthcare Management, what about you?

Electronic engineering for me! :smile:
Electronic engineering for me! :smile:

Hope to see you in September!
Which halls are you going to apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I will be compiling a list of usernames and degree choices on this post for those of us who have chosen to firm Southampton for 2014 entry, so quote me with your course (and any other information you'd like to be shown, such as grade offer or preferred halls), and I'll add you to it :smile: Thanks!

Hi
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Reply 96
Hope to see you in September!
Which halls are you going to apply to?

Thanks, you too! Glen Eyre for me :biggrin: (it has squash courts <3) how about you?

Original post by Chike
Hi
Electrical and Electronics Engineering

Thanks, you too! Glen Eyre for me :biggrin: (it has squash courts <3) how about you?

I'm not sure yet! I quite like the idea of an ensuite, so will probably go for wherever is the cheapest ensuite close to campus.

I've been looking through all the sports and societies, looks pretty great!
Reply 98
I will be compiling a list of usernames and degree choices on this post for those of us who have chosen to firm Southampton for 2014 entry, so quote me with your course (and any other information you'd like to be shown, such as grade offer or preferred halls), and I'll add you to it :smile: Thanks!

Adult Nursing:
MeganLouise94 (Glen Eyre/Wessex Lane),
skimbo,
eloisejw

Aerospace engineering:
sevm (MEng)

Archaeology and History:
helenaslater,
Spaldingas

Chemistry:
alice.o123 (MSc) (w/ a placement year)

Child Nursing:
nkbarker176

Civil engineering:
/\/\achination (MEng)
I'm a fish (MEng) (w/ a year in industry)

Computer Science:
Phejix

Education:
rosiewantshugs (BSc)

Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
Chike

Electronic Engineering:
OllieGCSEs (MEng, Glen Eyre)

English:
tnetennba

Geography:
Lala121 (BSc, Glen Eyre),
katieaj96 (BSc Glen Eyre/Wessex Lane)

Healthcare Management:
Matthew150

Maritime Archaeology:
Arc_diver

Modern Languages and Contemporary European Studies (French and German):
katiewormald1 (MLang, Glen Eyre/Wessex Lane)

Modern Languages and Contemporary European Studies (French & ab initio Spanish):
kb37,
chloe17 (BA, Glen Eyre/Wessex Lane)

Politics:
~ Aquamarine ~ (Bencraft/Wessex Lane)

Psychology:
Cxx

Zoology:
beckybennett1710 (BSc),
Lizzyg

Here's an article kindly made by Lala121, add yourself! :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/southampton_firmers_2014

Firmed for Medicine (6 years)
So exciting! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by Daryaa1
Firmed for Medicine (6 years)
So exciting! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending