The Student Room Group

Muslim father beats daughter for dating a white

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2ndClass
Yep, your anecdotal example completely refutes the point :yy:

My point is that you have no grounds for insulting her relationship because young relationships do work
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by NathalieGW
That is shocking, however it is more common in muslim households. Atleast, there have been more reports of domestic violence and honor killings amongst muslims, than white british.

However, just because there are fewer reports, doesn't mean it isn't as common but i personally doubt it. I think muslim fathers are particularly strict towards their daughters and even sons to a degree

That's not necessarily true. I'm not a Muslim but it seems as if everything and anything Muslims do is because of their religion and culture. Like there can't be inherently messed up people amongst them.

But when you hear the disproportionate amount of stories relating to white paedophiles, no one jumps up and says "and white people wonder why they have a bad name"
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
My point is that you have no grounds for insulting her relationship because young relationships do work

"Insulting", anecdotes down, hyperbole next.

I'm not insulting her relationship, I'm merely making an observation to how teen relationship in the 21st century tend to go.
"Insulting", anecdotes down, hyperbole next.

I'm not insulting her relationship, I'm merely making an observation to how teen relationship in the 21st century tend to go.

You're making an assumption based on your own prejudices
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
You're making an assumption based on your own prejudices

Yep that's totally the case

and yet another example of you misusing words

:yawn:
What position? of running away with my eternal love and forsaking my family in the process? err no

Second, you tell me that I know nothing about the situation but then you proceed to speculate that she's better away from them and she won't regret her decision :hmmmm:

Get real.

No being beaten up just because you're dating someone.

I speculate what she may feel because few years ago I was in an identical situation. That's why I asked if you've been there. Because you can't say this and that until you've suffered that kind of abuse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So what?
Race mixing is frowned upon all over the world, especially in the USA. I'm generally okay with it but I can understand why others won't be.
I wouldn't want my younger sister dating a Muslim.
Only its not tradition its religious rules that have been there for centuries yhh what he did was wrong but Islam is against dating im sorry if it doesn't fit into ever changing moral free society it survived for many centuries and will continue to ...
Original post by Teya
um...?
and yeah it might not be but people also have to realise that times are changing. We can only stick to traditions for so long before they don't apply to everyday life anymore.
Why are people saying 'yeah well you can't date in Islam anyway so she should've known' when you don't know if the girl herself is a muslim or wants to be one?
Religion should be a personal matter anyway imo
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by brownsugar-xx
Why are people saying 'yeah well you can't date in Islam anyway so she should've known' when you don't know if the girl herself is a muslim or wants to be one?
Religion should be a personal matter anyway imo

That's rather naive... We can generally assume any Muslim parents will make sure their kids will be Muslim too, and probably won't be given too much choice in the matter. Rightly or wrongly. Probably the same for every religion, although I don't know if to the same degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
That's rather naive... We can generally assume any Muslim parents will make sure their kids will be Muslim too, and probably won't be given too much choice in the matter. Rightly or wrongly. Probably the same for every religion, although I don't know if to the same degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah i know what muslims parents are like but what i'm saying is people are bringing up religion like that, kind of justifying it but are forgetting that the girl may not even want to be part of that religion. :redface:
Original post by muslimchick95
Only its not tradition its religious rules that have been there for centuries yhh what he did was wrong but Islam is against dating im sorry if it doesn't fit into ever changing moral free society it survived for many centuries and will continue to ...

So you're saying it's okay to beat someone up if they choose to date even if they're Muslim?

I thought that most Muslims on this thread wanted to point out that Islam actually doesn't condone violence as a form of discipline and that this is a culture issue instead. But from your post you're making it seem like it's due to Islam that he beat her up. :rolleyes:

edit: imo it's a discipline issue more than anything. Yes the dad is racist for not wanting his daughter to be with a white boy but it would happen even if the boy wasn't white. But as the judge says in the article "any father would be horrified" if they found out their 14 year old daughter was having sex. It's the way he implemented his rules and the way he disciplined her that was wrong.
(edited 9 years ago)
Poor tennis racket, probably one of those bad ones from sports direct. These people are so backwards, they need to westernise themselves and integrate with society. Instead of being like Mr Khan.
And muslims wonder why we give them a bad name :-\

You know the difference between culture and religion:clap2:...............
oh wait:unimpressed:.
Original post by KuroKage
This is not tradition, it's religion and there is a difference. It does not change according to society and 'everyday life'. Religion cannot be adapted to satisfy others especially when they're not muslim themselves. I sincerely suggest you learn the differences of tradition and religion.
You're welcome.

What are you on about this is clearly cultural majority of asian and african communities are against dating; nothing to do with religion. I know hindu's who parents would object to dating.
Original post by ridwan12
You know the difference between culture and religion:clap2:...............
oh wait:unimpressed:.

Yes i do and your point is?.
Reply 96
Yes i do and your point is?.

You're just a sheep who is convinced Muslims and Islam is to blame for this girls death.

Because the Daily Mail mentioned 'Muslim'. Honour killings happen in EVERY community, even if not at the same levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tania<3
So you're saying it's okay to beat someone up if they choose to date even if they're Muslim?

I thought that most Muslims on this thread wanted to point out that Islam actually doesn't condone violence as a form of discipline and that this is a culture issue instead. But from your post you're making it seem like it's due to Islam that he beat her up. :rolleyes:

edit: imo it's a discipline issue more than anything. Yes the dad is racist for not wanting his daughter to be with a white boy but it would happen even if the boy wasn't white. But as the judge says in the article "any father would be horrified" if they found out their 14 year old daughter was having sex. It's the way he implemented his rules and the way he disciplined her that was wrong.
uhmm if you read what i wrote properly i clearly stated that what he did was wrong....
Islam is totaly against dating you would have to be married to have a relationship with your partner.....
Original post by ridwan12
What are you on about this is clearly cultural majority of asian and african communities are against dating; nothing to do with religion. I know hindu's who parents would object to dating.
Original post by Ggmu!
You're just a sheep who is convinced Muslims and Islam is to blame for this girls death.

Because the Daily Mail mentioned 'Muslim'. Honour killings happen in EVERY community, even if not at the same levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is incorrect. Honour killings usually only occur in middle eastern, south asian and African communities because men in those patriarchal societies believe they have a right to women's bodies. And it is most common among the Muslim community followed by the Hindu community. Not all societies follow this barbaric practice, so don't assume that they do. You never hear of a Singaporean honour killing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending