The Student Room Group

What Grade would I come out with?

Hi all!

I just have a quick question, I am currently doing A2 business, however I feel that I am going to fail this year, as i am finding the content very hard. I need a E in the subject to get my place at uni.

I got a C in Business at AS, overall a-level grade would I get if I was to get a U this year?

Thanks!
i would say E
Reply 2
To accurately work this out you'd need your UMS marks from last year and a rough estimate of the UMS you'd get this time round.

I'd suggest using this website:
http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce
Reply 3
Original post by Kash24411
i would say E

Thanks, I am tempted to withdraw from my A2 exams, as a C in AS is worth 40 UCAS Points, and that is the same as an E in A-Level.. not sure what to do D:
Reply 4
Original post by g.rout
Thanks, I am tempted to withdraw from my A2 exams, as a C in AS is worth 40 UCAS Points, and that is the same as an E in A-Level.. not sure what to do D:

Do the exam anyway; you're already entered for it, and you might do better than you think!
Reply 5
Original post by alicja_p
Do the exam anyway; you're already entered for it, and you might do better than you think!

I suppose I should give it a go, however i'm worried that if I don't do well this year at all that it will pull my overall grade right down to a U.. :/

It doesn't help with my teacher sitting there telling me I am going to fail and that I shouldn't of gone back to college this year. It's draining on me a bit..
Reply 6
Original post by g.rout
I suppose I should give it a go, however i'm worried that if I don't do well this year at all that it will pull my overall grade right down to a U.. :/

It doesn't help with my teacher sitting there telling me I am going to fail and that I shouldn't of gone back to college this year. It's draining on me a bit..

I see what you mean.

About the teacher, you need to complain to someone. It's not fair on you to be stressing about it.

Quick Reply

Latest