The Student Room Group

Psychology GCSE

I would like to take this GCSE but my school does not provide this,
I go to a independent school so I know the head teacher quite well,
I can probably tell him to sign me up for psychology GCSE next year (year 11),
but first, I got a few questions I am hoping someone could answer:

is psychology something achievable without a teacher (my brother is a psychologist but lives quite far),

what exam board is most appropriate and easiest to complete psychology with,

is, being a psychologist, a good job (boring/work hours/pay wise

THANK YOU
Reply 1
I do edexcel Psychology and have the exams in like 10 days. Its definitely achievable on your own, our teacher only really made us copy from the textbook for two years so you can self teach it. I don't really think its worth doing additionally as you can just do it at A level without a GCSE in it tho
Reply 2
Original post by j5994
I do edexcel Psychology and have the exams in like 10 days. Its definitely achievable on your own, our teacher only really made us copy from the textbook for two years so you can self teach it. I don't really think its worth doing additionally as you can just do it at A level without a GCSE in it tho

thank you,

I can't do the A-levels next year anyway,
won't be allowed without the GCSE (from my school),
but I have not got any experience yet and I am planning to do everything in 1 year on top of all my other GCSES,

is there still hope?:confused:
Reply 3
Original post by hejraat
thank you,

I can't do the A-levels next year anyway,
won't be allowed without the GCSE (from my school),
but I have not got any experience yet and I am planning to do everything in 1 year on top of all my other GCSES,

is there still hope?:confused:

yeah definitely just get the textbook and write it out, start over summer tho so its not too much next year. all it is is just remembering stuff from the textbook haha
Reply 4
Original post by j5994
yeah definitely just get the textbook and write it out, start over summer tho so its not too much next year. all it is is just remembering stuff from the textbook haha

just like with other lessons then:smile:
thanks I was worried for a sec

but should I do edexcel or AQA?
Reply 5
or ocr
Reply 6
Original post by hejraat
just like with other lessons then:smile:
thanks I was worried for a sec

but should I do edexcel or AQA?

Edexcel imo
Reply 7
Original post by j5994
Edexcel imo

thank you for all the help!
Reply 8
Original post by hejraat
thank you for all the help!

haha no worries, if u need any help just ask :smile:
Original post by j5994

Exactly the same, I think i could have done Edexcel psychology without a teacher as all we did was copy out the textbook:biggrin:
Hi, I took up psychology independently for 1 year on OCR board whilst doing 6 other GCSEs at the same time. I think it is achievable as Unit 1 and 2 on OCR was just a memory test whereas for unit 3 a little exam technique was needed which a psychology teacher in my school helped me with. Other then that it is easy to get high marks as long as you know the content.

Quick Reply

Latest