The Student Room Group

AQA GCE A2 Geography Unit 3 -12th of June 2014

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone find that?? I thought the weather and climate questions were really easy, but the 7 marker for world cities was so difficult I definitely messed up on that!! Anyone who did the Conflict 40 marker how did you structure it? I think I might have gotten it wrong, whoops
Tectonics and development short answers? So awful
I know I've thrown away so many marks
Original post by Donnerz
How did everyone find that?? I thought the weather and climate questions were really easy, but the 7 marker for world cities was so difficult I definitely messed up on that!! Anyone who did the Conflict 40 marker how did you structure it? I think I might have gotten it wrong, whoops

They had done exactly the same conflict essay before? Surely you should have got it right?

I thought it was okay, 7 marks w&c wasn't nice
Original post by Welbeck
They had done exactly the same conflict essay before? Surely you should have got it right?

I thought it was okay, 7 marks w&c wasn't nice

Well I think I talked about the right stuff but it was more about my argument; did I need to argue against the statement at all? Because I didn't which worries me
Reply 1344
I loved this exam! The ecosystems and world cities questions were so good although I was a bit stuck for things to say on the WC 7 marker. Not so sure how great I did on the tectonic essay as I didn't have enough time to write everything but I think it still went okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jesstregs
development and globalisation essay was horrific, very hard to write 40 marks on TNCs and the global economy

I spoke about the positive and negative impacts that TNCs have had on china. And also the impact of walmart on developing and developed world. Wrote about how they lead to reduced corporation tax rates.
Did anyone do the weather and climate essay or was it just me? :frown:
Also how did people find the tectonics questions?
Original post by Donnerz
Well I think I talked about the right stuff but it was more about my argument; did I need to argue against the statement at all? Because I didn't which worries me

Hmm... Yeah you should of really, so your may be a bit one sided. I'm sure you did fine though :smile:
Wasn't sure what to write about the graph in weather and climate or the image on world cities
I did weather, cities and tectonics essay. How did everyone find it?
Original post by csmith95
Tectonics and development short answers? So awful
I know I've thrown away so many marks

Island arc/ocean trenches are things that are mentioned on the syllabus explicity. So was plate tectonic theory?
I thought the tectonics structured was awful apart from the 10 marker, for the conflicts structured what was that picture?! I completely made that up! Don't sure I wrote in enough detail for the rest of them :/ and I did the climates essay which I thought was alright. I'm just hoping for low grade boundaries!
Great exam! Only difficult question was the world cities 7 marker. I might have messed up the trench one, I said it formed at oceanic-oceanic margins parallel to an island arc
Anybody that done plate tec 40 marker write down the points you said in the exam!!!
How did you not like thoes questions? What evidence did you give for tectonic plate movement?
Original post by Donnerz

what did u write about the bar chart in weather? :smile:
Reply 1356
I found world cities a hard 7 marker, I would be interested in what themes plate tectonic essay people used?
Original post by DackSploit
Anybody that done plate tec 40 marker write down the points you said in the exam!!!

I mentioned technology about predicting the earthquakes and new buildings being able to be designed to withstand earthquakes. I constantly comapred pros and cons of technology using my two case studies, l'aquila and Kashmir then mentioned about other ways such as planning, evacuations, education, emergency services and concluded by saying the best way to reduce the impacts is a mix of all factors
Original post by Welbeck
Hmm... Yeah you should of really, so your may be a bit one sided. I'm sure you did fine though :smile:

Just had a look at the mark scheme for this question. At the end it says 'any conclusion can be credited as long it's reasonable and relatable to the proceeding content and argument' does that mean I can make a one sided argument as long as it's reasonable? Or do I need discussion between 'for' and 'against'?
GUYS THAT EXAM WAS SO GOOD WOOP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending