The Student Room Group

My Degree Classification

Edit
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qwertyhjkl
Just got my results and got a 2:1. My mark was 69.3% and a first is 69.5% for my course. Is it worth it to try and request a re-mark or any adjustment processes?

Thanks.

YES!
Reply 2
Bloody hell definitely!! How cruel!!
Reply 3
Just got my results and got a 2:1. My mark was 69.3% and a first is 69.5% for my course. Is it worth it to try and request a re-mark or any adjustment processes?

Thanks.

How ungrateful are you?! Do you know how many people would be glad to have that? Just be happy with your high 2:1.
Reply 4
So apparently last year a student had 69.4% and their mark was not increased :/ Harsh
I would definitely appeal or speak to your tutor! I got 68.69%, worth me taking the same route??? thanks!
Original post by Xcalibur
How ungrateful are you?! Do you know how many people would be glad to have that? Just be happy with your high 2:1.

Why should he be happy with a 2.1 when there's a potential for a first? Just because you would be happy with a 2.1 doesn't mean others would be too. Some people are capable of achieving more
Original post by william_768
I would definitely appeal or speak to your tutor! I got 68.69%, worth me taking the same route??? thanks!

That's far too low. Although it's only less that a percent away from a first, you would have to pick up a significant amounts of marks for your average mark to go up. But it would depend on how your uni weighs the marks

I think OP has the same problem. Although he's only 0.1 percent away, getting that extra 0.1 percent as an average could require about 3-5 marks
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Ben_Dover
Why should he be happy with a 2.1 when there's a potential for a first? Just because you would be happy with a 2.1 doesn't mean others would be too. Some people are capable of achieving more

That awkward moment when I got a 1st.
Original post by Xcalibur
That awkward moment when I got a 1st.

Why would that be an awkward moment for me? I got a first too.
Reply 10
Not sure if it can be done tbh. I know at my uni, your overall degree mark is set. No remarks allowed
Don't see what you've got to lose by requesting a remark/appeal so I'd go for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If it's anything like A levels, the borderline marks are the ones which are most carefully scrutinised during the moderation process, but it won't do any harm to ask.
Reply 13

Thanks.

It's unlikely for it to go up - your grade would have been scrutinised by module boards/external markers and most don't offer a remark system.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending