The Student Room Group

Coming out ... as a smoker?

Since going away to college last year I started smoking (I know it's bad and all that). When I've been home at weekends I didn't smoke. Both my parents are anti smoking and I know they wouldn't be impressed about it. Now that I'm home for the Summer I haven't been smoking there but do when I am work or out with mates.

I know it sounds lame - I am 19 - but don't want to get grief from them about it - I am the oldest at home so they will give out to me about being a bad example and all that.

If you smoke did you tell your parents or did they find out? Did you get any grief about it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Mate don't tell them. You've made it clear you'll get grilled for it so just keep it a secret.

Also you're lame for smoking. :colonhash:
When I smoked, yeah. They weren't happy about it but not a lot they could do. Both my parents are smokers btw.
Original post by Leftee
Also you're lame for smoking. :colonhash:

Na he's not, smoking looks cool as ****.
I've never told my parents and I'm 26. It's just too much hassle.
Mine found out via bank statements... got a lot of grief... was in the process of quitting anyway though
Reply 6
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I've never told my parents and I'm 26. It's just too much hassle.

Am guessing you don't live back at home then do you?

Original post by natninja
Mine found out via bank statements... got a lot of grief... was in the process of quitting anyway though

Bank statements??
Original post by paulm94

Bank statements??

They go to my home address, parents read one and saw a few payments at the newsagents for £8.35...
Original post by paulm94

Hell no, I haven't lived there for 7 years. It's pretty easy to hide.
Reply 9
My Mum spotted a fag packet in my pocket and I was caught out. Didn't get too much grief, but still felt bad about it.

Quick Reply

Latest