The Student Room Group

Does anybody here vape?

I want to start a Vaping Society on here seeing as we don't have one yet, and despite my years of activity on here I still don't know how to start a Society :colondollar:

However, before such a venture is made it'll be worth seeing if anyone on here actually does vape otherwise it'll just be me all on me tod.

FYI, I'm referring to those new-fangled electronic cigarettes.

I'LL START:
I started out using a disposable, but it was pretty weak. 200 puffs and you're done? :hand:

So I upped my game after 3 days and got a re-usable one. A generic iClear 16 cartomiser and rechargeable battery. Which broke. A lot. The battery life was about a day and a half, and the cartomisers may as well have been made out of butter. You can only get away with dropping them so many times :sad:

Disenfranchised with the amount I was having to spend on replacing cartomisers (and batteries, they don't last forever either), I upped my game again, and got something that would probably cause someone to haemorrhage if I clonked them hard enough with it; an SID SmokTech VV/VW Mod with a 3ml Innokin iClear 30 cartomiser. Nuthin' fancy, but a solid piece of kit that has served me well.

...Well, technically I've had two. The first one broke after the nth time I dropped it as someone the cartomiser actually got stuck in the thread of the mod. The mod went a few weeks later as the thread wore away completely and wouldn't hold the battery in place, so I had to replace it. Word to the wise, don't get the metallic silver SID mods. I'm not the only one with the weak thread problem.

Cartomiser:

SID mod:

All in all, it's been a worthwhile venture. My recreational activities aside, I haven't had a cigarette for over a year now. I'm not going to get high and mighty on those that smoke because that ain't me, but if you vape and want somewhere to talk about it and share experiences with others that do, here it is :smile:

Apologies if the pics come out huge, I'll resize them at some point if they do.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Imma gon' be bumping this here thread a hell of a lot by the way. At least until it takes off, anyway :h:
I don't know why, but this just appears illegal, even though it isn't. I honestly have no idea why....
I started vaping over a year ago starting on an Innokin iTaste VV with the generic iClear 16. I used it for about 8 months until the battery died. They are really quite good, I have never had any general issues with it.

After it broke I went back to smoking during my first year of University as it is a very good way of meeting new people and I enjoy the social aspect.

However now I am back home I have bought myself the Aqwa iTaste VV which is no different from the original other than the power input. They are great pieces of kit. I am still using the iClear 16 as I can't afford anything new and they work just fine. Also I like the plastic drip tips. The metal ones feel very strange and you can't chew them like a pipe.
Yes. This beast cost a looot of money. Have another one with a hammer head mod too. Have jungle juice in there atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzplf3pdvwtnqko/CAM00526.jpg
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
I started vaping over a year ago starting on an Innokin iTaste VV with the generic iClear 16. I used it for about 8 months until the battery died. They are really quite good, I have never had any general issues with it.

After it broke I went back to smoking during my first year of University as it is a very good way of meeting new people and I enjoy the social aspect.

However now I am back home I have bought myself the Aqwa iTaste VV which is no different from the original other than the power input. They are great pieces of kit. I am still using the iClear 16 as I can't afford anything new and they work just fine. Also I like the plastic drip tips. The metal ones feel very strange and you can't chew them like a pipe.

I miss the social aspect of smoking too. I was never a social smoker, and would always look down on my non-smoker mates who would bogart my baccy on a night out because they wanted some "fresh air" :lolwut: But you're right, it is a good way to meet new people. You don't really get the same thing with vaping as it's new and isn't as entrenched within society as smoking is, thus making conversation with someone else who vapes potentially difficult as you have no idea whether they're as into it as you are or not (that's what I've found round my area, anyway).

How many volts can you use on your current model, and how long does the battery last?

Original post by EatAndRevise
I don't know why, but this just appears illegal, even though it isn't. I honestly have no idea why....

The classic human mentality of "it's new, I don't understand it... BURN IT!!!!" is sweeping through the nation at the moment with regard to vaping. Looks way phallic too, which doesn't help the imagery.

Still, no smoke-based cancer :yy:
Reply 6
Original post by DeceitfulDove
Yes. This beast cost a looot of money. Have another one with a hammer head mod too. Have jungle juice in there atm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzplf3pdvwtnqko/CAM00526.jpg

Nice! How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

My flavours are mostly fruit based. The cannabis one is fantastic because it tastes like Hobnobs :ahee: Mix it with strawberry :sogood:
Blackcurrant was quite nice but sometimes the flavour could be overwhelming, raspberry's alright, strawberry is a firm favourite at the moment. I never really took to the red cola or lemonade flavours, and haven't bought any tobacco flavours (I've heard that they all taste rank).
The problem with Hangsen liquids is that they do the job but they're far from the best. TotallyWicked do some really nice flavours and have some really good VG-based flavours but why would I pay £8 for a 10ml bottle when I can get 5 for £15 at my local tobacconists?
Original post by Drunk Punx
I miss the social aspect of smoking too. I was never a social smoker, and would always look down on my non-smoker mates who would bogart my baccy on a night out because they wanted some "fresh air" :lolwut: But you're right, it is a good way to meet new people. You don't really get the same thing with vaping as it's new and isn't as entrenched within society as smoking is, thus making conversation with someone else who vapes potentially difficult as you have no idea whether they're as into it as you are or not (that's what I've found round my area, anyway).

How many volts can you use on your current model, and how long does the battery last?

It is a 3V variable voltage with 800 mAh. I'm not entirely sure what any of that actually means, but I like it. Battery lasts about 5 hours solid smoking or an entire working day only smoking during breaks.

The main reason I bought it was so I could smoke at my desk while I was working as I had a particularly stressful job, but then I began to prefer it so smoking normally and quit.
No, but I wish I did just because it sounds so wrong. :mmm:

At first I thought it was a word for vaginal rape, and then I looked at the pictures and thought it was a dildo. Now I don't know what to think. :nothing:
Reply 9
It is a 3V variable voltage with 800 mAh. I'm not entirely sure what any of that actually means, but I like it. Battery lasts about 5 hours solid smoking or an entire working day only smoking during breaks.

The main reason I bought it was so I could smoke at my desk while I was working as I had a particularly stressful job, but then I began to prefer it so smoking normally and quit.

From what I can ascertain, Variable Voltage is what the cpu uses to adjust the powerflow to the coil depending on what resistance the coil is. mAh is the capacity of the battery. The bigger the better!

Unfortunately for those of us who aren't electricians, the deeper you get into it the more you "need" (you don't, but it sure as hell helps) to understand electronic theory. It's mostly centred around Ohms Law, but there are fluctuations in that that can make it complicated.

What flavoured liquid do you typically go for?
Nice! How much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

My flavours are mostly fruit based. The cannabis one is fantastic because it tastes like Hobnobs :ahee: Mix it with strawberry :sogood:
Blackcurrant was quite nice but sometimes the flavour could be overwhelming, raspberry's alright, strawberry is a firm favourite at the moment. I never really took to the red cola or lemonade flavours, and haven't bought any tobacco flavours (I've heard that they all taste rank).
The problem with Hangsen liquids is that they do the job but they're far from the best. TotallyWicked do some really nice flavours and have some really good VG-based flavours but why would I pay £8 for a 10ml bottle when I can get 5 for £15 at my local tobacconists?

I'm not actually sure :K: it's had different batteries and different tops, but the top half of this one was £60 and the hammerhead mod (will post pic tomorrow) was 60 too. Yeah I didn't like Smokers Angel flavours and now use some Celtic Vapes and some from internet somewhere. This is a nightmare to refill, has to be done with a screwdriver and syringe :indiff:
Original post by Vixen47
No, but I wish I did just because it sounds so wrong. :mmm:

At first I thought it was a word for vaginal rape, and then I looked at the pictures and thought it was a dildo. Now I don't know what to think. :nothing:

You stick liquid in a phallic object then suck on it for a few hours until there's no more liquid left. You gotta press all the right buttons too :tongue:

Original post by lustawny
My first thought when I saw the word 'vape' in the title of this thread, is that you like to video someone whilst raping them. I'm so glad I was mistaken.

Unfortunately I can tell you guys aren't going to be the last to question this thread :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
My first thought when I saw the word 'vape' in the title of this thread, is that you like to video someone whilst raping them. I'm so glad I was mistaken.
From what I can ascertain, Variable Voltage is what the cpu uses to adjust the powerflow to the coil depending on what resistance the coil is. mAh is the capacity of the battery. The bigger the better!

Unfortunately for those of us who aren't electricians, the deeper you get into it the more you "need" (you don't, but it sure as hell helps) to understand electronic theory. It's mostly centred around Ohms Law, but there are fluctuations in that that can make it complicated.

What flavoured liquid do you typically go for?

Normally fruity, currently I have a Atomic Apple which is quite good. However it does to compare to the Strawberry Menthol which is by far the best I have ever had.
I'm not actually sure :K: it's had different batteries and different tops, but the top half of this one was £60 and the hammerhead mod (will post pic tomorrow) was 60 too. Yeah I didn't like Smokers Angel flavours and now use some Celtic Vapes and some from internet somewhere. This is a nightmare to refill, has to be done with a screwdriver and syringe :indiff:

The batteries for mine cost a tenner each :sad: Thankfully they haven't died on me yet, and I've had them for months. The cartomisers I use cost about $8 each, which isn't too bad. And they have swivel nozzles! :awesome: Totally made my day when I found that out.

My dad's insistent on getting the liquids from here:
http://www.eliquidworld.co.uk/
But it's all Hangsen and the mix is 80%PG/20%VG, which is nice for the throat hit but sometimes leaves a little to be desired as far as the flavour is concerned. The prices aren't terrible though.

A screwdriver? That must be a pain. The bottles I use all have syringes as part of them, aside from the 30ml bottles which have a stupid little rubber teat that usually gets liquid inside the carty instead of around it ¬___¬

Normally fruity, currently I have a Atomic Apple which is quite good. However it does to compare to the Strawberry Menthol which is by far the best I have ever had.

Ahh man, I haven't had Apple in ages! I'm gonna have to get some apple next time I'm in town, I've missed it. When I was using my other e-cig I went through a lot of butterscotch and vanilla. The vanilla I don't use any more, but the butterscotch? It's like smoking a Worthers Original :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
The batteries for mine cost a tenner each :sad: Thankfully they haven't died on me yet, and I've had them for months. The cartomisers I use cost about $8 each, which isn't too bad. And they have swivel nozzles! :awesome: Totally made my day when I found that out.

My dad's insistent on getting the liquids from here:
http://www.eliquidworld.co.uk/
But it's all Hangsen and the mix is 80%PG/20%VG, which is nice for the throat hit but sometimes leaves a little to be desired as far as the flavour is concerned. The prices aren't terrible though.

A screwdriver? That must be a pain. The bottles I use all have syringes as part of them, aside from the 30ml bottles which have a stupid little rubber teat that usually gets liquid inside the carty instead of around it ¬___¬

I have small batteries and large ones so I need to screw bits off to make the thing shorter :lol: batts last a couple days then it gets put in the charger and I have to screw bits back on again for the long battery :tongue:

We also do our own coils to change strength, this one is metal rather than the cottony wick ones, is really strong, but worth it.
I have small batteries and large ones so I need to screw bits off to make the thing shorter :lol: batts last a couple days then it gets put in the charger and I have to screw bits back on again for the long battery :tongue:

We also do our own coils to change strength, this one is metal rather than the cottony wick ones, is really strong, but worth it.

All my batteries are 18650s, with my setup I've just got to unscrew (with my hands, thankfully) the mod from the carty and replace the battery. Does have its drawbacks in that the mod is one hollow chamber with a spring in the bottom bit (that also unscrews), so I can only use one size battery.

Ooh, I've been wanting to get into making my own coils but the oxidisation process sounds like a pain to get to grips with. Any tips?
You stick liquid in a phallic object then suck on it for a few hours until there's no more liquid left. You gotta press all the right buttons too :tongue:

:gah: That's it. You've sold me.

I've never had a cigarette in my life but I'll happily become a vaper! Is "vaper" a thing? I'm making it a thing. I'm a vaper! :ahee:
Original post by Vixen47
:gah: That's it. You've sold me.

I've never had a cigarette in my life but I'll happily become a vaper! Is "vaper" a thing? I'm making it a thing. I'm a vaper! :ahee:

It's totally a thing :five:
Electronic cigarettes made of burnished metal and cyberpunk-sounding slang like "vape" is the final, clinching proof that we're living in the future

Quick Reply

Latest