The Student Room Group

Amazing help for state school students who want to study Law!

Any S5/S6 or Y12/Y13 students at state schools who are thinking of studying Law at uni/ practicing Law in the future should take a look at this competition by CMS Cameron McKenna (now Scotland's largest law firm with three offices, and other offices all around the world in over 30 different countries across the globe). https://www.allhires.com/CMSCMCK/Pos...=%2fCMSCMCK%2f

If you are successful they they give you £2,500 during each year of your law degree and provide you with practical help throughout the UCAS process. It certainly helped me and I think Scottish students could benefit immensely from the scheme. All you need to do is write a short essay!
Original post by Jenny.T
Any S5/S6 or Y12/Y13 students at state schools who are thinking of studying Law at uni/ practicing Law in the future should take a look at this competition by CMS Cameron McKenna (now Scotland's largest law firm with three offices, and other offices all around the world in over 30 different countries across the globe). https://www.allhires.com/CMSCMCK/Pos...=%2fCMSCMCK%2f

If you are successful they they give you £2,500 during each year of your law degree and provide you with practical help throughout the UCAS process. It certainly helped me and I think Scottish students could benefit immensely from the scheme. All you need to do is write a short essay!

Original post by Jenny.T

I went on to this and I was entering the general details and the leaving year for school was only upto 2014; however I am leaving in 2015? I'm applying for University this year; will I wait until they open up a new bursary competition for 2015 entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by GeschichteJunge
I went on to this and I was entering the general details and the leaving year for school was only upto 2014; however I am leaving in 2015? I'm applying for University this year; will I wait until they open up a new bursary competition for 2015 entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that will be fine. The rules stipulate that it is for those in their second final or final year of school, and also that they haven't yet applied to university but are planning to during the 2014-2015 UCAS cycle (i.e after this Summer). For instance I entered in 2013, won a bursary and am now going to university in 2014. Perhaps there is something wrong with the system, it should be 2015 and not 2014. If you have any other questions or need help about how to approach the competition then feel free to ask me :biggrin:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by German123

No problem, if you have any questions or need some tips about how to approach the essay/ interview then feel free to fire away.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jenny.T
No problem, if you have any questions or need some tips about how to approach the essay/ interview then feel free to fire away.

Thanks
Original post by Jenny.T
I think that will be fine. The rules stipulate that it is for those in their second final or final year of school, and also that they haven't yet applied to university but are planning to during the 2014-2015 UCAS cycle (i.e after this Summer). For instance I entered in 2013, won a bursary and am now going to university in 2014. Perhaps there is something wrong with the system, it should be 2015 and not 2014. If you have any other questions or need help about how to approach the competition then feel free to ask me :biggrin:.

Thank you, fantastic!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually devastated, I never knew the end date until today - it was in July :// I've emailed them my essay regardless, worth a try I guess :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending