The Student Room Group

Help with interview question ...

So I have been given an interview for another grad job. In my last interview (which I didn't get) they asked a question regarding what type of training/development I would require. I think my answer to this cost me the job. Now for Thursday, I could see them asking me something fairly similar. What's the best way in going about this? Can I prepare for a question like this? Or do I just judge it by the moment?

Is this what they said cost you the job? What was your answer?
Reply 2
Original post by TheCareersGuy
Is this what they said cost you the job? What was your answer?

I'm guessing so because afterwards the interview came quickly to an end and they said that they picked the other person as they mentioned a specific bit of experience in relation to the question.

I said ensuring that I was fully updated which would result in the most accurate decision making as the job I had actually exceeded the requirements by quite a bit. (don't want to be too specific regarding the sector for confidentiality reasons)
OK. Bit rude for them to cut the interview so short on that basis. Anyway, I think your answer seems fair enough. It sounds like they were possibly after experience all along? Was it emphasised in the job ad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending