The Student Room Group

Cheapest city to live in England?

Which city is the cheapest to live in? in terms of cost of living and rent and stuff?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am guessing bradford. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Reply 2
Original post by Rosie786

ah ok second cheapest then :P I would never live in bradford.
Original post by 4TSR
ah ok second cheapest then :P I would never live in bradford.

whats wrong with bradford? leeds is cheap too i've heard.
Reply 4
Original post by pinejuice

Too much racial tension and the asian people do not mix much. It also looks rank :P new castle looks nicer!
Reply 5
Not a city, but Gainsborough is stupidly cheap.

For good reason.
Apart from Bradford, probably Salford or Hull.

I imagine Sunderland would be up there as well.
Original post by 4TSR
Too much racial tension and the asian people do not mix much. It also looks rank :P new castle looks nicer!

i disagree it seems diverse and balanced like london. the riots did happen but thats a small group of people. bradford is an old mining town it does look a bit s***. its so cheap to live in though, the rent is ridiculously low! what's newcastle like?
Reply 8
i disagree it seems diverse and balanced like london. the riots did happen but thats a small group of people. bradford is an old mining town it does look a bit s***. its so cheap to live in though, the rent is ridiculously low! what's newcastle like?

Do you live in Bradford now? I have never been to Newcastle but I roam around Cities in the UK via google street view :colondollar: My favourite so far is inverness :P

Newcastle looks decent and cheap too!
Original post by 4TSR
Do you live in Bradford now? I have never been to Newcastle but I roam around Cities in the UK via google street view :colondollar: My favourite so far is inverness :P

Newcastle looks decent and cheap too!

ive only visited bradford a handful of times, i'm actually moving up there with my family in a month's time annd i'm going to bradford university. at least for my sake i hope bradford is a good place!! oh wow i thought i was the only person who did that, i share that passion i roam through otaru, hokkaido in japan through gmaps! its annoying when you cant go down a certain road isnt it!!
Original post by Rosie786

Original post by 4TSR

First city that came to mind was definitely Bradford

Tbh, Leeds is quite nice. Lots of people have this image of Leeds from the 80's ie: it's a mining city, people are dumber up there etc... but a lot of the economy goes through Leeds these days

Any way, for cheapness and pretty good-ness, I'd say Leeds

For cheapness and access to London, Luton by far, though that's not really a city is it?
Reply 11
Gainsborough is half the price of Bradford.

Can you imagine how rubbish it must be?
Reply 12
ive only visited bradford a handful of times, i'm actually moving up there with my family in a month's time annd i'm going to bradford university. at least for my sake i hope bradford is a good place!! oh wow i thought i was the only person who did that, i share that passion i roam through otaru, hokkaido in japan through gmaps! its annoying when you cant go down a certain road isnt it!!

Can I ask if your family is moving to bradford for you to go uni and live with them? oh dear god it is so annoying when you cant go down a road! I found some amazing places in new zealand! and tokyo looks awesome :P

They need to do more streetview at different times so you can see that all at night, mid day and morning or something!
Reply 13
Original post by de_monies
First city that came to mind was definitely Bradford

Tbh, Leeds is quite nice. Lots of people have this image of Leeds from the 80's ie: it's a mining city, people are dumber up there etc... but a lot of the economy goes through Leeds these days

Any way, for cheapness and pretty good-ness, I'd say Leeds

For cheapness and access to London, Luton by far, though that's not really a city is it?

I had a problem in luton once. I was with my friends and we drove through it and we ended up being picked on by a gang of Pakistani youths... It was horrible :\
Original post by 4TSR
I had a problem in luton once. I was with my friends and we drove through it and we ended up being picked on by a gang of Pakistani youths... It was horrible :\

I'm not surprised tbh.... I've seen these types, and it can be pretty horrible how they treat girls (of all races) - There's a certain "ghettoism" in BRadford

Oh btw, I'm Pakistani before any one says an thing...
Reply 15
Original post by de_monies
I'm not surprised tbh.... I've seen these types, and it can be pretty horrible how they treat girls (of all races) - There's a certain "ghettoism" in BRadford

Oh btw, I'm Pakistani before any one says an thing...

I am not but my friends at the time were:

2 English guys, one from Malaysia and one from Pakistan - so yea I don't get it :\
Original post by 4TSR
Can I ask if your family is moving to bradford for you to go uni and live with them? oh dear god it is so annoying when you cant go down a road! I found some amazing places in new zealand! and tokyo looks awesome :P

They need to do more streetview at different times so you can see that all at night, mid day and morning or something!

not really. my mum is disabled and she needs help with chores so the family are moving up so i can help her out. thats the main reason. most people cant wait to get away from their families when its time for uni but im close to mine so its cool. what places have you found in new zealand? thats a great idea actually. imagine if you could go inside buildings and shopping malls :smile: id die of happiness!
Reply 17
not really. my mum is disabled and she needs help with chores so the family are moving up so i can help her out. thats the main reason. most people cant wait to get away from their families when its time for uni but im close to mine so its cool. what places have you found in new zealand? thats a great idea actually. imagine if you could go inside buildings and shopping malls :smile: id die of happiness!

They are doing indoor street view for many places :smile: your dream will be close. Sorry about your Mum I wish her the best of health and fast recovery :smile:

I found this...

http://goo.gl/muEo5Z

:biggrin:
Original post by 4TSR
They are doing indoor street view for many places :smile: your dream will be close. Sorry about your Mum I wish her the best of health and fast recovery :smile:

I found this...

http://goo.gl/muEo5Z

:biggrin:

i wonder if i can use that oculus rift thing with google maps that'd be pretty sweet. there's something about exploring new places that i like. aww thank you, she's has problems with stamina and walking but otherwise she's fine. that link is gorgeous it must have taken ages for you to find it though. when did you start roaming to random places through google? i started about a month ago, i only spend a few hours on it a week.
Reply 19
i wonder if i can use that oculus rift thing with google maps that'd be pretty sweet. there's something about exploring new places that i like. aww thank you, she's has problems with stamina and walking but otherwise she's fine. that link is gorgeous it must have taken ages for you to find it though. when did you start roaming to random places through google? i started about a month ago, i only spend a few hours on it a week.

There was one guy who used oculus rift with a go pro camera and a drone to fly around his neighbourhood! looked so awesome!

I started last year.... I spend loads of time on it - with music and a nice drink too and I just explore. I was exploring Texas, US few weeks ago and it looked really poor in some areas so I googled certain areas and I learned so much about the history and the poverty made sense :P

Yea I don't have much of a social life :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending