The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
Please go on twitter now and search "BT Sport/That BT", hilarious!!

:rofl:

I am dying!!

So mad :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

I can't tell if he's trolling or being serious...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405202923.824267.jpg
BT went in. Post watershed ads, looking forward to next seasons one.

[video="youtube;J-T007CYKmY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T007CYKmY[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1405202923.824267.jpg

In all seriousness, why would I be? I didn't write it :tongue:
Original post by sr90

In all seriousness, why would I be? I didn't write it :tongue:

Nah man, I was referring to the guy who wrote the complaint :tongue:

You can hardly blame BT for doing it.
Sucks for arsenal fans, but 4-0 in 20 minutes was the best part of their entire set of football games last season; why not advertise it?
Original post by So Instinct
BT went in.

[video="youtube;J-T007CYKmY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-T007CYKmY[/video]

Can't say I'm surprised, far too many Scouse loverboys in the media nowadays. I'm guessing the LFC boys at BT were upset about us getting Sanchez! :rolleyes:

I just hope their next LFC Love-In instalment is them losing a 3 goal lead in 11 minutes, ya know, just for fairness and all!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Nah man, I was referring to the guy who wrote the complaint :tongue:

You can hardly blame BT for doing it.
Sucks for arsenal fans, but 4-0 in 20 minutes was the best part of their entire set of football games last season; why not advertise it?

Guarantee that had we done the same to LFC that they wouldnt run with it...

It's their decision but it does get frustrating seeing TalkSport, DailyMail, MOTD, and now BT lay into Arsenal at each and every opportunity. We're always somewhere inbetween a figure of fun when we lose and contempt when we win.
(edited 9 years ago)
yo that ad takes the biscuits. why advertise pretty much the whole game and not like 3-4 secs of loads of games like normal promos. kmt.
Wow, Southampton have moved quickly with their business and have signed Pele!

...sorry, Pelle.
Original post by Zürich
Guarantee that had we done the same to LFC that they wouldnt run with it...

It's their decision but it does get frustrating seeing TalkSport, DailyMail, MOTD, and now BT lay into Arsenal at each and every opportunity. We're always somewhere inbetween a figure of fun when we lose and contempt when we win.

They have jumped on the bandwagon with the Arsenal hate.
Original post by Peggles_*
They have jumped on the bandwagon with the Arsenal hate.

It's not even a bandwaggon, goes way way back.

We should just stop dealing with many media outlets Fergie style, see how they act then...
Original post by Zürich
It's not even a bandwaggon, goes way way back.

We should just stop dealing with many media outlets Fergie style, see how they act then...

Didn't George Graham say something about the media not liking us in 1991?! :rolleyes:

It's all done for more clicks and retweets

I'd say we have the biggest online presence, trolls like DM journos and wums like Durham see this and just make the choice to make disparaging comments so they get more clicks and retweets. I genuinely don't think Durham is stupid enough to believe some of the tripe he comes out with.

If we just went full media blackout, I'd expect Talksport to go out of business and quite a few lay offs at the DM.
Original post by So Instinct
ikr.

:yawn:
All the haters are gon learn soon enough when Sanchez is ripping their defence is pieces. **** BT and their cringe channel. I hope sky blows them out of the water with this new Sky Sport 5
Original post by sevchenko
All the haters are gon learn soon enough when Sanchez is ripping their defence is pieces. **** BT and their cringe channel. I hope sky blows them out of the water with this new Sky Sport 5

Even my mate who supports Liverpool he Whatsapped me, even he found the ad pretty cringe.
Original post by Kruz
Even my mate who supports Liverpool he Whatsapped me, even he found the ad pretty cringe.

The ad was probably made by some sour scouser cause we blew them out of the water to get Sanchez. They're bitter Because Arsenal has better pull.

It funny because we all know Liverpool are dropping out of the top four next season. I reckon we should drop a bid for Sturridge when they do. he's their only half decent player
(edited 9 years ago)
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/wenger-snachez-modern-striker-145054750.html

So Wenger will probably be playing Sanchez up top, said he has all the attributes of a modern striker. Only worry is if he's the lone striker, winning it in the air and holding the ball up could be a problem
Damn people are really angry we signed Sanchez :lol:. I wonder what people will say if Khedira joins. I like how angry people are it's a good thing :smile:.

http://talksport.com/football/sanchez-could-regret-choosing-arsenal-over-liverpool-claims-lewis-140712101404

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Is Sanchez physical enough to play the striker? If I was Walcott, I'd be pissed off since he's probably a similar type player to Sanchez.
Original post by Zerforax
Is Sanchez physical enough to play the striker? If I was Walcott, I'd be pissed off since he's probably a similar type player to Sanchez.

I dont think Walcott has any real interest in playing striker and that was all positioning by his agent for the new contract. Sanchez has bags more technical ability and general craftiness than Walcott anyway so he's more suited imo. Sanchez is small but he's quite tough and has that low center of gravity. Maybe Sanchez will play with Giroud up front like Aguero and Negrano/Dzecko do for City? :confused:

Last time Arsenal played with 2 strikers was in the early 2000s but the lone striker craze seems to be in slight retreat atm with many clubs utilizing a sort of half striker as well as a target man.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest