The Student Room Group

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alfissti
Who is it that fires on average 6-20 rockets each hour into Israel? Thankfully most of it are junk ones for now that are fired indiscriminately.

There is a very simple reason why there are hardly any Israeli casualties with physical injuries. Israel takes the safety of people within its land with the utmost importance.

Israel invested in a system called Iron Dome which is an anti-missile system. Fortifies many buildings from bus stops to underground shelters where its citizens could go into and also most buildings tend to be built in view that the country is surrounded by crap neighbours thus are rather well made. I suppose it does help that it doesn't use human shields as well.

The Iron Dome system has proven to be 90% accurate and at a cost of US$40k for each shot it doesn't come cheap but Israel views it that you can't put a price on life of persons within its borders.

High casualties on the other side isn't surprising, many of the rockets are purposely stored in areas with high civilian population and many are also made in places of religious importance.

One thing should be noted, Israel prior to bombing an area does drop thousands of leaflets warning civilian populations to vacate the area, pity hamas instead tells its civilians to ignore it and plenty often purposely enter into the very building in hope it would prevent the Israelis from razing it to the ground.

Lack of civilian bomb shelters certainly isn't due to lack of money, much of the hamas leadership are extremely wealthy thanks in part to the millions they receive in foreign aid.

That bold part is wrong. The US are willingly splashing $100Billion on Israel so don't start pretending like they're poor as **** like Palestine.

Israeli military are dropping 1,000's of warheads on these Palestinians, they have literally no where else on their own damn land to hide to, where do you suggest they go to? Into the Israeli parts to be shot on command?
Nothing to protest, Palestine is a myth. Never ever has a nation called Palestine existed.
Original post by Drewski
No, we just know it'll be of ****-all use.

Name a single protest in the last 25 years that has worked...

I think a lets not go to work day would be more productive, if lots did it, it would be effective.
Original post by lilypear
That bold part is wrong. The US are willingly splashing $100Billion on Israel so don't start pretending like they're poor as **** like Palestine.

Israeli military are dropping 1,000's of warheads on these Palestinians, they have literally no where else on their own damn land to hide to, where do you suggest they go to? Into the Israeli parts to be shot on command?

Source?
What's the point? You're protesting at the wrong people. The violence will continue until the government of Gaza (Hamas) ceases its plan to destroy Israel. Do you not notice that these strikes only ever occur after rocket fire? When was the last strike on the West Bank, for example? None since the second intifada, as far as I recall. I'm not necessarily defending Israel's conduct of war, but Israel are not the people who started this and they cannot be the people to end it.

So when is the next protest against Hamas rule in Gaza?
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Nothing to protest, Palestine is a myth. Never ever has a nation called Palestine existed.

That doesn't mean it couldn't exist, and there are legitimate grievances that Palestinians hold. The only thing is, they elect religious totalitarians to rule them, and as such I cannot support any claim to statehood, and in fact support Israeli occupation as a lesser evil.
Original post by katbob
Not even for a good cause?? It would be time better spent. Plus you might get to meet some nice people.. Its not all just Muslims there you know.

What do you mean by that and why was it important to mention?
Source?

My apologies I can't remember where I read it so I take it back.

However the killings of Palestinian people aren't even HAMAS related peoples. "The UN estimates that 77% of those killed in Gaza have been civilians." - BBC

Edit: "
The Israeli Air Force has dropped approximately 400 tonnes of bombs and missiles on the Gaza Strip over the past two days, a senior official said today." - Here

and this

oh and:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by katbob
Not even for a good cause?? It would be time better spent. Plus you might get to meet some nice people.. Its not all just Muslims there you know.

All I'm saying to everyone is just think if you were in the Palestinians position. Being subject to mental torture and demoralisation. Every aspect of your life restricted. Then for it to be turned around and the rest of the world thinks that those who are oppressing you, are the ones who are being unfairly treated.
How awful. :frown:
And then people can't even give a few hours of their time to fight, to stand up, to help liberate you.
Its all going to die down again in awhile. That why we need the maximum number of people to make the biggest impact. There probably won't be anymore protests after these tbh.

It has nothing to do with saracens being there. No idea why you assumed that.

It will just do nothing, Israel won't stop, Hamas won't stop because some people protest. It's a waste of time.
Shame on Israel:
Interesting fact : Israeli attacks kills 100+ Palestinians a whole bunch of imbeciles are being in uproar.

ISIS has killed 12k plus muslims of various sects, plenty who aren't muslims and razed or demolished places of worship but much of you are silent.

People only care when it's democracies.

If Israel were a tyranny like Gaza or Syria, nobody would care about this. It wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd much prefer it if each person planning on attending the protest would instead go into their local libraries and read a good historical account of the conflict. Maybe then we could have a higher standard of discourse regarding the issue of Israel and Palestine. I absolutely hate all the hysteria and foaming-at-the-mouth that this subject seems to always elicit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 92
Hahahahahaha protests hahahahahahahahahah.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Original post by hihoho
Hahahahahaha protests hahahahahahahahahah.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

:tongue:
Having read a lot around the conflict of Israel and Palestine, I have not been able to find out why exactly Israel has occupied Palestine. I assume that is because most sources are pro-Palestine. I haven't really formed an opinion on the whole case and whose side to take but on the face of it Israel do seem to be in the wrong at least in most people's eyes. Being objective however, I would like to know what Israel's side of the argument is. It is natural to feel more sympathetic towards the underdogs (Palestine) for being less able to defend themselves but this is irrelevant IF it is Palestine who are in the wrong. I think most people are too quick to form a judgement and let their emotions make irrational decisions for them. That's not to say that I'm taking Israel's (or anyone's) side, but I do think people should spend more time researching both sides of the argument rather than naively accepting what they are presented with. After all, I'm sure Israel have their reasons. They did not just wake up with random hate for Palestine. So what exactly is Israel's argument?
Reply 95
Original post by universal_set
:tongue:

hahahahaha nah i am not, but honestly, what protests have ever done???
Original post by katbob
Yeah don't worry I do that all the time too, when I read back my posts.
What was wrong with my reply though? :confused: if your clean then you won't be smelly.
Oh wait actually does curry count as being smelly?
And thanks a lot! :mad: Now I can't edit it out cause you've quoted me and he'll see it! :colondollar:

Because he didn't say anything about Muslims he just called all the protestors hippies, I'm sure there are Muslims and non-Muslims alike protesting. I'm pretty sure he wasn't insulting Muslims, just the act of protesting. I think anyway.
Don't you people have anything better to do?

I won't be going for it as it isn't a cause I support, I do however support Israel's right to defend itself and till you live in a place where your neighbours constantly fires rockets at your house I doubt you'd understand.

Dude you need to get a grip, Israel has the iron dome missile defence system that hardly any of the hamas DIY rockets which are unguided and more like potshots can penetrate, compared to the air and sea bombardment of gaza using warships and jets.

It upsets me to see how ignorant some people are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tabmax22
Having read a lot around the conflict of Israel and Palestine, I have not been able to find out why exactly Israel has occupied Palestine. I assume that is because most sources are pro-Palestine. I haven't really formed an opinion on the whole case and whose side to take but on the face of it Israel do seem to be in the wrong at least in most people's eyes. Being objective however, I would like to know what Israel's side of the argument is. It is natural to feel more sympathetic towards the underdogs (Palestine) for being less able to defend themselves but this is irrelevant IF it is Palestine who are in the wrong. I think most people are too quick to form a judgement and let their emotions make irrational decisions for them. That's not to say that I'm taking Israel's (or anyone's) side, but I do think people should spend more time researching both sides of the argument rather than naively accepting what they are presented with. After all, I'm sure Israel have their reasons. They did not just wake up with random hate for Palestine. So what exactly is Israel's argument?

Have you watched occupation 101?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by katbob
:rofl:

Ghandi???

Ghandhi didn't win independence for India.

it was the culmination of hundreds of freedom fighters work and deaths to get to where gandhi spearheaded independence.

Why cant the palestinians get their **** together?

Quick Reply

Latest