BBQ sauce
Wholegrain Mustard
Hollandaise/Bearnaise

all have their place.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Ketchup is GOAT

Popular opinion so far tbh. :yep:

Original post by Coffeetime
Here it's quite common on sandwiches and as a dipping sauce. Mmm. I have heard of the HP sauce. My local grocery store has a small UK section. Another one for me is chilli. I know it's not a condiment and more of it's own meal, but I would eat it on just about anything.

You should go try the Hp sauce, definitely worth it.

Sweet chilli? Or like hot sauce? both are now on the ever expanding poll. :biggrin:

Original post by Last Day Lepers
It depends on what it's going with. i.e. chips go with mayo and ketchup, sausage sandwich goes with brown sauce etc.

If you could only have 1 condiment for the rest of you life, which would it be? If you had to only choose that one forever?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
You can't really get this in the UK, but this stuff is the crack of condiments:

God it's is amazing. AMAZING.

I need five minutes.

That stuff looks fairly awesome. Anywhere in UK i can get some/try some?
Original post by Motorbiker

The people of TSR have good taste. As shown by them picking the correct films in the competition :cool:
Have you guys already voted and gone other? I just added in a few more options based on thread replies so if you want i can switch your vote to something else.

Yeh I already gone other, oh god BBQ Sauce and sweet chilli dip.. hard choice

Sweet chilli? Or like hot sauce? both are now on the ever expanding poll. :biggrin:

Neither? This.

Original post by manchesterunited15
The people of TSR have good taste. As shown by them picking the correct films in the competition :cool:

You have been lucky so far yea! :tongue:

Seen how the people are voting this round yet?

I've only actually commented on 3 of the threads even though i made them all due to busyiness.

BTTF/Forrest Gump is a vote in it or tied everytime i check!

If you could only have 1 condiment for the rest of you life, which would it be? If you had to only choose that one forever?

Sweet chili sauce. Goes with everything.
You have been lucky so far yea! :tongue:

Seen how the people are voting this round yet?

I've only actually commented on 3 of the threads even though i made them all due to busyiness.

BTTF/Forrest Gump is a vote in it or tied everytime i check!

'Lucky', pffft :wink:

I just got home so I'll have a look now!
Sweet chili sauce. Goes with everything.

EVERYTHING?

Cereal?

I do like it on many things but not everything... Although puddles just disagreed with me and agreed with you that it goes on everything so i think i'm wrong on this one...
Original post by Joshale
Yeh I already gone other, oh god BBQ Sauce and sweet chilli dip.. hard choice

If you pick one i'll move your vote for you! :yep:

Original post by Coffeetime
Neither? This.

So is that just flaked chunks of chilli? Very nice!
Sweet chilli all the way!

Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
When I was working in restaurants, had to handle deliveries. I was carrying a big box of ketchup all the way up 3 flights of stairs. It had a leak, and it went all over me. The smell of ketchup stuck to my work uniform for weeks, and the smell of ketchup since has made me feel grim. I hate Ketchup.

And I STILL voted for Ketchup. It's just the main sauce for modern life :h:

:rofl: really sorry, but couldn't help laughing at this :tongue:
Have many people voting tasted Worcester sauce, hot sauce or mustard? I can't believe ketchup and mayonnaise has 6/7 votes and these have one. Cannot be serious.
Reply 53
I went for Worcestershire sauce on the basis that you can (and I do) use it to flavour pretty much everything.

I buy it in 2 litre bottles!
EVERYTHING?

Cereal?

I do like it on many things but not everything... Although puddles just disagreed with me and agreed with you that it goes on everything so i think i'm wrong on this one...

Everything within the context of the thread i.e. excluding deserts, cakes etc.
I'll have to go with sweet chilli instead of my 'other' option, McDonald's one especially, mmm
Original post by Wilfred Little
Have many people voting tasted Worcester sauce, hot sauce or mustard? I can't believe ketchup and mayonnaise has 6/7 votes and these have one. Cannot be serious.

Have tasted Worcester sauce, good on cheese on toast, hot sauce, nice for adding a kick to something and mustard is beautiful with some good meat. Had some with some brisket the other day and it was simply amazing.

I still voted Mayo though. It's more versatile as an allround sauce. :tongue:

Everything within the context of the thread i.e. excluding deserts, cakes etc.

Fair enough. Puddles has shown me the way of the sweet chilli. I have had it on bacon butties before and enjoyed it tbh.
Original post by Wilfred Little

Effeminate palates ITT.
Original post by Joshale
I'll have to go with sweet chilli instead of my 'other' option, McDonald's one especially, mmm

Moved it for you. :yep:

It's only one vote off the lead now.

Favourite sweet chilli sauce? Blue Dragon?
Here it is people! The battle you've all been waiting for!

And an other category for the lesser condiments you'll yell at me for missing off the list.

CHIPOTLE MAYO!!!!!

Feeling nice; here is the recipe for nice serving:

- half a palm sized piece of red pepper (diced into thumb sized pieces)
- handful of fresh basil (roll in your hand first to release the oils)
- 7/8 teaspoon english mustard
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste (discovery do a nice small bottle)
- 3 tablespoons of mayo
- tiny bit of black pepper
- add a couple of drops of tabasco if you want

blitz in a food processor until it is a brown/red/pink sauce with bits of green dotted around.

Tastes amazing and is my go to sauce for any burger / hot dog / grilled or BBQ meat

Quick Reply

Latest