The Student Room Group

Girls, do you like putting effort into your appearance?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ApeMob
She and I both said that Arabs are documented as white. And just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it's never been seen. Arabs are a whole people not just the ones you have encountered or speak/spoken to. It is a political issue how Arabs racially identify themselves.

Where did i say that lol
Reply 121
Original post by itsRochana
Where did i say that lol

lol oh really? hold on then...
Reply 122
There are only 3 major races. Arabs are of the Caucasian race,so are Europeans,Indians, nordic people and some others. Features in a race can vary widely

Boomshakalaka.
Reply 123
Original post by Secretnerd123
I have this theory that nobody is 100% one ethnicity. We all have mixes for example, there are tribes in somalia who have strong yemeni heritage which is why some somalis like myself are quite light wheras some are dark. there is even a small group call the hamari who have distant portugese ancestors. Hmmm..

What ethnicity are you?

That is what I was saying from the beginning.

I am Native American.
Original post by ApeMob
That is what I was saying from the beginning.

I am Native American.

Be more specific
Reply 125
Original post by Secretnerd123
Be more specific

lol excuse me? And what are you exactly...
Original post by ApeMob
Boomshakalaka.

I didn't say they were white :tongue: .. the term caucasian is used synonymously with white,but not all Caucasians are white i think
Reply 127
I didn't say they were white :tongue: .. the term caucasian is used synonymously with white,but not all Caucasians are white i think

lol :rolleyes:
Original post by ApeMob
lol :rolleyes:

!!
Original post by ApeMob
lol excuse me? And what are you exactly...

Native Americans vary in terms of where they from. Anywho, if you wanna keep it personal than cool with me :tongue:
Reply 130
It's getting a lil feisty. Mainly because judging/categorising someone because of their race is pretty ridiculous anyway but that is the world we live in. Now we have to fight just to make sense of it.
Original post by ApeMob
It's getting a lil feisty. Mainly because judging/categorising someone because of their race is pretty ridiculous anyway but that is the world we live in. Now we have to fight just to make sense of it.

Nice conclusion :tongue:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Yes. I always do my full makeup, hair and clothing even when not going out

Wow.. this explains a lot
Original post by ApeMob

Feisty? Lol how..

Anyway end of race/ethnicity discussion :smile:
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Soap is damaging to your skin

Definitely does less damage than make up:rolleyes:
Yup, putting effort into my appearance makes me feel more confident, therefore I like doing it :tongue:
If I'm leaving the house (for anywhere) I do something with my hair and wear make up. If I'm staying in I wear my hair up but I still wear mascara at the very least
If I pop to the local shop I go completely bare faced. If I were to go sixth form I wear foundation and lipstick. Very rarely fill in my brows or do any kind of eye makeup. I think its fun to put makeup on when I have somewhere to dress up.
Reply 137
Original post by Dinaa
Afghans are usually dark skinned. They want to be pale, so they put foundation (that is like 6x lighter than their own shade) on. :P Afghans eh? haha

Umm afghans arent all dark skinned the ones i have met are all pretty fair..
My whole family is all quite fair as well.. m the only comparitively dark one..
Thought I reply back but... *walks away*
Reply 139
Original post by fishi
Umm afghans arent all dark skinned the ones i have met are all pretty fair..
My whole family is all quite fair as well.. m the only comparitively dark one..

I said usually. There are light ones. My auntys are all white bcuz my nan is just picky like that. I think its like that in every family :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest