The Student Room Group

Why do my girlfriends friends call me ugly?

I will admit that in the beginning of the relationship I was kind of an ******* cause of some major stress and trauma from my past relationship that was unresolved. When I say ******* I mean MAJOR. It’s embarrassing and I’m so ashamed of myself, what I said in the past has haunted me and stuck with her for the 2 years we have been together. And she would go talk to her friends about it. And they all said the same thing. “You’re out of his leauge” or “you could do better” or “he should be lucky you gave him a chance” and it’s like why go after my looks? Wouldn’t character make more sense? These are women my own age (in our 20s) going after my looks, and today a former female friend of mine that used to call me hot and out of HER leauge. found out how bad I was and proceeded to call me a pos, tell my girlfriend she’s doing charity work, that I’m ugly etc. why do my damn looks have to be brought up?!? Like is that really necessary?!??? And my girlfriend wonders why my self esteem is damaged beyond repair. I’m guessing they mean that…awesome
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I will admit that in the beginning of the relationship I was kind of an ******* cause of some major stress and trauma from my past relationship that was unresolved. When I say ******* I mean MAJOR. It’s embarrassing and I’m so ashamed of myself, what I said in the past has haunted me and stuck with her for the 2 years we have been together. And she would go talk to her friends about it. And they all said the same thing. “You’re out of his leauge” or “you could do better” or “he should be lucky you gave him a chance” and it’s like why go after my looks? Wouldn’t character make more sense? These are women my own age (in our 20s) going after my looks, and today a former female friend of mine that used to call me hot and out of HER leauge. found out how bad I was and proceeded to call me a pos, tell my girlfriend she’s doing charity work, that I’m ugly etc. why do my damn looks have to be brought up?!? Like is that really necessary?!??? And my girlfriend wonders why my self esteem is damaged beyond repair. I’m guessing they mean that…awesome

if i was in your position i wouldn't react to it and just break up with her with no reason, because it sounds like it's gone on for long enough and it's not worth putting too much effort into it. butt idk the whole story so just do what u think is best, youre all mature enough to know when someones just being petty plus could u really picture her in the long run if something like this is causing sm of a problem. hope this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Mb they're jealous of your gf, she should acc get new friends but yh u need to get away from that
Reply 3
Honestly, you answered your own question.

You're upset that some girls are calling you unattractive, but it's important to remember that attractiveness is not just about looks. It's also about personality. The girls who were calling you hot before may have been balanced your physical appearance to attracted with your personality. Now that they've gotten to know you better, they find your personality unattractive.

I mean, personally. A dude can be opposite to my type psychically, yet have a mentality that would balances out the appeal of being together.

You can also have a incredibly pretty dude, with an awful mentality, narcissist that just screams red flags...

Having an awful mentality could also affect how they treat themselves physically as well. A lot of hardcore gym bros would go on diets, and don't carry around mints + brush their teeths, and that's a massive ick.

Idk that end was a bit off topic. I still answered your question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending