The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
a little suprised by all those putting rooney in?

Is he priced well or something? (have not looked at players yet)

But just seemed risky to me, and like he was a crisis waiting to happen when paired against his new boss

Nice fixtures for first few GWs so a nailed on attacker seems necessary. Also, might just be me, but there seems to be more appealing options in midfield than strikers. So Mata usually doesn't make the cut and I end up with Rooney in any tinkering I do. But yeah, biggest uncertainty is whether he's going to be a regular starter or not.
Gonna be without Man Utd players, want to see how they do under Van Gaal first.

Absolutely no idea which City attacker to choose.
Two of the biggest conumdrums I face is Knockeart or Drinkwater (as I rated them very highly after watching a few Leicester games last season.

Then it goes to B. Davies or Ward? I almost regret making my team so early. Just keep tinkering.
Original post by little_wizard123
X

Just checked the H2H league and there are 35. Might it be an idea to create a 2nd one almost like a 2nd division when the first gets the remaining 3 members to ensure that everyone plays everyone else?
Original post by Narcissist
Hazard undroppable IMO.

Jose loves him. I'd drop Ramsey before him considering how many midfielders Arsenal have in similar roles.

My first draft:

4.5/4.5
5/5/5/4.5/4
7/8/9/10
12.5/6/10.5

Will adjust the actual players closer to the time. Currently hoping a few transfers go through.

Hazard is 10m whilst Ramsey, Fabregas, Mata, Silva and Ozil can all be bought for 9m and Oscar is 8.5m. Given how high most prices are this year compared to previous years an extra 1m or 1.5m could be crucial. Hazard is a good player but he will not get that many more points than others and assuming you look past the opening 2 weeks, his fixtures are far from perfect. Mata is 1m cheaper, has really easy fixtures and is also guaranteed a start. Also now that Costa is there, Hazard won't need to do it all alone anymore, so he should score less overall (despite the extra assists.)

Finally, I have restricted the H2H league to 38 teams, so everybody plays everybody else. This will likely take a few weeks to fill up so there's no rush. I was tempted to restrict to 19 teams but as there were about 100 people in the league last year, 19 seems too little.

Given that there are already 35 people, why not delete the league and split it into 2 divisions of 20 (adding a 3rd when it gets over 40 people total) and have it with promotions and relegations every year.
Division 1 could be people who did well last year and then division 2 and 3 for people who did badly or newcomers. If you get top 5 or so at the end of 2014-2015 then you get promoted to the next division. There are definitely enough people with already 35 and more to come.
Original post by Alex Doran
Given that there are already 35 people, why not delete the league and split it into 2 divisions of 20 (adding a 3rd when it gets over 40 people total) and have it with promotions and relegations every year.
Division 1 could be people who did well last year and then division 2 and 3 for people who did badly or newcomers. If you get top 5 or so at the end of 2014-2015 then you get promoted to the next division. There are definitely enough people with already 35 and more to come.

I was considering two divisions, but it would be such a hassle trying to get people into the correct division next season. I did some TSR knockout competition last year which was just done via here, but doing something using the H2H would be a good idea.

Any other ideas? I can't really remember much more than the top 10 last year, and it'd be a bit unfair to kick people out to put them in an arbitrary 2nd division.

Edit: How about this: Three divisions of 20 people, top 6 + best two losers go into the top 20 next year (will just assume all three leagues are equal in quality for now). Also, at the half way point, I can create some kind of 'Champions League' H2H for the top 3 teams in each pool. 9 teams would mean 18 GWs, which is about right if I do it after 19 weeks. If I'm not in the top 3, somebody who is can create the league.

It'd be good to make the TSR H2H more interesting, I tried to claim it was worth winning when I won it a few years ago but it's really nothing worth winning... until now.
(edited 9 years ago)
So are we doing that TSR cup again? was good last season.
I have added my team to both leagues, Livestrong FC.
Original post by mr tim
So are we doing that TSR cup again? was good last season.

Maybe, but would prefer to do something involving the H2H leagues.
I was considering two divisions, but it would be such a hassle trying to get people into the correct division next season. I did some TSR knockout competition last year which was just done via here, but doing something using the H2H would be a good idea.

Any other ideas? I can't really remember much more than the top 10 last year, and it'd be a bit unfair to kick people out to put them in an arbitrary 2nd division.

Edit: How about this: Three divisions of 20 people, top 6 + best two losers go into the top 20 next year (will just assume all three leagues are equal in quality for now). Also, at the half way point, I can create some kind of 'Champions League' H2H for the top 3 teams in each pool. 9 teams would mean 18 GWs, which is about right if I do it after 19 weeks. If I'm not in the top 3, somebody who is can create the league.

It'd be good to make the TSR H2H more interesting, I tried to claim it was worth winning when I won it a few years ago but it's really nothing worth winning... until now.

That sounds good. I only joined TSR recently and haven't done any of the previous fantasy league things on here (I did a world cup predictor, that's it) so I don't know how it worked in the past but based on leagues with friends, head to head is just more exciting because you can make a comeback so less people just give up.
If you wanted to have seeded divisions then you could look at the total points scored last season by everyone but that would probably take ages to do. I think the easiest would be 3 "equal" divisions this year like you said and then top 6 from each plus 2 wildcards.
The good thing about head to head is that you can't just have 1 bad week and ruin a whole season of good work. It is more about consistency (I always start well for 10 games then absolutely fail, no idea why. I usually pick again around January.)
Anything that keeps it interesting it always good, so many people just give up after 10 weeks if it isn't working out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay guys, I have created three H2H leagues (9 leagues were created in about 30 seconds!), feel free to join any one.

See spoiler.

As soon as 20 teams are in a division, I will close it. I will add the codes to the OP.

After 19 weeks, I will create a new division with the top 3 in each league, to run alongside the three divisions above. Also, the top 6 in each league + 2 others will be entered into the top 20 for next season.

Note: if you have already entered the H2H, you will not be in a league, so please re-enter. I tried to restrict the initial league to 20 teams, but it didn't do anything so I had no choice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay guys, I have created three H2H leagues (9 leagues were created in about 30 seconds!), feel free to join any one.

28-61027
28-61032
28-61041

As soon as 20 teams are in a division, I will close it. I will add the codes to the OP.

After 19 weeks, I will create a new division with the top 3 in each league, to run alongside the three divisions above. Also, the top 6 in each league + 2 others will be entered into the top 20 for next season.

Note: if you have already entered the H2H, you will not be in a league, so please re-enter. I tried to restrict the initial league to 20 teams, but it didn't do anything so I had no choice.

Joined division A because, in my head, it is clearly the best division.
Just joined Division B

Posted from TSR Mobile

28-61027
28-61032
28-61041

Done a random number generator, came out as 2, so joined 2nd league.
Reply 195

28-61027
28-61032
28-61041

These.codes don't work for me
Dnt tell me i'm too late and leagues are.already closed

Edit: Never mind i never realised there.was.a.space before i wrote the code
(edited 9 years ago)
In Division B. Going to rock it.
Team: ROYGBIV
in to Div A

Great idea by the way.. makes the half-way point a bit more intresting, as we will all now be competing for those top3 spots..
Can someone explain to me how H2H works??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest