The Student Room Group

Which subject to combine with management (MA Edinburgh University)

I'm starting a Scottish Master of Arts (undergraduate level) this september at the University of Edinburgh and I'll have the opportunity to choose another subject beyond the one I applied for (management).

Therefore, I am wondering which subject would create a good combination with management. I was thinking of IR, but I'm afraid that I will struggle to find a job after having got such a degree. Is this combination a mickey mouse degree? I'm asking this, because I've read that both of them don't provide any important practical skills and therefore employers don't consider them as highly regarded degrees. Is that true?
Human Geography also interests me a lot, but its employment rates aren't better than the ones of a IR degree, I guess.

(I'd like to get a job as a manager or something of the kind, for the record. )

I was also thinking of economics, but it doesn't interest me as much as IR or Geography. On the other hand, Management and Economics is a much more respected degree I think.

What would you do? What other subjects would you suggest?
Please, don't just tell me to choose the subject that I prefer most, try to be honest.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by aless93
Thanks a lot!

Moved this to the Business and Management university courses section for you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending