The Student Room Group

Is it because i'm Chinese?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by anonymouspie227
You really haven't looked at the black girl threads then.

One thread here and there is not proof that every website shes been on labels black women as undesirable.

Have you realised this thread is not even about black women, no one criticised black women, yet a black woman managed to input her low self esteem issues into it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
Are you kidding me? Did you read what she wrote? She claimed every website she has been on labels women liker her, black women as undesirable of course it's a silly claim and definitely exaggerated it's just the sort of ridiculous line that continues to portray black women as low self esteem.

I have seen websites criticising black women's looks and within the same websites there will be people with positive comments about black women so yes it is a silly claim.

Also once again a black women focusing purely on her physical attributes you seem to have a problem looking beyond your physical selves, men could easily not want to be with a woman because she has not got a nice personality. Problem with women like you and her are you enjoy playing victim any attention is good attention with you.

Yes the every website was the exaggeration I was pointing out :rolleyes:

I've seen good comments about black women too but I've seen more bad ones to be honest. Who said I focus more on my physical attributes? I can't change them and I'm happy with them so please don't put words in my mouth. Yes I know men may not want to date a woman purely because of her personality but they could just as easily not want to date a woman because of her skin colour.

Playing victim am I? In my eyes I'm not a victim - but the truths the truth and from what I've seen purely on this website I believe she had a point
Original post by Mancini
One thread here and there is not proof that every website shes been on labels black women as undesirable.

Have you realised this thread is not even about black women, no one criticised black women, yet a black woman managed to input her low self esteem issues into it.

They're deleted very quickly so I guess you haven't seen the threads the other person was referring to but they pretty much go like the PM I was sent today:

Your ugly smell ,dangerous ,the girl are like men and so fake with their weave ,I've had enought of you people ,I've seen you lot robbing Asians and disturbing classes since i'm born and screaming racism if we refuse to date you lot...

We haven't got low self esteem we're just telling you how it is
Original post by Imouf
My friend and I were walking along the trail and there were about like 10 people walking along the trail too. All like white guys, I think one girl, white too. Ok also were in 6th grade fwi all of us.
Why do so many of these posts complaining about racism on the part of whites contain obvious Americanisms like "grade", etc.? This is a British forum. The racial problems of America, or ill-treatment you have experienced in America, while not entirely separate from our own, are of a quite different character, and don't belong in these discussions.
Original post by Anonymous
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.
There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

OP you sound similar to me. East Asian, short-arse and had the occasional racial slur thrown my way. I'm not in any way hot; I consider myself to be average at best. Yet I have no trouble getting attention from guys at uni. Don't want to sound conceited but it was something I noticed. Never happened at school was the funny thing. Why? I'm sociable and I make people laugh. I've become really confident since starting uni. Heck I don't even party or drink but people like to spend time with me. The thing is, if you put too much pressure to seek it out, it probably won't happen. Just chill, enjoy your time with your male amigos and hey, if it clicks, it clicks. They dig gaming? hallelujah. Uni isn't the only place to have a bf, so if nothing fruitful occurs, just relax. I'm not even that bothered about having one, if it makes you feel better.

And FYI, if guys are staring at you, it means they might be interested. Give your fellow yellows a try :biggrin:
Reply 105
Original post by MidnightDream
Yes the every website was the exaggeration I was pointing out :rolleyes:

I've seen good comments about black women too but I've seen more bad ones to be honest. Who said I focus more on my physical attributes? I can't change them and I'm happy with them so please don't put words in my mouth. Yes I know men may not want to date a woman purely because of her personality but they could just as easily not want to date a woman because of her skin colour.

Playing victim am I? In my eyes I'm not a victim - but the truths the truth and from what I've seen purely on this website I believe she had a point

When I mentioned the focus on physical attributes, I am talking about black women in general every time a black girl here complains it's about guys not being attracted to their looks they can only focus on the physical. They totally ignore their personality and the idea that a guy may simply not find your personality appealing and therefor have no connection with you so he would have no reason to be with you.

No one put words in your mouth its my observation of some black girls behaviour.

Well you know guys may not want to date you because of personality and you also know they may not want to date you because of your skin colour. People are allowed to have taste, some may simply be racist and not like you cause you're black some may simply be attracted to lighter skinned women at the end of their day its their choice which they are entitled to not everyone in the world is going to be attracted to you.

However , trying to come on here and paint every male as holding of these views is plain wrong and a lie so stop.

Yes I did call you a victim because this is how you are portraying yourself by agreeing with her exaggerated claims, even negative attention is good attention for you.

The poster I replied to was not even writing about this website she was talking about external websites and I know for sure her claims are gibberish. Perhaps you and her only remember the negative views and yes there may be more negative views unfortunately not everyone is going to see you as an example of beauty whether based on personality or physical looks does not mean you are not beautiful or that others won't see it in you.

Everyone makes choices based on experiences or what they perceive, however, people sometimes perceive wrong but you are not helping portray yourself well here by agreeing with her silly claims.

Last point this thread is not about black women.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mancini
When I mentioned the focus on physical attributes, I am talking about black women in general every time a black girl here complains it's about guys not being attracted to their looks they can only focus on the physical. They totally ignore their personality and the idea that a guy may simply not find your personality appealing and therefor have no connection with you so he would have no reason to be with you.

No one put words in your mouth its my observation of some black girls behaviour.

Well you know guys may not want to date you because of personality and you also know they may not want to date you because of your skin colour. People are allowed to have taste, some may simply be racist and not like you cause you're black some may simply be attracted to lighter skinned women at the end of their day its their choice which they are entitled to not everyone in the world is going to be attracted to you.

However , trying to come on here and paint every male as holding of these views is plain wrong and a lie so stop.

Yes I did call you a victim because this is how you are portraying yourself by agreeing with her exaggerated claims, even negative attention is good attention for you.

The poster I replied to was not even writing about this website she was talking about external websites and I know for sure her claims are gibberish. Perhaps you and her only remember the negative views and yes there may be more negative views unfortunately not everyone is going to see you as an example of beauty whether based on personality or physical looks does not mean you are not beautiful or that others won't see it in you.

Everyone makes choices based on experiences or what they perceive, however, people sometimes perceive wrong but you are not helping portray yourself well here by agreeing to her silly claims.

Last point this thread is not about black women.

Lel no you've missed the point. It's not that people have said I'm not attracted to you because yada yada so on and so forth it's that people have said 'I'm not attracted to black girls' which I think is a preference and not racist as I'm sure she thinks too. She's just pointing out that as someone who feels that she is least desired generally by white guys because of her skin colour, she's been fine and as the OP thinks that it's because she's Chinese that white guys aren't attracted to her she shouldn't feel like it's not going to happen - she was just drawing a parallel.

The only person that has turned this into a thread about black women is you dear.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 107
They're deleted very quickly so I guess you haven't seen the threads the other person was referring to but they pretty much go like the PM I was sent today:

We haven't got low self esteem we're just telling you how it is

She never mentioned any threads once again she was talking about external sites you seem to have reading comprehension problems.

Well you say you haven't got low self esteem I think you do. Also it is not how it is, it's how you perceive it to be and your perception is clouding your judgement.

Have you not realised that you have infiltrated this thread with your issues when you should actually be focusing on the thread starters issues? You are here to advise her not take it over with your problems.

If you want to focus on problems affecting black women you could start your own thread.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Plenty of guys like Oriental girls are long as you are not the complete book worm type who puts no effort into your appearance. The same can't be said about Oriental guys. :frown:

:rofl: you're a good one man.
Original post by Mancini
She never mentioned any threads once again she was talking about external sites you seem to have reading comprehension problems.

Well you say you haven't got low self esteem I think you do. Also it is not how it is, it's how you perceive it to be and your perception is clouding your judgement.

Have you not realised that you have infiltrated this thread with your issues when you should actually be focusing on the thread starters issues? You are here to advise her not take it over with your problems.

If you want to focus on problems affecting black women you could start your own thread.

You started this not me :laugh: the quote I added was because you said you hadn't seen any of the threads her on tsr, so I thought I'd just show you how they normally go.

I haven't got low self esteem, if someone doesn't like me because of my skin colour that's fine, I'm not going to sit around and cry about something I can't change
I have to say i find a lot of oriental ladies attractive. I may well feel inhibited in approaching them because i probably falsely assume that Chinese people tend to stick with their own and wouldnt welcome approaches by non oriental males such as I
Reply 111
Lel no you've missed the point. It's not that people have said I'm not attracted to you because yada yada so on and so forth it's that people have said 'I'm not attracted to black girls' which I think is a preference and not racist as I'm sure she thinks too. She's just pointing out that as someone who feels that she is least desired generally by white guys because of her skin colour, she's been fine and as the OP thinks that it's because she's Chinese that white guys aren't attracted to her she shouldn't feel like it's not going to happen - she was just drawing a parallel.

The only person that has turned this into a thread about black women is you dear.

I have not missed any point I already addressed the thread starter and questioned her over the fact just like black women she seeks validation from white guys in order to feel beautiful which is a big problem which black girls deal with.

However notice the title of the thread

Is it because I am chinese

Not is it because I am a black women

The only similarity here between some black women and the thread starter who is chinese is the sad fact that you both seek validation of worthiness and beauty from the white male and I have already addressed this. The thread starter has not replied yet but I will leave it at that not interested in this back and forth with you.

I also questioned her like I will question you why do you seek validation from the same group of men who most likely in higher rates are racist to you?

I know part of the answer in terms of the white male being an example of western success and you being with one somehow means you are accepted by society in terms of standards of beauty but I struggle to understand the deeper reasons I can only put it down to some sort of mental issue.
You started this not me :laugh: the quote I added was because you said you hadn't seen any of the threads her on tsr, so I thought I'd just show you how they normally go.

I haven't got low self esteem, if someone doesn't like me because of my skin colour that's fine, I'm not going to sit around and cry about something I can't change

No where have I stated that I have not seen negative threads on TSR about black women what you just did is an example of putting words in my mouth.

I will stop replying to you because as I said before you have reading comprehension problems and also I know you feed off this attention.

Nor did I start anything I replied to a poster and for some odd reason you thought she needs you defending her, she already replied to me you had no reason to write to me except maybe because you like this attention I assume.
Original post by Mancini
I have not missed any point I already addressed the thread starter and questioned her over the fact just like black women she seeks validation from white guys in order to feel beautiful which is a big problem which black girls deal with.

However notice the title of the thread

Is it because I am chinese

Not is it because I am a black women

The only similarity here between some black women and the thread starter who is chinese is the sad fact that you both seek validation of worthiness and beauty from the white male and I have already addressed this. The thread starter has not replied yet but I will leave it at that not interested in this back and forth with you.

I also questioned her like I will question you why do you seek validation from the same group of men who most likely in higher rates are racist to you?

I know part of the answer in terms of the white male being an example of western success and you being with one somehow means you are accepted by society in terms of standards of beauty but I struggle to understand the deeper reasons I can only put it down to some sort of mental issue.

OP wanted to know if white guys aren't attracted to her because I'm guessing white guys is her preference, Nigella (?) drew a parallel in which the underlining message was although for some it may be the fact you're Chinese it's not for all which was a nice enough comment although exaggerated. What she was getting at is that she knows somewhat how OP feels.

I don't even know what you're on about in that paragraph, the OP wants to know because white guys are her preference not because she wants to be accepted into society or whatever you think

Don't bother quoting me, I shan't hash this out with you any longer because I don't think you're getting it
No where have I stated that I have not seen negative threads on TSR about black women what you just did is an example of putting words in my mouth.

I will stop replying to you because as I said before you have reading comprehension problems and also I know you feed off this attention.

Nor did I start anything I replied to a poster and for some odd reason you thought she needs you defending her, she already replied to me you had no reason to write to me except maybe because you like this attention I assume.

1. yes you did
2. no I'm not
3. no I do not
4. Not liking the attention, I just dislike losing an argument, I like having the last word :teehee:
5. you quoted her dear, could have left it
6. your response was tad harsh and I thought you needed talking to

OP sorry for messing up you're thread :sad: but some people are just :rolleyes: - I'm sure there are plently of guys who would be really lucky to date you because you seem absolutely fab so don't give up hope - all the best:yep:
(edited 9 years ago)
How did this turn into a debate about black women? :rolleyes: I honestly didn't see this coming :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Focus on the thread starters problem not yourself this is not a thread about black women's issues.
Who called you chinky? Does this still go on? :O Only once at School did I hear a racist slur directed at a Vietnemse girl, lets just say the guy was scolded by the teacher in front of the class, it never happened again at my school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Original post by Mancini
Focus on the thread starters problem not yourself this is not a thread about black women's issues.

Just report her for going off topic.

She is doing it on purpose
In honest opinion, I'm not here fishing for compliments or sympathy, this is a genuine problem that I'm having and some genuine advice would reassure me.
I'm a British born Chinese girl, 5'3 and I wouldn't say I was ugly but I'm definitely not pretty - just below average.
So having been living in the UK for all my life, I've always been a victim of racial bullying that was until I got into university. I think being called 'chinky' n all the **** has literally lowered my self esteem. And I've always felt ugly next to my friends whereby guys always choose them over me like being partners or such. i was always the one left with no partner until a friend's would feel sorry for me and be my partner. I've never really had a boyfriend, been asked out or even kissed. I've tried internet dating, but realistically, I findthey don't work out. I have penty of male friends but I always find myself friendzoned or they end up liking my friend's. I am a sociable person but its like guys never ask for my number or show any interest. I'm already 20 so I'm beginning to feel like there's something wrong with the way I look. I'm fashionable, don't wear tonns of makeup, play games, watch anime, smart. I'm currently studying a respectable degree, I drink n all that but I've literally got nothing and its making me feel like ill forever be alone.
There must be a reason why I'm getting no guys. I'm not desperate, its the fact that everyone around me can easily get someone...I've liked a few guys but they just don't return the feelings and I know it can't be forced.

Could it be yourself OP? Out of interest, are you repelling men because they are not [Insert Desirable Trait here] or other traits you feel desirable about. I mean are men asking you out and you turning them down?

I'm a British male, I'd love a girlfriend from China. Tbh a foreign girlfriend would be more preferable than a British girl. Whenever I meet people from that region they are always really nice and I'm often interested, but it always seems to be when I'm travelling and never at home/university. I'm sorry you haven't met me yet. :tongue:

No excuse for racial bullying. Give me a shout if you want to chat sometime. And not about black women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending