The Student Room Group

I had a baby at 20 AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheTechN1304
What planet do you live on? 30/40 is when most people nowadays are choosing to have children. The days of having children in your early 20s are pretty much over (other than in the 3rd world, and in the case of the OP). Why would you want to waste the young years of your life raising children? Also, people in their early 20s tend to be less established and financially unstable, and the child will most probably have a ****ty upbringing.

Theres no "right" time to have kids I know couples in their late 30's put off having kids because of wanting to do different things now they can't have them and they regret it, Some people will only ever have minimum wage jobs throughout life, are you saying they cant have kids? The most important things kids need is love & support, my mum used to buy me lots of stuff but she was ****ty mum who was never physically or emotionally there for me, my grandma was a poor pensioner living in a council house, who couldnt afford to buy me much maybe a mcdonalds happy meal as a treat but I loved living with her because she loved me and had loads of time for me, my world fell apart when she died. There can be ****ty parents young & old.
Reply 81
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Were you using contraception at the time of the conception? And if so, what sort?

Yes the pill I had a sickness bug while I was in china and she was conceived around that time. I have the implant now so no more kids for at least 4 years.
Original post by vickidc18
Yes the pill I had a sickness bug while I was in china and she was conceived around that time. I have the implant now so no more kids for at least 4 years.

Ah OK, thanks. Would you say the implant is better contraception than pills and condoms, and of so, why?
Reply 83
Would you ever consider posting g a picture of your baby on TSR? :smile:

Yes have been for almost 4 years
Just bought our first home, yes & our families are very happy. I'm starting my nurse training in september.

How old is your baby now, OP?

I'm glad things are working out for you. Ignore all the immature, judgmental idiots on this thread! :smile:
Reply 85
Yes actual contracting was fine, it's like a seat belt tightening over your belly and it gradually gets more & more intense. I had whats deemed a good labour I had no pain relief the worst part was when her head crowned but it was fine.

I swear women overhype child birth tbh. if it was a man in labour he would probs sit there quietly reading a magazine. my gf screamed the place down I was getting so pissed off... little drama queen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
I swear women overhype child birth tbh. if it was a man in labour he would probs sit there quietly reading a magazine. my gf screamed the place down I was getting so pissed off... little drama queen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, it doesn't hurt at all. Women just like making a fuss for no reason :rolleyes:
Reply 87
Original post by I love shopping
Yep, it doesn't hurt at all. Women just like making a fuss for no reason :rolleyes:

never a truer word spoken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

When a man has squeezed a football through his nostril, women will listen to them.
Reply 89
Holy **** the questions are just firing away here, girl can't even talk haha

Anyway...

:erm:...let's see...I think all the good ques are taken lol
Reply 90
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you serious? :rolleyes: Your name says Ana which means you're a girl which means you must have not had a child before and are just talking ****. Or you're a guy and same thing :rolleyes:
Reply 91
Original post by ApeMob
Are you serious? :rolleyes: Your name says Ana which means you're a girl which means you must have not had a child before and are just talking ****. Or you're a guy and same thing :rolleyes:

Ana short for Anal

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're going to get a lot from the doom-and-gloom "you were too young to have a child" brigade on TSR to be honest. Just ignore the negativity - that's what I always do :wink:

Yeah I realise that was a statement rather than a question haha.

Okay a question. How old is your daughter now (sorry I realise that was already asked but I don't see an answer), and what did you do to celebrate her birthdays?

I'm running out of birthday ideas for my lil' monkeys haha.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You're going to get a lot from the doom-and-gloom "you were too young to have a child" brigade on TSR to be honest. Just ignore the negativity - that's what I always do :wink:.

Agreed. A lot of them have no idea what they're talking about.
Reply 94
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You're going to get a lot from the doom-and-gloom "you were too young to have a child" brigade on TSR to be honest. Just ignore the negativity - that's what I always do :wink:

Yeah I realise that was a statement rather than a question haha.

Okay a question. How old is your daughter now (sorry I realise that was already asked but I don't see an answer), and what did you do to celebrate her birthdays?

I'm running out of birthday ideas for my lil' monkeys haha.

She turned 1 on the 4th July we had a little party cause she won't remember more to celebrate me and my partner getting through the first year of parenthood hahaha she had a little cake that I made with Iggle piggle on it & her dad dressed as him she's obsessed with that little blue thing lol.
Reply 95
Original post by Ana81

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does hurt like **** but the sort of pain I can deal with like really really bad period cramps, it's more the length of time it takes that makes it unbearable like I was contracting for 48 hours so I was getting knackered & couldn't sleep, the worst part is crowning it hurt so badly but it's over in a minute or two
My parents had a child at age 20, and have been married for 33 years- doubtless longer in nominal, and in terms of percentage of one's life than the parents of the righteous trolls on here. Don't listen to the people who say you're too young. I know, on the other hand plenty of late 20's, early 30's who have had kids and separated from their biological fathers almost immediately. Age is not a qualification for parental preparedness.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by loloway
Would you ever consider posting g a picture of your baby on TSR? :smile:

10547643_10204336080825073_8774685525674478964_n.jpg10366237_10204037868889961_8644361758062638328_n.jpg10553511_10204335450009303_5754674245024419341_n.jpg
Reply 98
Original post by Alex347_
My parents had a child at age 20, and have been married for 33 years- doubtless longer in nominal, and in terms of percentage of one's life than the parents of the righteous trolls on here. Don't listen to the people who say you're too young. I know, on the other hand plenty of late 20's, early 30's who have had kids and separated from their biological fathers almost immediately. Age is not a qualification for parental preparedness.

Do you know the reason?
Reply 99
Because it doesn't matter if you have been together for 10 years before having a child, your relationship changes dramatically and some cannot handle it basically baby comes above everything hobbies, interests & sex me and my fiance have had some terrible fights since having our child but you just plough through it and accept the changes.

Quick Reply

Latest