The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sic semper erat
Interesting, thanks for telling me. You know what, what's important is getting rid of Hamas with minimum civilian casualties. At the end of the day who cares what the media says as long as the job is done

They do care, very much:rolleyes:
Israel's leader is a lying manipulate devil. They claim they don't target civilians but bomb parks, hospitals even UN schools!You people who support this should be ashamed of yourselves.
Original post by ct2k7
I suppose no one will fight for the hundreds of civilians who were killed then? Israel aren't concerned with anyone but themselves.

All i want is peace. If Hamas will not abolish their claim to 1967 borders then the fastest route to peace is their annihilation and the absorbing of Gaza into Israel.
All the Jews can do is cry anti-Semitism while they commit their wicked crimes against the gentile. This was the same during WW2 where they commit crimes then when people retaliate cry wolf and become the victim.
Original post by Sic semper erat
Interesting, thanks for telling me. You know what, what's important is getting rid of Hamas with minimum civilian casualties. At the end of the day who cares what the media says as long as the job is done

Yes, I mean Russia basically put an end to Grozny and no one still mentions that.

Israel is a bit different though. It's held to a bigoted double standard.
Original post by anarchism101
Which for the most part did not come until after the 1948 War.

Well, the state itself only came into being in 1948. Diplomatic relations don't happen overnight. However, it does not detract from the fact that Israel is a legitimate state, and even when it was pending recognition, its government was granted de facto recognition as an authority during the 1948 war by a number of countries including the US.
Reply 3406
At the core I support Israel because I understand the need for a Jewish state, I'm confident that their can be a peaceful outcome and I recognise the great things that Israel has to offer e.g. great stem cell advances, its domesticly very progressive and it is democratic. However I disagree with Benjamin Netanyahu's agenda because it clearly does not prioritise peace.
Stop bull****ting. You hate islam and thats why. You're not fooling anyone matey.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I'm Muslim I support Israel.
Original post by Shadoo
I'm Muslim I support Israel.

Bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

typical feudal logic.
6 UN schools targeted by the Jews, despite the UN repeatedly making the Jews aware of their position, in some cases more than 17 times. Can't see how anyone would support that. Even in Libya where there were densely packed areas, they would not be fired into even if there were loads of gaddafis fighters.
(edited 9 years ago)
#FreePalestine
Those who are ignorant to the justification of Israel's attacks have had the wool pulled over their eyes. It's quite a relief to be one of the minority to see both sides of an argument.
Original post by DeLite
You must have been living under a rock if you think that Syria and Iraq (Isis) and Nigeria (Boko Haram) didn't get a shedload of media attention. Where were the Western Muslim protests against these atrocities and the calls and petitions for UN intervention?

What we get instead are protests from pro-Isis Muslims calling for the death of Jews.

http://www.newsweek.com/pro-isis-demonstrators-call-death-jews-hague-262064

Even among Muslims there is disproportionate response depending on Sunni or Shia agendas. With the Syria crisis (before and after Isis), the sectarianism in the debate between Muslims outshone any genuine "outrage" over the value of human lives lost (not just Muslim or just Shia or just Sunni).

Did I say that the issues in Syria (I explicitly mentioned that Syria did in my post), Iraq and Nigeria didn't get media attention? As far as I know, I certainly was made aware of various petitions that called for intervention (amongst other things) in those regions during the time when media coverage on those topics had peaked. Especially with the situation last year in Syria there were numerous Muslim charities working very hard to send emergency aid. Muslims aren't selective about what atrocities they condemn, it's just popular for the anti-Muslim brigade on TSR to assume they are (without evidence might I add). The ISIS situation is definitely a difficult one to figure out (even for Muslims), but the majority of Muslims don't support violence against civilians regardless of whichever 'side' they appear to be on.
Original post by Shadoo
typical feudal logic.

Lol but it is. You can't possibly call yourself a Muslim if your Muslim brothers and sisters (who are innocent) are being massacred by the illegal state that you supposedly support. The Ummah (Muslim community) is like a body, if one part of the body hurts the whole body hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously a troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samia95
Lol but it is. You can't possibly call yourself a Muslim if your Muslim brothers and sisters (who are innocent) are being massacred by the illegal state that you supposedly support. The Ummah (Muslim community) is like a body, if one part of the body hurts the whole body hurts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it doesnt im not hurting right now where is the logic in that? Im feeling very healthy at the moment its ideologies like that that is fanning the violence combined with the archaic feudal systems of the arabs.
Original post by Bill_Gates
I think this guy sums it up pretty well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHC8KC5cLs8

P.S i do not approve the killing of civilians on either side.

Which side do you support and why logically? please let us know if you have read up on the history of the situation or not.

It's becoming increasingly clear, to me at least, that Israel is pursuing a strategy of collective punishment on Gaza coupled with a large PR campaign to try and shift blame for the results of their actions on Hama
For example, the demolition of the Shifa hospital. Israel maintains (with shakey evidence at best) that the hospital was the site of rocket and small-arms attacks by Hamas, however the demolition itself took place days after these alleged attacks were said to have taken place. This amounts to very clear punitive, not preventative, motives -- no Hamas fighters or rocket launchers were present in the hospital, let alone engaging IDF forces or launching attacks against Israel that would precipitate or justify use of such destructive force at that the time of the bombing.
Israel then went on to try and hijack the narrative as a PR tool against Hamas, declaring them solely to blame for the destruction of hospitals and the worsening conditions in Gaza.
This is not a defensive campaign about stopping attacks against Israel. This is a two-pronged offensive campaign to solidify Israeli domination of Palestine: The first phase is to make the lives of Palestinians in Gaza so unbearable, to so resolutely crush their will to resist and spread as much destruction and suffering as possible that they become open to the second phase: convincing them, and the world, that Hamas are the sole bearers of responsibility for their plight, and prompt them to get rid of Hamas themselves.
Original post by bertstare
shut the **** up

I agree. He needs to stfu.

Latest

Trending

Trending