The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samia95
Are you okay?? Too emotionally involved?? Your talking about genocide?? With a conflict of this scale you people are deluding yourselves in thinking people can emotionally detach themselves from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you read my post?
I said under such circumstances not getting emotional can be a difficult thing to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snagprophet
Hence why they sided with the Nazis.

You do realise there was no ottoman empire by world war II
Thus they could take no sides:rolleyes:
Original post by Bill_Gates
haha Jews have chosen their holy land and rightfully gained control of it. They have more authority to that land now than the Palestinians or anyone else.

The Palestinians only have themselves to blame, you cannot be sorry for someone elses mistakes, they should of accepted the two state agreements when they were offered with preferential land but they chose Jihad. :rolleyes:
Why would a country want to agree to have two separate states? you tw*t.
Reply 3583
What I don't get is why everybody cries about Palestinian casualties at the hands of Israel, when historically the majority of their casualties have been at the hands of each other/other Muslims, and that was perfectly ok.

Not sure why Arabs fail to admit they hate the Palestinians, when they mostly do.

Original post by thuglife123
Wikipedia, Seriously? I can talk BS on Wikipedia anyway. Palestine was Peaceful before the Zionists made "israel"

lolololol. Is that a joke?
Why would a country want to agree to have two separate states? you tw*t.

surprise surprise someone is getting angry :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm glad anger cannot do anything to a nation like Israel who is forward thinking and hard working.
Original post by Pinzgauer
There are no settlements in Gaza.

Israel removed all the settlements in 2005.

Does it? 453 British servicemen have died in Afghanistan. They have killed many more Afghans than that.

The British killed many more German civilians, than Germany killed British.

Completely false.

It's worth noting that other figures are lower than this.

That leaves around 900 men.

So do all armies in all conflicts. Very few conflicts don't involve a civilian population. Especially ones where the civilian population are used as human shields.

Sorry, the buffer zone is 44% roughly of Gaza. That's very significant and means Gaza is tiny:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/as-israel-enforces-its-buffer-zone-gaza-shrinks-by-40-per-cent.html

The civilian death toll is huge.

They are not used as human shields. It is densely populated and the purpose of the strikes is terrorism of the people. This is state terrorism.
Wikipedia, Seriously? I can talk BS on Wikipedia anyway. Palestine was Peaceful before the Zionists made "israel"

And with that one sentence you just lost all credibility.

Thank you, good night.

Wikipedia quotes different sources which are all listed (hence all the bracketed numbers, genius). It's not 'BS' as it is all sourced. If you decide to ignore proven facts, then that's your problem. Palestine may have been peaceful, but let me remind you again: it wasn't their land to begin with. The only reason they went there in the first place is because of some irrelevant importance to Islam. May I also remind you that the Palestinians chose ​to not keep it peaceful.
Original post by silent ninja
Sorry, the buffer zone is 44% roughly of Gaza. That's very significant and means Gaza is tiny:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/28/as-israel-enforces-its-buffer-zone-gaza-shrinks-by-40-per-cent.html

What the hell are you on about? this is an incursion hence the buffer. They'll be back out when this is over.

What a ridiculous argument.

The civilian death toll is huge.

They are not used as human shields. It is densely populated and the purpose of the strikes is terrorism of the people. This is state terrorism.

As it stands, the death toll is similar to Ukraine.

I'm done with you now.

All hyperbole, no substance. Bye.
I only see one problem in this and it is the Zionist Government and its brainwashed people who watch missiles killing children with their mates while having some popcorn.

joseph Goebbels would of been proud of you guys.

#save Gaza
#free Palestine
Why are there little to no bomb shelters in Gaza?

It seems very strange to me that Hamas have not built any shelters for their people. They know full well that Israel will return fire yet they don't protect themselves as best they can. Even a makeshift bomb shelter is better than nothing and it might actually reduce civilian casualties.

It can't be that they don't have building supplies, they have an entire city around them. They also have the work force, I'm sure the Palestinian people would want something to protect them other than firing rockets aimlessly.

Do Hamas actually care about the people in Gaza?
Original post by Pinzgauer
What the hell are you on about? this is an incursion hence the buffer. They'll be back out when this is over.

What a ridiculous argument.

As it stands, the death toll is similar to Ukraine.

I'm done with you now.

All hyperbole, no substance. Bye.

They'll be back out...so where are these civilians right now (if not dead)?? They're not densely populated then? Wasn't that your original point

You believe Israel will pull out. History shows otherwise: Israel's percentage of Palestine has only increased since 1948 and it stands at over 80% of the land today. This is a fact, but I expect you to somehow turn this around and make Israel the victim. How have they amassed so much land? Through ethnic cleansing, genocide, intimidation and state terrorism
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec

It seems very strange to me that Hamas have not built any shelters for their people. They know full well that Israel will return fire yet they don't protect themselves as best they can. Even a makeshift bomb shelter is better than nothing and it might actually reduce civilian casualties.

It can't be that they don't have building supplies, they have an entire city around them. They also have the work force, I'm sure the Palestinian people would want something to protect them other than firing rockets aimlessly.

LOL!!

Do you really have to ask that? they've built a whole city under Gaza made up of tunnel networks to kill Israelis. The tunnels are cement lined with sewage systems to allow for long stays.

Yet not a single bunker for the civilians.

The Hamas leadership have a bunker under a hospital in Gaza. No civilians allowed :biggrin:

They are the most despicable of low life imaginable and they use their dead civilians as their main weapon in the battle for public opinion.

And the useful idiots out marching against Israel, perpetuate this because it's exactly what Hamas is seeking.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
incorrect, again iran, and iraq were demarked with new borders and various muslims for example of persian descent migrated to a new made homeland in iran, and various shia muslims also settled in those countries whereas sunni muslims settled in saudi and other gulf states.

the britsh plan was to create various states for persians, shias, sunni arabs and the jews. it was an ambitious plan carving out what was once jsut simply a wide exapanse of an empire controlled from turkey, but they did it, in doing so giving nationality and freedom to all these peoplee. so the jews have a rigth to settle int heir 'homeland' too, set in a region where judaism has a recorded history.

I have no idea where you're getting this from. Iran already existed, it was not a 'new made homeland'. Iran and Iraq were not 'demarked with new borders' - Iran's border with the Ottomans continued unchanged under the Ottoman successor states.

As for Iraq, if anything its creation was the complete opposite of the ethnic/religious separation you claim - the 1920 Iraqi Revolt which led to the creation of Iraq as a distinct entity (first as a mandate, then an independent state) was a cross-community uprising from both Sunnis and Shias.
Original post by anarchism101
I have no idea where you're getting this from. Iran already existed, it was not a 'new made homeland'. Iran and Iraq were not 'demarked with new borders' - Iran's border with the Ottomans continued unchanged under the Ottoman successor states.

As for Iraq, if anything its creation was the complete opposite of the ethnic/religious separation you claim - the 1920 Iraqi Revolt which led to the creation of Iraq as a distinct entity (first as a mandate, then an independent state) was a cross-community uprising from both Sunnis and Shias.

accepted there was an 'iran' previously part of the region of persia but the borders were altered before and after till 1948 the british controlled the 'persian corridor'
and iraq was were given to the iraqs after the british had seen off the ottomans, and yes there may have been cross communtiy but im saying it became a shia heavy region due to migration of shias that werent persian

of course you realise too that the arab muslims were given a homeland in newly created saudi, housing their holy cities mecca and medina,

all these principles were also applied to the jews and israel andso should be upheld today in levant, their faiths original homeland
Original post by joe01223
I only see one problem in this and it is the Zionist Government and its brainwashed people who watch missiles killing children with their mates while having some popcorn.

joseph Goebbels would of been proud of you guys.

#save Gaza
#free Palestine

A great way to save Gaza would be to get rid of Hamas. A peaceful resolution of the conflict isn't going to happen so long as Gaza is controlled by uncompromising extremists, whose primary aim is to eradicate Israel and replace it with an Islamic state.
Original post by silent ninja

Hamas have NOTHING to do with religious extremism. Don't make me laugh. They are borne out of desperation of the oppressed Palestinian people. They are fighting for their homeland, not a religion. Israeli 'extremism' is rather evident if you want to go down that route. Claiming that it is their homeland, based on a fictional character called King David? In this secular world, how does that hold up? There is no such evidence of a person existing. In any case, the Palestinians (Muslims, Christians and Jews) have lived here far longer than the current Zionist regime. It is their homeland.

Your view of Hamas and the Palestinians is idealized. Hamas is a direct product of the Islamist movement which convulsed the arab world in the 1980s; while it's true that their primary aim is the liberation if Palestine, there are no grounds for saying that religious extremism isn't also a part of the overall identity of their organization.

The Jewish people are indigenous to Palestine, and, even taking into account the diaspora, Jews have inhabited it continuously for the past 3000 years. Stating that the Palestinian claim is stronger on the basis that they were there first is fallacious.
Original post by bertstare
And if Hamas obeyed all laws and put down all weapons, Israel would completely stop its colonisation of the West Bank? No more building of settlements and further suffocation of the populace? Yeah right

As if that'd even be a redeeming point at this stage anyway. They've already taken so much of the Palestinian peoples' land, and committed so many war crimes and acts of injustice against innocent civilians, that whatever they do now is practically meaningless and sure as hell doesn't absolve them of anything

That's a point you seem to be missing. You spend 60+ years oppressing people to the point where they have zero liberties, lose their homes, aid and supplies, and also are killed in their thousands. Throwing down your arms after all of that does not suddenly make you the righteous ones, neither does it entitle you to be the ones to call a ceasefire

At least I am willing to see fault in both sides. You, on the other hand, seem to be oblivious to any wrongdoing on the part of Hamas.

In fact, I'm not sure I've come across someone so blinkered on TSR before. Are you Muslim by any chance? I find your defence of Hamas somewhat bizarre.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec

Good question. I know Hamas has their own underground networks but why haven't the Palestinians planned ahead. Bomb shelters surely would be an obvious safety precaution for its people.
Israel bombs another UN school, and this time doesn't bother denying it. This is the second UN school to be bombed. Israel denied bombing the first UN school Israel bombed, but later conceded that it had fired an 'errant' shell into the 'empty playground'. The UN debunked that, saying that the playground was not empty and it was not only one shell that hit the playground and school but five in rapid succession.
The people Israel is trying to kill by shelling UN shelters are the very people Israel ordered out of their homes 'for their own safety'.

Latest

Trending

Trending