The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MASTER265
You have no evidence for your claims, how much evidence does it take to convince you that Hamas is not innocent in this.

There is a difference between thinking that Hamas are innocent and thinking that Hamas is a lot better than the IDF.
Original post by UniOfLife
Hmm. So no food is allowed in then? How come they haven't all died of starvation?

Whisper it...but could it be you were told lies about the situation in Gaza?

Here's a factoid for you to chew on. Life expectancy in Gaza is around 74 years. Life expectancy in Glasgow is 72 years.

Facts and figures could be altered. Yes food may be allowed in but a limited amount. What about medical supplies? please tell me about how Israel is denying Gaza of basic medical supplies?
Original post by miavdbt
It's not the IDF, it's HAMAS, And there was a statement by Hamas which I also posted.

You can also do your own research, you're not five. If you don't believe my RELIABLE articles, you can find your own which dispute what I said. Then, we can have a debate about those. Instead you're sitting here making a fool of yourself parroting the same Hamas propaganda everyone else does: IDF lies, Hamas is right.

Except even Hamas made that same statement, so you're in the wrong here.

Does this mean that Reuters stands alone in the world and refers to the Hamas militants as a "military"?
Original post by Bill_Gates
I was being a bit extreme i agree Israel is the less aggressive than both but targeting UN schools is not on. However evidence has been shown Hamas launching rockets right near to those schools and keeping weapons stored in those schools.

Repeating the lie that Israel wants genocide is more than just "a bit extreme". One of the reasons that this topic causes such vehemence is that far too many people have bought into the lie of Israel's "genocide" or "apartheid" and are therefore convinced that Israel is the worst country in the world. They are therefore unable to comprehend the fact that the world doesn't do anything about it. If they realised that there was nothing like a genocide or apartheid going on then they wouldn't be left so traumatised by the lack of action to stop those non-existent things from happening.
Original post by Toxic_Legends
You're justifying the death of civilians, mainly women and children. Please do explain what the reasons are.

If Hamas killed as many civilians in this ground invasion as Israel did.. I'm pretty sure the West would also invade them. I hate these double standards in which the West value Israeli blood more than Palestinian blood

Where have I justified the killing of children? Saying there are reasons for this does not mean I am justifying it. Its like calling all historians nazis for explaining why Hitler did what he did.

(Oh and saying women and children has nothing on me, since both are capable of being combatants and men are just as capable of being innocent. The word "civilian" is all encompassing and is better.)

The west has no intent to get involved, whether it is against Israel or Hamas, Assad or ISIS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
There is a difference between thinking that Hamas are innocent and thinking that Hamas is a lot better than the IDF.

"A lot better" LMFAO. They send rockets, they build tunnels, they train suicide bombers, hide weapons in schools and hospitals, and spread hate/extremism via their propaganda turning young people into radical Muslims. All the IDF is doing is bombing them in retaliation to the attacks, it's not Israel's fault that they have a good missile defence system, they are just prepared
Original post by Toxic_Legends
Facts and figures could be altered.

So basically you believe what you believe and any facts that ought to make you rethink your beliefs are ignored?

Why do you think the life expectancy in "the world's largest open air prison" where apparently no supplies are allowed in, could be higher than in one of the major cities of the UK?
Repeating the lie that Israel wants genocide is more than just "a bit extreme". One of the reasons that this topic causes such vehemence is that far too many people have bought into the lie of Israel's "genocide" or "apartheid" and are therefore convinced that Israel is the worst country in the world. They are therefore unable to comprehend the fact that the world doesn't do anything about it. If they realised that there was nothing like a genocide or apartheid going on then they wouldn't be left so traumatised by the lack of action to stop those non-existent things from happening.

I don't agree with it. But even as a reasonable human being, their offensive has been a little extreme in some cases. However media will always highlight these areas more than others, in proportion to the amount of rockets been fired at Israel i'd say its fair but nothing is seen as fair in war. Its whoever wins.

Hamas has not accepted the truce which Israel has offered on several occasions now, what Israel is doing is destroying the infrastructure so the people turn on Hamas and rightly so.
Original post by Bill_Gates
What would Hamas do with the extra funds flowing into its coffers? :rolleyes:

Two state agreement was offered in return for PEACE and recognition of Israel as a state, rejected both times. And 94% of the terms were met the second time.

Dude, sometimes I wonder if im talking to a robot, people have feeling and 1500ish people have died in Gaza in like 4 weeks.
Original post by MASTER265
"A lot better" LMFAO. They send rockets, they build tunnels, they train suicide bombers, hide weapons in schools and hospitals, and spread hate/extremism via their propaganda turning young people into radical Muslims. All the IDF is doing is bombing them in retaliation to the attacks, it's not Israel's fault that they have a good missile defence system, they are just prepared

It's interesting to note how poor the IDF is at distinguishing between civilian and military targets, despite how advanced their military is. Even Hamas has a better rate and they don't particularly frequently get to attack soldiers.
Civillian casualties caused by Israel are accidents they are not trying to kill them, of course this doesn't mean it is right.

People forget that if they really wanted to Israel could send their army or completely flatten Gaza pretty easily.
They could massacre all Palestinians if they wanted to, but they don't as they want peace.

Why everyone forget Hamas uses operating hospitals and schools and command centers and for storing rockets.
Hmm. So no food is allowed in then? How come they haven't all died of starvation?

Whisper it...but could it be you were told lies about the situation in Gaza?

Here's a factoid for you to chew on. Life expectancy in Gaza is around 74 years. Life expectancy in Glasgow is 72 years.

No food is not let in, when the UN does get in theirs schools are bombed.

Also they have limited food stockpile.

Listen mate with that factoid save you ****e for some one else, 1500 people died in like 4 weeks dont give me that bull****.
Original post by merrill
Where have I justified the killing of children? Saying there are reasons for this does not mean I am justifying it. Its like calling all historians nazis for explaining why Hitler did what he did.

"The only thing wrong is the targeting of civilian areas. However, there are reasons why they do this."

Original post by merrill

The west has no intent to get involved, whether it is against Israel or Hamas, Assad or ISIS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im trying to say if Hamas killed 1600+ civilians, The West would get involved. You must be a fool if you don't believe so. Anyways, Edward Snowden said ISIS leader was trained by Mossad :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jammy Duel
It's interesting to note how poor the IDF is at distinguishing between civilian and military targets, despite how advanced their military is. Even Hamas has a better rate and they don't particularly frequently get to attack soldiers.

Hamas hide within heavily populated areas so if Israel is going to target them it's impossible to miss civilians, are you really that stupid. They store rockets within schools and hospitals so when the IDF target these military targets there will undoubtedly be civilian casualties. The Palestinian people voted for Hamas so they will get what they deserve for electing a well known terrorist organisation,
The Times of Isreal didn't write this. It's a blog piece written by an independent author and he isn't condoning violence or genocide. The TOI removed the article and barred the author as soon as they realised.

Please do some actual research before jumping into the Gaza-Israel conflict argument. It is uneducated individuals who fight in the name of Gaza that actual do their own cause injustice.
Original post by Falcatas
There is no such place as Palestine, it is in the Gaza strip. They won't be any Palestine until Hamas agrees to peace which is very unlikely.
No Palestine, eh, geography is inclined to disagree.
Or, alternatively, if you're referring to the State of Palestine, I'm sorry, but the UN disagrees with you there.
Original post by broscience123
Sad thing is, even if they did carry out a genocide you would still get Zionist shills defending the action.

Committing genocide by .... agreeing to ceasefires? That's how I'd do it.
So basically you believe what you believe and any facts that ought to make you rethink your beliefs are ignored?

Why do you think the life expectancy in "the world's largest open air prison" where apparently no supplies are allowed in, could be higher than in one of the major cities of the UK?

Israel is its only border the people who want a genocide, do you really think they would let much else in apart from shells.
Original post by shahbaz
No food is not let in, when the UN does get in theirs schools are bombed.

Also they have limited food stockpile.

Listen mate with that factoid save you ****e for some one else, 1500 people died in like 4 weeks dont give me that bull****.

30 000 rockets fired at Israel. If they didn't have the iron dome, there would be far more dead Israeli civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, show me the link of the facts and figures. You still ignored my post about denying medical supplies.. because you know its true

Latest

Trending

Trending