The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahbaz
No food is not let in, when the UN does get in theirs schools are bombed.

Also they have limited food stockpile.

Listen mate with that factoid save you ****e for some one else, 1500 people died in like 4 weeks dont give me that bull****.

So no food for about 7 years but yet they haven't all died. That's some bloody miracle right there!

I can only apologise if reality does not accord with your worldview. I understand that that causes anger and confusion. Perhaps the best medicine is to rethink your worldview so that it is better aligned with what is actually happening. But if you don't want to do that then probably the second best thing to do is avoid encounters where people will point out the truth to you.
Original post by merrill
30 000 rockets fired at Israel. If they didn't have the iron dome, there would be far more dead Israeli civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL compared to one dead civilian/millitary personel who was in a combat zone. You know its wrong why are you argueing.
Original post by shahbaz
Dude, sometimes I wonder if im talking to a robot, people have feeling and 1500ish people have died in Gaza in like 4 weeks.

Hamas have launched thousands of rockets at innocent civilians in Israel, if landed and hit would of killed thousands. If the representative government of "Palestine" (Hamas) cared for its people it would agree to a truce? and rather than spending money on building tunnels and rockets provide food for its people.

Sometimes i think we have nothing but brainwashed **** on this planet trying to follow a moral code which was bankrupt 1000s of years ago? Its a war, winners and losers. You think Hamas in Israel's position will offer them any pity? or muslims in general? never.

Where is the outcry for non muslims in Iraq? being persecuted or even muslims against muslims. 5000 have died in Iraq so dont bring up the moral code of ethics on war when its warped.
Original post by MASTER265
Hamas hide within heavily populated areas so if Israel is going to target them it's impossible to miss civilians, are you really that stupid. They store rockets within schools and hospitals so when the IDF target these military targets there will undoubtedly be civilian casualties. The Palestinian people voted for Hamas so they will get what they deserve for electing a well known terrorist organisation,

Point out to me in Gaza where they can fire from that isn't built up, please. The only places I can really see are in the buffer zone which Israel kindly put in Gaza (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's illegal, not that the world seems to care) and almost as far away from Israel as they can be putting any target worth shooting at out of range. There are a couple of patches here and there, but would you store your weapons out in the open where anybody and everybody can see it?
What makes Israel so infallible?
Original post by Toxic_Legends
"The only thing wrong is the targeting of civilian areas. However, there are reasons why they do this."

Yes... that's not justifying why, I was saying they have their reasons for doing this. Usually because Hamas has military bases/ weapons cache within civilian areas.

Saying I am justifying Israel's unfortunate killing of children is like proposing I am justifying the blitz by commenting that the Nazis wanted to disable factories in urban areas. Completely absurd logic.

The west would not send in troops. Simple. There would be riots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by UniOfLife
Hmm. So no food is allowed in then? How come they haven't all died of starvation?

Whisper it...but could it be you were told lies about the situation in Gaza?

Here's a factoid for you to chew on. Life expectancy in Gaza is around 74 years. Life expectancy in Glasgow is 72 years.

To be fair, the Israelis had a bit of fun rummaging through food cargo ships looking for WMDs that didn't exist a while back, and then stopped food imports for a while to weaken the Palestinian morale a while back.

Tbh, I'm not convinced the real life expectancy of Gaza is ~74 yo, there's some number playing we're not aware of there.
Original post by shahbaz
Israel is its only border the people who want a genocide, do you really think they would let much else in apart from shells.

You should probably check a map at some point. Ever heard of a country called Egypt?

Okay, show me the link of the facts and figures. You still ignored my post about denying medical supplies.. because you know its true

sources: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html and http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/Wide-variation-in-life-expectancy-between-areas-in-Scotland-b89.aspx

Let's settle one point at a time please. How do you explain this fact given your claims about the blockade of Gaza?
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hamas have launched thousands of rockets at innocent civilians in Israel, if landed and hit would of killed thousands. If the representative government of "Palestine" (Hamas) cared for its people it would agree to a truce? and rather than spending money on building tunnels and rockets provide food for its people.

Sometimes i think we have nothing but brainwashed **** on this planet trying to follow a moral code which was bankrupt 1000s of years ago? Its a war, winners and losers. You think Hamas in Israel's position will offer them any pity? or muslims in general? never.

Where is the outcry for non muslims in Iraq? being persecuted or even muslims against muslims. 5000 have died in Iraq so dont bring up the moral code of ethics on war when its warped.

IF the missiles hit key word.

Iraq was an invasion not a seige.

Also about iraq we condoned because of lie we were told about WPOMD that never egsisted.
You should probably check a map at some point. Ever heard of a country called Egypt?

sources: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2102rank.html and http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/Wide-variation-in-life-expectancy-between-areas-in-Scotland-b89.aspx

Let's settle one point at a time please. How do you explain this fact given your claims about the blockade of Gaza?

All you need to know is Israel has been given money from the USA for Iron dome so we attack Gaza killing thousands you know it is heavy handed and wreckless from the more powerful and should be more responsible side.
Original post by shahbaz
IF the missiles hit key word.

Iraq was an invasion not a seige.

Also about iraq we condoned because of lie we were told about WPOMD that never egsisted.

You're sitting in the UK right? if Russia fired missiles at the UK and the UK's anti missile defence system intercepted them you would be fine with that and expect the UK not to do anything? How brainwashed are you by this backward ideology?

I'm talking about the actions of ISIS and the thousands of people they are killing, muslim and non muslim. Churches they are burning down.

Im trying to say if Hamas killed 1600+ civilians, The West would get involved. You must be a fool if you don't believe so. Anyways, Edward Snowden said ISIS leader was trained by Mossad :/

& the early Taliban was supplied and trained by the CIA....

What's your point? There is no stomach for war, it would lose them the election.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miavdbt
What's your point here? Israel has stated it has been targeting military targets. If those military targets were in the middle of an empty field as opposed to in a hospital, I think we can both agree that the civilian death toll will be lowered. Stop trying to divert from the main point of the question, which was whether you would rather have your crops destroyed or your people killed.

So there will still be civilian casualties?

​Really? Who acknowledged it?

A lot of people, especially those on the ground.
Well, that's ridiculous. Humanitarian aid comes from many sources, not just Israel.

Does Israel control one half of the border? Are Egypt dancing to Israel's tune?

You can send 30 million tons of food. It'll all rot if Israel, or Egypt, does not allow it through.

They should act like a government, since they've stated they are. This is not to do with their relations with Israel, this is to do with them protecting their people from their 'enemies'.

If they truly care about their civilians semantics like government, non-government, state, entity would not be important. What would be important is protecting their civilians from danger by not creating military targets where they could be avoided.
You want to hold HAMAS accountable like a government of a state but yet you refuse to recognise it and deal with them.

Not the first time double standards have been employed.

Oh, and they wouldn't be shot if they tried to kidnap an Israeli or bomb themselves in the middle of the street? Seems like they're willing to die anyway, why not die trying to provide humanitarian aid for your people instead of terrorizing another nation which will inevitably retaliate and kill your people in the process since you didn't account for that fact.

If they are going to be killed either way, isn't it better that you get something major as a bargaining chip then just throwing your own life away on the cheap?

Shelters are underground. Tunnels are underground. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing is what my whole point was.

The only tangible link you've drawn is that they are "underground". I think that was pretty self-explanatory.

There is a reason why we call a shelter a shelter and a tunnel a tunnel. If you are confused, one is for "permanence" and one is simply to "move through". I'll let you decide which is which...

There would be far fewer civilian casualties.

Could you give us a number?

I haven't been to Gaza, no. I wasn't aware that ordinary people were allowed to enter Gaza, though this could be wrong. I will be visiting Israel for the first time before the year is over, however. I have friends studying at Tel Aviv University. Have you been to Gaza/ Israel?

Then I urge you to pay a visit.
Original post by shahbaz
LOL compared to one dead civilian/millitary personel who was in a combat zone. You know its wrong why are you argueing.

No Im saying that Hamas has the potential to cause more death than the IDF.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bill_Gates
You're sitting in the UK right? if Russia fired missiles at the UK and the UK's anti missile defence system intercepted them you would be fine with that and expect the UK not to do anything? How brainwashed are you by this backward ideology?

I'm talking about the actions of ISIS and the thousands of people they are killing, muslim and non muslim. Churches they are burning down.

Should we attack them and start a nuclear war. But this was started when Gaza was blockaded (under seige) and thousands of Palestinans were arrested and are held without charge after the death of three jewish teens who Hamas never even killed. It is very much one sided if we ever did this to russia we would be wiped off the map.
Original post by ArrheniusZwei
To be fair, the Israelis had a bit of fun rummaging through food cargo ships looking for WMDs that didn't exist a while back, and then stopped food imports for a while to weaken the Palestinian morale a while back.

Tbh, I'm not convinced the real life expectancy of Gaza is ~74 yo, there's some number playing we're not aware of there.

Here are statistics from the Palestinian Authority:http://www.pcbs.gov.ps/Portals/_Rainbow/Documents/Pop%20Projections_main%20ind_e.htm
Original post by MASTER265
At least 2 were linked to jihadist groups so I don't know why they were there. 3 were Shia and the rest are not real Muslims who live in western society and follow nothing in the Qur'an or shariah law

Some have proclaimed themselves to be Zionists. Regardless of whether you recognise them as such, they believe themselves to be Zionists.

Your pathetic "challenge" was debunked within minutes. Your bubble (that you were the only Sunni pro-Zionist) has been burst...
Hmm. So no food is allowed in then? How come they haven't all died of starvation?

Whisper it...but could it be you were told lies about the situation in Gaza?

Here's a factoid for you to chew on. Life expectancy in Gaza is around 74 years. Life expectancy in Glasgow is 72 years.

Do those statistics factor in the blockade of the Gaza strip?

Maybe Gaza has a higher life expectancy because the CIA 'massage' the figures (not include civilian deaths) after all Hitler did the same thing. Anyways, please do answer my question about the limited medical supplies
So basically you believe what you believe and any facts that ought to make you rethink your beliefs are ignored?

Why do you think the life expectancy in "the world's largest open air prison" where apparently no supplies are allowed in, could be higher than in one of the major cities of the UK?

I found a term for someone who fits the exact description of the person you described in the first line, its called a cognitive dissonant.

Its true, you never really here of a crisis in gaza where the people are starving, place looks pretty normal when it hasnt got crazy people attacking the big boy next door..
Original post by merrill
No Im saying that Hamas has the potential to cause more death than the IDF.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg Hamas does periodicly NOT have the potential to cause more deaths then the IDF.
The fire power on the IDF side in unreal its like a mini America.

Latest

Trending

Trending