The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MASTER265
There are various areas of agriculture in the region and Hamas has designated zones where they could easily station their rockets however they chose to harbour them in schools, UN hospitals and very densely populated areas.

I must say the support people like you give to Hamas begs the question- who's side are you really on in the fight against terrorism? I can't help but think you would aide them

Where did I once state that I support Hamas?

I'm not on any "side". That's childish playground nonsense. Clearly, you've picked yours. "Fight against terrorism" is a meaningless statement, given that you can't fight against a tactic.

"They chose to harbour them in schools, UN hospitals and very densely populated areas". Can you support this assertion with a credible peer-reviewed academic source?

An overwhelming amount of evidence illuminates who the aggressor is in this conflict.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by merrill
Not liberal as I'd like it to be, but more liberal than many of its neighbours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean you could say its on par with Iran.
Reply 4662
Original post by shahbaz

You can be gay in Israel without being put to death.
Original post by Clip
You can be gay in Israel without being put to death.

But you are forced to join the IDF and kill civillians. So i say its on par.
Original post by CJKay
What, exactly, does this have to do with Islam other than the fact that Hamas are using it to justify attacking Israel? Israel dislike Arabs as a whole, seemingly no matter their religion.

Oh Yes, Mohammed never had any conquests for land and power

LOL The hypocrisy of these Muslims is too much.
Original post by tsr1269
I'm not denying that.

All I'm asking, because you posted that figure 30,000 rockets, is where is the data for the rockets/shells fired by Israel?

Why don't they publicize that figure? In fact, if you wanted to be a neutral (are you a neutral?), then you would post both figures - the rockets fired by Israel and Palestinians, shouldn't you?

Irrelevant to the discussion but good on you.

I am neutral, I said I don't have the figures. Down to a mixture of laziness and probability of them not being published till after the conflict is over. Its worth noting that 30 000 missiles were fired BEFORE the most recent outbreak of conflict, not during. So actually, I don't have figures for either side on the ammunition expenditure of the current conflict. But they will be published at some point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Suetonius

An overwhelming amount of evidence illuminates who the aggressor is in this conflict.

Indeed.

Israel withdraws from Gaza.

Hamas respond with rockets.
Original post by shahbaz
But you are forced to join the IDF and kill civillians. So i say its on par.

No. No IDF soldier is forced to kill a civilian. They do so under their own will, or by accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJKay
What, exactly, does this have to do with Islam other than the fact that Hamas are using it to justify attacking Israel? Israel dislike Arabs as a whole, seemingly no matter their religion.

the conflict is caused by zionists, islam is a zionists worst enemy,.thats another issue in itself. Israel took land that didnt belong to them and claimed it as their own, hamas is just a bullcrap excuse to enable this whole conflict to continue. 'seemingly' trust me nothing is ever as it seems, espesh with media which controls the information you have access to. The israeli zionists have a hatred for muslims, most of the arab population is muslim, the few that arent wont matter to them, they are 'colatteral damage'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UniOfLife
Not really. About 1,500 people have died in Gaza out of 1.5 million. From a statistical point of view that is negligible.

Carry on for a little longer and it will become the norm. Nearly half of Gaza's population is under 14.

The point of the statistic (and the one about infant mortality rates) is that people seem to think of Gaza as an "open prison" where no food is getting in and no medicines. This would leave people starving and dying in the streets en masse. The reality is not like that at all.

Is it not? Do prisoners not get food and medicine reluctantly?
Original post by Pinzgauer
Indeed.

Israel withdraws from Gaza.

Hamas respond with rockets.

When did Israel "withdraw from Gaza"? They clearly haven't!
Original post by shahbaz

No, better than Iran. Still not at an acceptable level, but neither do I claim that we and the USA (especially the USA) are perfect liberals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by merrill
No. No IDF soldier is forced to kill a civilian. They do so under their own will, or by accident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay fair enough, but the former does not engage in any wars even when threatened with sanctions ect.
When did Israel "withdraw from Gaza"? They clearly haven't!

2005. Try and keep up.
Reply 4674
Original post by shahbaz
Dude, they are much worse off in Gaza you know how many people died in their homes?

Do you think Hamas can do anything is wants it is the under dog here and what if I told you hamas would agree to a cease fire if the blockade on Gaza was lifted.

Right now it sucks to be in Gaza. No argument there. But are they really trying to kill people? Look at the destruction wrought on Syria when that went down recently - just opened up without any regard whatsoever as who was there, and the number of people killed was a hundred times what it is in Gaza. And where were all the trouble-makers then? All trying to somehow blame the "West" rather than just be realistic - that people are getting killed when there's conflict, and it's not "worse" when it's Israel doing it.

And when there is no war, the laws of the PA notwithstanding, you're so much better off in Gaza than Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi, Iraq or Iran.
Original post by merrill
I am neutral, I said I don't have the figures. Down to a mixture of laziness and probability of them not being published till after the conflict is over. Its worth noting that 30 000 missiles were fired BEFORE the most recent outbreak of conflict, not during. So actually, I don't have figures for either side on the ammunition expenditure of the current conflict. But they will be published at some point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's try this another way:

How many shells/missiles were fired by Israel on Gaza prior to the start of this conflict? (You have said that they publish after the conflict so I'm asking you for the last updated figures)...

Oh, and judging by what I have seen in the Israel/Palestine megathread, you are most definitely not as you claim, "a neutral"...
Original post by Pinzgauer
2005. Try and keep up.

That wasn't a withdrawal. It was a redeployment of the IDF to Gaza's borders.
That wasn't a withdrawal. It was a redeployment of the IDF to Gaza's borders.

Ah, I see - you're a troll.

Goodbye.
Original post by tsr1269
Let's try this another way:

How many shells/missiles were fired by Israel on Gaza prior to the start of this conflict? (You have said that they publish after the conflict so I'm asking you for the last updated figures)...

Oh, and judging by what I have seen in the Israel/Palestine megathread, you are most definitely not as you claim, "a neutral"...

No idea, if you could quote me the figures I would be grateful because I don't actually know. They will be there, but probably hidden somewhere (proganda purposes obviously). An educated guess would be that Israel fires more artillery shells and bullets (certainly more bullets) whilst Hamas fires more mortar rounds and rockets.

And im more pro Israel, than pro Hamas, but this has been explained. Im certainly not pro killing civilians or anti Palestine.

This does not mean I wont be critical of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sic semper erat
If you're referring to the Sabra and Shatilla massacre, its Christian Lebanese militias who did that, as revenge for the killing of PM Gamayel. Sharon had nothing to do with that, and its hypocritical that people still blame him for a case of Christians killing Muslims.

Let's not forget that the palestinain scum invaded Lebanon and slaughtered Christians there. They sparked off the civil war which killed 100,000+

Scum.

Latest

Trending

Trending