The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snagprophet
Do you have an actual point?

That next time she come into a discussion armed with logic and morality, not 'I'm a descendant of a holocaust survivor therefore I am offended'.
Reply 4841
How is this a concentration camp? It's border control.

:rolleyes:

noun
noun: concentration camp; plural noun: concentration camps

a place in which large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labour or to await mass execution.
Original post by leahmshaya
It seems some people have misunderstood me. I did not mean to 'use' the Holocaust as a 'justification' for anything. I simply thought that the term concentration camp had been inappropriately used on this occasion and was a subversion of what Feiglin actually meant. Not that I agree with what he did mean. So I think you should all chill a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro, seems like you are quite inexperienced at hasbara. You are meant to agree with everything that Zionists say and do. No matter how stupid or offensive they are, and no matter who or how many people are killed. Zionists are always right, and they need to be defended on the Interweb.
UK's arms export licenses, worth $13 billion, is under review.
Original post by Micah Richards
That next time she come into a discussion armed with logic and morality, not 'I'm a descendant of a holocaust survivor therefore I am offended'.

She did though, she said she saw no evidence what the article claimed being linked to the facebook comments.

So where is this happening in Israel?

There was absolutely no mention of inadequate facilities or forced labour or mass execution. It is all a case of over dramatising a pretty standard (nevertheless unpleasant) piece of right wing rhetoric which will never actually happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4846
So where is this happening in Israel?

Seriously? Try following the thread.
Firstly I'm not a survivor I am the descendant of one. And I don't see why it's disgraceful to explain why I feel a certain way about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's an appeal to emotion and not founded in logic and reason. The fact that you are descended from a person who was in a concentration camp doesn't have any bearing on this issue we are discussing and bringing it up is a cheap shot at best.
Original post by tsr1269

Israel should review licences to the UK for their crimes in Iraq & Afghanistan.
Reply 4849
There was absolutely no mention of inadequate facilities

They would be living in tents for a start.

or forced labour or mass execution.

a place in which large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labour or to await mass execution.

I believe he was also calling for the mass execution of any that refused to be imprisoned in these camps
(edited 9 years ago)
She did though, she said she saw no evidence what the article claimed being linked to the facebook comments.

And then went on to play the 'offended' card.

So I told her what she did wrong.

This is a discussion, not a 'be sympathetic to me because of my bloodline' exchange.
Original post by tsr1269
And therein has lay the problem of this conflict...

Do I also take that as admittance the solution you put forth was not "simple" and basically unpractical?
palestinians increasing rocket fire during Israel's ceasefire.
Original post by B2 Spirit
Israel should review licences to the UK for their crimes in Iraq & Afghanistan.

I don't disagree...
Original post by tsr1269

Lol the day the UK sacrifices money for civilians is the day pigs fly, we are even valuing our interests more when it comes to the sanctions against Russia.
Original post by MASTER265
Do I also take that as admittance the solution you put forth was not "simple" and basically unpractical?

As practical as it was putting Israel into Arabia...
Original post by B2 Spirit
palestinians increasing rocket fire during Israel's ceasefire.

There is no need for the Palestinians to observe the unilateral ceasefire...
Original post by MASTER265
Lol the day the UK sacrifices money for civilians is the day pigs fly, we are even valuing our interests more when it comes to the sanctions against Russia.

As I have said, it is under review...
Okay, again the fact is that this language is particularly concerning to me because of my personal connection to the event that they are talking about. I'm not asking anyone to sympathise with me nor do I feel personally offended. I would guess and hope that the inflammatory nature of the mail's headline would also be of concern to others who can read a Facebook post and see the disparity, with or without a personal connection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sic semper erat
islamonazis are firing shots in Mount Scopus

Yes. An IDF soldier has been shot. He is currently undergoing surgery. Prognosis seems good...

Latest

Trending

Trending