The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4860
Original post by leahmshaya
Okay, again the fact is that this language is particularly concerning to me because of my personal connection to the event that they are talking about. I'm not asking anyone to sympathise with me nor do I feel personally offended. I would guess and hope that the inflammatory nature of the mail's headline would also be of concern to others who can read a Facebook post and see the disparity, with or without a personal connection.

What disparity?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tsr1269
There is no need for the Palestinians to observe the unilateral ceasefire...

No need of course, but it shows that they don't have any interest in ending the conflict.

Israel should hit them harder.
As explained in my previous comment. I've said all I want to say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who has the balls to declare war on Israel?

Btw, declaring war on Israel doesn't mean declaring war on Jews.

I denounce religion for this very reason. Islam was derived from Judaisms interpretation of the Old Testament. Christianity is a sect branching off from Judaism.

All derived from the same place yet instead of unity, religion brings division. All religions have subdivisions.

P.S The majority of Jews in Israel are European Jews, not Middle Eastern Jews. Values are different.

Peace, love and unity or just get some nukes and target it at ourselves so all the suffering in the world will stop.
Original post by B2 Spirit
No need of course, but it shows that they don't have any interest in ending the conflict.

Oh please, if Israel wanted to "end the conflict", they wouldn't have invaded.

Israel should hit them harder.

Yes. A bit like throwing your head against a brick wall. The only casualty would be Israeli brain cells...
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could put what is happening in Gaza in simplistic terms.

My dad described it as basically the Israeli (who I had to then confirm were the Jews) are fighting Palestinians (The arabs) who are in a terrorist group. He said that the Israelis are trying to find and clear out the tunnels the terrorist group uses and to basically get rid of them.

BUT, I know that Israelis and Palestinians have never got on because of religious matters and I was also wondering why people mention the holocaust. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5zgXeCynQ
a lady mentions the holocaust and it causes a lot of drama and i'm not too sure as to why? Is she comparing what is happening in the east to the holocaust? If someone could clarify, that would be great.

A final question, is who is morally right and who is morally wrong in this conflict? Or is that a question which is far too complicated to answer in simplistic terms?
Original post by Sic semper erat
I was there only last April, typical of islamonazi trash to create instability in such short period of time

I agree. The Nazi's are responsible for this...
Original post by tsr1269
As practical as it was putting Israel into Arabia...

Did you not read anything in that link I posted lol?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#British_Mandate_of_Palestine_.281920.E2.80.931948.29
There was a British mandate between 1920-1948 of Palestine and the now Israel. This is in affect British rule, we invested Into the area for our own colonial greed but established a governmental power in conjunction with our own.

So please read my previous post where I said there was a transfer of powers so really all we did was hand the key to other political heads- not hard is it.

This is completely different from establishing a new nation in an existing one. It is completely different and in today's modern world with advanced communications, security and business it is not a task that can be compared with that from back in the day as it were.

Seriously where do you get your information from. I have spent many hours of my days learning about Israel's history as I personally find it interesting. Do you know anything about political history and politics/economics as a whole?
I Would like to know aswell don't listen to bbc or sky they are a complete joke
Reply 4869
Original post by leahmshaya
As explained in my previous comment.

Which i'm afraid was nonsense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay I've just searched 'Moshe Feiglin concentration camps' into Google and the only thing that comes up is this Daily Mail story as well as several copycat versions of it. No other reliable news sources are reporting this, why? Surely it would be massive news for almost all readers.
Original post by MASTER265
Did you not read anything in that link I posted lol?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#British_Mandate_of_Palestine_.281920.E2.80.931948.29
There was a British mandate between 1920-1948 of Palestine and the now Israel. This is in affect British rule, we invested Into the area for our own colonial greed but established a governmental power in conjunction with our own.

So please read my previous post where I said there was a transfer of powers so really all we did was hand the key to other political heads- not hard is it.

This is completely different from establishing a new nation in an existing one. It is completely different and in today's modern world with advanced communications, security and business it is not a task that can be compared with that from back in the day as it were.

Seriously where do you get your information from. I have spent many hours of my days learning about Israel's history as I personally find it interesting. Do you know anything about political history and politics/economics as a whole?

The British offered Uganda (or was it Madagascar?) to those who were being persecuted by the Nazi's (i.e: mainly Jews). The Zionists insisted on Israel and they achieved it through mass illegal immigration and terrorism.
Israel is defending itself against terrorists
Original post by MichaelYEAH
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could put what is happening in Gaza in simplistic terms.

My dad described it as basically the Israeli (who I had to then confirm were the Jews) are fighting Palestinians (The arabs) who are in a terrorist group. He said that the Israelis are trying to find and clear out the tunnels the terrorist group uses and to basically get rid of them.

BUT, I know that Israelis and Palestinians have never got on because of religious matters and I was also wondering why people mention the holocaust. In this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O5zgXeCynQ
a lady mentions the holocaust and it causes a lot of drama and i'm not too sure as to why? Is she comparing what is happening in the east to the holocaust? If someone could clarify, that would be great.

A final question, is who is morally right and who is morally wrong in this conflict? Or is that a question which is far too complicated to answer in simplistic terms?

Watch this short non-biased video from Jewish Voice For Peace for a quick introduction to the conflict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58njT2oXfE

In a nutshell for this current round of fighting what happened was:

About 8 Palestinians were killed by Israel this year before the fighting (e.g. http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/may/20/cctv-footage-palestinian-teenagers-shot-dead-video) but they are Palestinians so the world doesnt care.

3 Israeli teenagers got kidnapped. Israel accused Hamas (This was later proven to be false)

Israel retaliated by kidnapping 600 Palestinians, killing 6 of them, then bombing Palestinian targets.

This got Hamas angry, so they responded with rocket attacks

Israel proceeded to kill 1800+ Palestinians and counting.

Also a sub story: Israel claimed a British IDF soldier got kidnapped recently, so they killed a few hundred more Palestinians. This claim was later proven to be false and it turned out the IDF soldier got killed by Israeli Shelling.

Zionists tend to think the current conflict starts with rockets. Which it doesnt.
They also forget to mention that they have been stealing land off the Palestinians and oppressing them for the past 60 years.
The tunnels are just a side story to commit massacres. E.g. Egypt recently destroyed 1370 tunnels but they didn't need to kill over 1000+ civillians to accomplish this. http://www.timesofisrael.com/egypt-destroys-1370-gaza-smuggling-tunnels/

Also this thread will probably get merged into the main sticky, so watch out because it is filled with Zionists who twist the truth.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

From what I can understand from news broadcasts such as RT news is that the Israeli radicalism are basically performing genocide against the Palestinians.

The prime minister of Israel when asked why he was attacking Palestinians he replied because he was removing the threat of terrorism. However when the interviewer asked how a new born baby only hours old or the young toddlers and their mothers are "terriorists" he relied in all seriousness that they were "vermin" that needed to be eradicated from the world.

Although many of the politicians are all for this war, when many civilians or upper class Israelis were asked how they felt about it - their reply basically stated they were ashamed with what their government were doing and wanted it to end.

Like all civil disturbances along these lines it is only a handful of radicals who are attempting to cause such destruction.

I hope this helps with your queries.
It's all quite complicated but essentially - Isreal took land from the Palestinians as they believed they had divine right to that land for religious purposes. Palestine is obviously pretty pissed about this and the way they are/were treated.

The Gaza strip is a hotbed for this conflict - surrounded by Isreal, inhabited by Palestinians. Isreal wants it, Palestine wants it. Isreal bombs the **** out of it, Palestine strikes back with whatever they can, which isn't much and Isreal (and it's allies) call it terrorism.

Loads of Palestinians die, not many Isrealis die.

That's my take on it all. I may be wrong in areas but calling Hamas terrorists is a bit stupid as they are fighting back with whatever they can against a country which has NUKES ffs.
Original post by tsr1269
The British offered Uganda (or was it Madagascar?) to those who were being persecuted by the Nazi's (i.e: mainly Jews). The Zionists insisted on Israel and they achieved it through mass illegal immigration and terrorism.

Do not change the topic of conversation. I told you how establishing a nation within existing one was near impossible and impractical. You reply with a response as if the birth of modern day Israel is living proof it is possible when that is no where near the case. Any academic studying political history, political sciences, economics, geography...so on can tell you that. Do you agree that you were wrong in saying it was easy? Answer this because I am curious whether or not you have any education in this field.
Original post by tsr1269
Oh please, if Israel wanted to "end the conflict", they wouldn't have invaded.

If palestinians were suffering so much, don't you think they would ceasefire when Israel has?

Why would they be wanting to provoke retaliation?

Could it be they're the instigators?
Original post by nevertoo
Israel is defending itself against terrorists

I think you need to watch this thread as you've clearly been living under a rock for the past few months :rolleyes:
Original post by Secretnerd123
I think you need to watch this thread as you've clearly been living under a rock for the past few months :rolleyes:

so you support terrorism?

Latest

Trending

Trending