The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CJKay
I'm an atheist lol.

Ignore him he is a member of the jidf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering israeli troops have pulled out and the tunnel network is destroyed I see an end to the conflict on the horizon, so we can all now just forgive and forget
Original post by MASTER265
Considering israeli troops have pulled out and the tunnel network is destroyed I see an end to the conflict on the horizon, so we can all now just forgive and forget

"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army." - David Ben-Gurion, the man who practically founded Israel.

This is what Israel was built on: on the hope that the Arabs, and indeed the whole world, will forgive and forget that horrible things ever happened to them. Now that things are not going according to plan, Israel thinks Israel can commit outright crimes and get away with it. Israel has killed over a thousand people in the past month (and it was no ordinary month but the holiest month in Islam, Ramadan) and injured tens of thousands and displaced hundreds of thousands. You're campaigning for criminals to get away with their crimes. In all probability, in spite of the outcry, they will. In two years, they will probably launch a similar campaign built on blatant lies, and kill and injure and displace hundreds of thousands of people, and all of that will be a matter of course.

'We can all forgive and forget', as if YOU have anything to forgive and forget, as if any of YOUR loved ones were killed, as if any of YOUR body parts are missing, as if YOUR house has been reduced to rubble.
Original post by well in the dark
"Why should the Arabs make peace? If I were an Arab leader I would never make terms with Israel. That is natural: we have taken their country. Sure, God promised it to us, but what does that matter to them? Our God is not theirs. We come from Israel, it's true, but two thousand years ago, and what is that to them? There has been anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They only see one thing: we have come here and stolen their country. Why should they accept that? They may perhaps forget in one or two generations' time, but for the moment there is no chance. So it's simple: we have to stay strong and maintain a powerful army." - David Ben-Gurion, the man who practically founded Israel.

This is what Israel was built on: on the hope that the Arabs, and indeed the whole world, will forgive and forget that horrible things ever happened to them. Now that things are not going according to plan, Israel thinks Israel can commit outright crimes and get away with it. Israel has killed over a thousand people in the past month (and it was no ordinary month but the holiest month in Islam, Ramadan) and injured tens of thousands and displaced hundreds of thousands. You're campaigning for criminals to get away with their crimes. In all probability, in spite of the outcry, they will. In two years, they will probably launch a similar campaign built on blatant lies, and kill and injure and displace hundreds of thousands of people, and all of that will be a matter of course.

'We can all forgive and forget', as if YOU have anything to forgive and forget, as if any of YOUR loved ones were killed, as if any of YOUR body parts are missing, as if YOUR house has been reduced to rubble.

More Muslims have died at the hand of other Muslims. Of course the Arabs can not make peace with Israel especially while they continue to fight each other sunni vs Shia Arab vs Kurd you name it. The whole place it the pits and Israel's work is the will of God

And how many times has a similar thing happened in the past? Has it ever worked? Is it really any different this time?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same ****ing thing... over and over again expecting... **** to change... That. Is. Crazy. The first time somebody told me that, I dunno, I thought they were bull****ting me, so, I shot him. The thing is... He was right. And then I started seeing, everywhere I looked, everywhere I looked all these ****ing pricks, everywhere I looked, doing the exact same ****ing thing... over and over and over and over again thinking 'this time is gonna be different' no, no, no please... This time is gonna be different, I'm sorry, I don't like... The way...
(edited 9 years ago)
More Muslims have died at the hand of other Muslims. Of course the Arabs can not make peace with Israel especially while they continue to fight each other sunni vs Shia Arab vs Kurd you name it. The whole place it the pits and Israel's work is the will of God

lol you're Kurdish so it's natural you hate Arabs, but one would have thought you would have retained humanity enough not to advocate for the forgiveness or blatant murderers.
'Israel's work is the will of God' hopefully so will Israel's demise be the will of God
Original post by Jammy Duel
And how many times has a similar thing happened in the past? Has it ever worked? Is it really any different this time?

I mean forgive and forget this recent conflict until the next one. At the moment we have more important things to worry about like the Ukraine crisis, Syria, ISIS and recently Libya
lol you're Kurdish so it's natural you hate Arabs, but one would have thought you would have retained humanity enough not to advocate for the forgiveness or blatant murderers.
'Israel's work is the will of God' hopefully so will Israel's demise be the will of God

The Kurds and Arabs they are the same. The fact is the Middle East is a complete **** hole and tbh I'm not surprised by anything that happens there
I would have to search god knows how many pages to prove a point everyone opposed to you already knows.

I suggest in future, you do not make stupid, uncorroborated and unsubstantiated comments if you do not want to do the legwork...

A UN facility comes under fire and you always assume Israel with no evidence. So when I assume a Hamas militant shoots an IDF soldier you can not blame me for that assumption.

HAMAS's presence in the WB and in and around the Mount Scopus area is scant at best.

I would have had no problem had you stated "Palestinian" as opposed to HAMAS but no, you want to tar everyone with the same brush and hope no one picks it up...
I mean forgive and forget this recent conflict until the next one. At the moment we have more important things to worry about like the Ukraine crisis, Syria, ISIS and recently Libya

out of those the only thing that is really any more or less important from a European perspective is Ukraine, and that's barely more important. Maybe ISIS a decade down the line
Original post by tsr1269
I suggest in future, you do not make stupid, uncorroborated and unsubstantiated comments if you do not want to do the legwork...

HAMAS's presence in the WB and in and around the Mount Scopus area is scant at best.

I would have had no problem had you stated "Palestinian" as opposed to HAMAS but no, you want to tar everyone with the same brush and hope no one picks it up...

Look at the election results in Palestine and tell me the majority are not HAMAS supporters
out of those the only thing that is really any more or less important from a European perspective is Ukraine, and that's barely more important. Maybe ISIS a decade down the line

ISIS, Syria and the Russian conflict present a greater threat to global security than Israel ever will. What threat does Israel pose to us? Nothing that is

like I said, YOU have nothing to forget or forgive.
If you don't like reading about Palestine and the horrible things happening there, simply don't read about it any more.
'we have more important things' as if your personal estimation of importance of events is even remotely significant in the real world.
ISIS, Syria and the Russian conflict present a greater threat to global security than Israel ever will. What threat does Israel pose to us? Nothing that is

What threat do ISIS Syria and Ukraine conflicts reasonably pose? The only one I can see potentially posing any real risk is ISIS, and it's unclear whether it actually will or not, and if it does it will be a long way down the line.
Look at the election results in Palestine and tell me the majority are not HAMAS supporters

Election results are not indicative of "majority support".
like I said, YOU have nothing to forget or forgive.
If you don't like reading about Palestine and the horrible things happening there, simply don't read about it any more.
'we have more important things' as if your personal estimation of importance of events is even remotely significant in the real world.

I do not understand since the conflict is practically at its end why keep going on about it?
Original post by tsr1269
Election results are not indicative of "majority support".

You are right
What threat do ISIS Syria and Ukraine conflicts reasonably pose? The only one I can see potentially posing any real risk is ISIS, and it's unclear whether it actually will or not, and if it does it will be a long way down the line.

You make a very good point
I do not understand since the conflict is practically at its end why keep going on about it?

What's an 'end'? Can you explain what you mean by the conflict's 'end'? That Israel has decided to partially pull out its troops, is that an 'end' enough for you? The people whose parents children and loved ones were killed or injured, whose homes have been demolished, it's not an 'end' for them. It isn't an 'end' for Hamas who wants the blockade lifted. It will not be an 'end' until Palestine is restored to those from whom it was forcibly taken.
You make a very good point

What is far more important at this time is making sure that the economic growth ball keeps going for the next few years. Then the west can start looking for business to stick their unwanted noses in again.

Latest

Trending

Trending