The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sic semper erat
Al Guardian loves the islamonazis more than any of them

well the BBC is clearly in favour of the NaZionist Jews
This is something that needs to be watched, no stupid bias - just cold, hard facts.

[video="youtube;Mu7wjovLehI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu7wjovLehI[/video]
Original post by BasharAssad
are you ****ing kidding me or what? bias in favour of the Palestinians? please! only the exact opposite is true.

I can't turn on BBC News without seeing a ten minute reel of injured/sad/Palestinian faces, followed by a five minute diatrad about how Evil Israel is and all their war crimes.
Followed by a brief ten seconds of rushed "andhamasfiredrocketsatcivlliansandkilledtwopeople"
Followed by some closing shots of sad/injured Palestinian children.
It's horrifically bias.

Don't get me wrong, Israel is by far and away in the wrong here, and are guilty of war-crimes.
But the ammount of air-time Palestinian victims get compared to Israli is just shockingly bias.\
All the news winges on about is "Palestine is so devastated" "What is going on here is so horrible "The UN has yet again condemned Isralis actions "It is the feeling of many that Israel has overstepped the mark"
I don't know a single person at work who isn't INSANELY Pro-palestine, and these are people who only get there news from the BBC and it's ilk

People forget that if Hamas stopped firing rockets into Israel, Israel would stop roflstomping them into oblivion and that this recent wave of (excessive) action against Gaza was caused by yet another wave of Hamas attacks.
When a mosquito bites a giant, it can't winge when the giant squashes it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5023
The BBC is not biased towards Palestinian people. People need to stop distorting reality - the BBC has never been impartial when it comes to this conflict. The BBC gives its audience lots of pro-Israeli propaganda, and continues to defend Israel's position. Why do you think many people protest? Just look at the image - which is real, check it out on their website - below. Secondly, let's not forget who started the recent conflict: Israel. And do you, Zen Baphomet, really think that if Hamas stopped firing rockets, no one would be killed? Take a look at 2014 and 2012. More importantly, people need to have a balanced view and realise that both Israel and Hamas should be heavily criticised. However, only one side is killing innocent civilians and forcing them to live in a prison.

Original post by Hectic
The BBC is not biased towards Palestinian people. People need to stop distorting reality - the BBC has never been impartial when it comes to this conflict. The BBC gives its audience lots of pro-Israeli propaganda, and continues to defend Israel's position. Why do you think many people protest? Just look at the image - which is real, check it out on their website - below. Secondly, let's not forget who started the recent conflict: Israel. And do you, Zen Baphomet, really think that if Hamas stopped firing rockets, no one would be killed? Take a look at 2014 and 2012. More importantly, people need to have a balanced view and realise that both Israel and Hamas should be heavily criticised. However, only one side is killing innocent civilians and forcing them to live in a prison.

hamas has killed plenty of civilians in fact they dont care who they kill as long as they are not muslims. israel take attempts at least to minimise civilian casualiy in this conflict though noone is blind to the fact that they are piss poor at doing this, nowhere on the elvel f the west in terms of carefully planned and managed attacks. even with the most meticulously operated army response, taking on terrorists that operate within civilians will always have some sort of civlian loss - and hamas know this.

in terms of the media, yes i agree BBC is not biased towards Palestinian ( individual journalists maybe but not as an organisation) but they are good, as most media outlets at running emotional reports filming people standing on piles of rubble shrieking - which i think is irresponsible reporting. when i watch the news i want background facts not dramatised sob stories whcih dont really take us anywhere- but then this is modern day sensationlist reporting. we dont need to see these reports to know its sad the civilians are suffering - we need to know wahts being done to prevent them. its also hard to feel sorry for some people that complain but cannot condemn the terororists hamas that palestinains voted in, that use them and their neighbourhoods as human shields while antagonising the idf- making this point is not supporting israel, its simply stating fact
(edited 9 years ago)
There are reports that the teens and young people of Israel are consulting more and more psychiatrists. They have lived under the constant threat of rocker fire. They say their fears have increased as they expect Hamas to retaliate very hard in the coming months...they run for cover as soon as the sirens are heard. Shrapnel falling from the sky also scatter some streets at times making it hard for people to walk. They have full faith on the Iron Dome though, and they wholeheartedly welcome the US fund to support the system.
The levels if depression are increasing and people couldn't live like this. Something had to be done for the rocket fire and tunnels and so it was.

So I think this operation was very worth the 60 odd lives. Most of them were soldiers though, so that's okay. Also the 3 civilians and their families will be honoured to the highest degree (all respect to them - they showed their true Zionist colours). These people made it possible for Israel to do something without the expense of it's land - great!

So now the Israelites can live more in peace of mind. Maybe Hamas can't come back strongly...no longer do one have to fear their children being killed by rockets. Still 3000 rockets more to come though, but meh, they will be intercepted.

Another problem would be the DBS and their work. I dunno why they hate Israel so much. Israel has killed 800+ terrorists and they still think that Israel did not do what's right. Damn them...damn those who sympathise with the terrorists.

I guess its enough of Fox news and TOI, maybe its time to watch Al-Jazeera. The US viewers maybe missing something :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pinzgauer
Yet the palestinians have genocide of Israel in their charter.

Calling for the destruction of a State, as opposed to it's people, contravenes no law that I can think of. The denial of self-determination, on the other hand...
Anyone know where that Pinzer chap has gone?
Anyone got a good link to an unbiased history of the conflict. Preferably a video
Original post by Temporality
Anyone got a good link to an unbiased history of the conflict. Preferably a video

check out the video I posted above, it highlights the whole conflict in detail without bias
Original post by tsr1269
Calling for the destruction of a State, as opposed to it's people, contravenes no law that I can think of. The denial of self-determination, on the other hand...

Choice quotes from the Hamas Charter: http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

This Covenant of the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS), clarifies its picture, reveals its identity, outlines its stand, explains its aims, speaks about its hopes, and calls for its support, adoption and joining its ranks. Our struggle against the Jews is very great and very serious. It needs all sincere efforts. It is a step that inevitably should be followed by other steps. The Movement is but one squadron that should be supported by more and more squadrons from this vast Arab and Islamic world, until the enemy is vanquished and Allah's victory is realised.

and

Moreover, if the links have been distant from each other and if obstacles, placed by those who are the lackeys of Zionism in the way of the fighters obstructed the continuation of the struggle, the Islamic Resistance Movement aspires to the realisation of Allah's promise, no matter how long that should take. The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews." (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).

and

Israel, Judaism and Jews challenge Islam and the Moslem people. "May the cowards never sleep."

I think its pretty clear that their aim is to wipe out the Jews starting with Israel.
Original post by UniOfLife
I think its pretty clear that their aim is to wipe out the Jews starting with Israel.

Given the fact that they have not stated what you purport to state they have claimed, your choice of quotes is summarily dismissed.

I suggest you come back when you have something which explicitly calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to Israel which could be said to be a reasonable opinion to hold.

I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile.

What was the factor which drove them to this level of hostility that they would go from living together one day to killing them the next?

The Jews whom they had been living alongside for hundreds of years or the establishment of the Jewish State?

"Elementary, my dear Watson". :holmes:
This conflict is greater than the existence of Hamas, this conflict didn't begin with Hamas and it will not end with Hamas either.
Original post by CTArsenal
check out the video I posted above, it highlights the whole conflict in detail without bias

Thanks. Hope to trust her version of events
Original post by tsr1269
Given the fact that they have not stated what you purport to state they have claimed, your choice of quotes is summarily dismissed.

I suggest you come back when you have something which explicitly calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to Israel which could be said to be a reasonable opinion to hold.

I mean, the Palestinians were living in relative peace with their Jewish neighbors prior to the creation of the Israeli State upon when they suddenly became hostile.

What was the factor which drove them to this level of hostility that they would go from living together one day to killing them the next?

The Jews whom they had been living alongside for hundreds of years or the establishment of the Jewish State?

"Elementary, my dear Watson". :holmes:

You are of course free to "summarily dismiss" the quotes. I frankly would not expect anything different. I am not writing to convince you since you will not change your mind regardless of how much evidence is placed in front of you. I respond to your posts so that others reading the thread will not fooled into believing you.

On the point of Arab violence against Jews. It certainly predates 1948. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Hebron_massacre
Netenyahu is a terrorist. There I've said it. He has no interest in peace, evident in his blatant disregard for international law and his collective punishment against the Gaza population is a war crime according to the IRCC - and I agree.
Original post by UniOfLife
You are of course free to "summarily dismiss" the quotes. I frankly would not expect anything different. I am not writing to convince you since you will not change your mind regardless of how much evidence is placed in front of you. I respond to your posts so that others reading the thread will not fooled into believing you.

I think it is clear to all that you have been unable to substantiate your opinion, an erroneous one, that HAMAS calls for the destruction of Jews, as opposed to the State of Israel.

The links or quotes you have posted does not strengthen your argument but detracts from it, as it is shown quite clearly that one has to imply and read so much into it, not to mention, selectively quoting bits and pieces in order to get a vague noion that maybe HAMAS does want to destroy all Jews, contrary to their Charter which simply seeks to destroy Israel, which is quite a legitimate aim.

On the point of Arab violence against Jews. It certainly predates 1948. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_Hebron_massacre

Yes, the plan to have an independent Jewish State in Palestine was only formulated in 1947. :rolleyes:
How awfully convenient is it that people forget that Netenyahu himself said that he has no intention in giving Palestinians sovereignty with or without Hamas?
Nick Clegg believes Israel has overstepped the mark and all UK export licenses to Israel must be suspended.

This follows on from Spain's suspension of arms licenses to Israel.

Latest

Trending

Trending