The Student Room Group

Gareth Bale is now hench and Ronaldo's shorts are too short

Do women find this man attractive? Do the muscles look real? After all, he was really quite skinny 2 months ago, can he put it on that quick?

Also what do people think about men playing sports and rolling their shorts up?

Examples:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/07/1407408212393_wps_2_EFE_Spain_via_Press_Assoc.jpg

http://d1p3t35jiqtse7.cloudfront.net/content/uploads/2014/06/sanchezshorts1.jpg

Scroll to see replies

... And yes I saw you sneaking a peek at Sanchez's bulge. :colone:
I wish they wouldn't shave their legs
Original post by dire wolf
I wish they wouldn't shave their legs

How do you know they shave them? I can't see any advantage to a footballer doing that. I know divers and swimmers do it and that's fair enough.
Reply 4
[INDENT]Nice. Bale is looking quite awesome these days. All men should be muscular, there really isn't an excuse to be hideously skinny or fat.
Reply 5
Original post by Autistic Merit
How do you know they shave them? I can't see any advantage to a footballer doing that. I know divers and swimmers do it and that's fair enough.

There is an advantage of athletes, in this case, football players doing that, you feel lighter, so you can run faster. I heard it once from a commentator that was talking about a football player that shaves his legs. Not sure if this is true though, there's no evidence that it's true.

Also, you can use hair removal cream to get rid of your hair on your legs.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Caedus
Nice. Bale is looking quite awesome these days. All men should be muscular, there really isn't an excuse to be hideously skinny or fat.

Err... why should everyone be muscular? Are you being sarcastic?
Original post by Caedus
Nice. Bale is looking quite awesome these days. All men should be muscular, there really isn't an excuse to be hideously skinny or fat.

Are you serious?
Original post by How Are You?
Are you serious?

Exactly! As long as you're healthy who cares?
Original post by Caedus

100% THIS. Men should be muscular and women should be skinny and slender.

All the other body types are ugly and fat.

Look how much better Bale looks like with a bit more muscle.

His face, specifically his mouth, is still ugly but at least his body 9/10

When they're getting regular and probably pretty intensive leg massages like those guys will be, hair gets in the way. Could well factor into it.
Reply 11

Are you serious?

Original post by Marky Mark
100% THIS. Men should be muscular and women should be skinny and slender.

All the other body types are ugly and fat.

Look how much better Bale looks like with a bit more muscle.

His face, specifically his mouth, is still ugly but at least his body 9/10

I don't mean Ronnie Coleman muscular, if that's what you're thinking. Looking aesthetic, lean, healthy and carrying a bit of muscle is definitely a good thing. How could anyone possibly argue otherwise?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Are you serious?

Exactly! As long as you're healthy who cares?

Why would you want to be skinny/fat?

There are different meanings to health. You are referring to a person with no illnesses, but being healthy can also mean being physically fit, so you can run a long time without getting tired too quickly. You can swim for a long time without your legs getting worn out, you can physically take care of yourself when the time comes to defend yourself. They are very valuable skills.
Original post by AnharM

There are different meanings to health. You are referring to a person with no illnesses, but being healthy can also mean being physically fit, so you can run a long time without getting tired too quickly. You can swim for a long time without your legs getting worn out, you can physically take care of yourself when the time comes to defend yourself. They are very valuable skills.

But we don't live in an age where those skills are important any more. We're not running away from sabre-toothed tigers or wrestling with bears or anything like that so why does it matter?

Muscles are only useful for professional sportspeople or for attracting women.
His body is really good now

He has massively done the prettyboy thing though since going to Spain, hairband, fake tan etc
Original post by AnharM

Being fat isn't good. But you can't say that there's no excuse for being skinny (not the extremely skinny type). You could be skinny and be agile and strong. Martial artists are not ripped like those fake steroid filled balloons nor are they super muscular. Yet they live a healthy lifestyle.

EDIT: A lot of skinny men can't help but be skinny due to high metabolism. But they are damn stronger than your average joe.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
But we don't live in an age where those skills are important any more. We're not running away from sabre-toothed tigers or wrestling with bears or anything like that so why does it matter?

Many of the girls I've spoken to think less of skinny, weedy or fat men who don't look after themselves. It just screams laziness to me.

Surely if other men admire and respect men with muscle, then working out is very useful from a social perspective?
:sexface:
here come the 'alphas' who need to be 'hench' otherwise they can't talk to girls :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest