The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Smurf
Kehl (Dortmund) and Casillas.

Fair enough, point taken. Still very much the minority in the top 10 or so sides in Europe.

Speaking of Dortmund, anyone seen this:

[video="youtube;yRGVGsI9r44"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRGVGsI9r44[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91
It is actually pretty rare that the club captain of a top side isn't the first name on the team sheet...Seems to happen with Arsenal often though.

Iker Casillas? Ask yourself why is he still captain being being a sub for the last two seasons. Arteta's influence in the team is so obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been giving talks at half time or at training. Arteta deserves it for his service to Arsenal, he's been de facto captain for the last 2 years now.

I'm confident Wenger will bring in a new DM

There are other leaders at Arsenal who can lead on the pitch. Mert, Ramsey, Theo, Wilshere. Arteta and Mert are is the best leadership team.
This wasn't a friendly... juss sayin. :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol how do you guys know that means no DM....
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This wasn't a friendly... juss sayin.

It wasn't the champions league final either
Original post by sevchenko
Iker Casillas? Ask yourself why is he still captain being being a sub for the last two seasons. Arteta's influence in the team is so obvious. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't been giving talks at half time or at training. Arteta deserves it for his service to Arsenal, he's been de facto captain for the last 2 years now.

I'm confident Wenger will bring in a new DM

There are other leaders at Arsenal who can lead on the pitch. Mert, Ramsey, Theo, Wilshere. Arteta and Mert are is the best leadership team.

I'm not questioning Arteta's leadership, just his footballing ability (read: legs). If Wenger brings in a DM I'm more than happy for him to be captain, I just don't think he'd make him the club captain and then not play him. It's not Wenger's way of doing things.
Reply 3206
Original post by Jordooooom

Glad you figured that one out
Original post by Kruz
Lol how do you guys know that means no DM....

We don't but it becomes the natural reaction as you would expect your captain to start week in, week out. The only reason Vermaelen didn't was because he wasn't good enough to displace either Per or Koscielny.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the Shiny Dinner Plate.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
It's the Shiny Dinner Plate.

It's quite cool looking, not as good a dinner plate as the Eridivisie title mind.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
are we even linked with any CMs anymore, Carvalho rumours have died. Don't mind if Arteta is captain as long as he's not playing 38 games a season for us.

Now you know how we've felt for the last 8 years :sad:
Arteta gets the armband, why did anyone expect anything different? He was the vice-captain last season, and it respects the chain of command we have had. Per has essentially been promoted regardless... no need to make a song and dance about it.
Good performance, but we still need to improve the midfield area and central defence. I am not so convinced by LB either, we are not top top class there.

I would give you a round of applause but that would mean your comment was worthy of one.
This is not a real City by far, the most idiotic thing we can do is assume they were even trying or match sharp. We need to strengthen. We need more power in the team.
Original post by trrr
Meh, glorified pre season game.

Still means more than beating Dortmund's C team.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I would give you a round of applause but that would mean your comment was worthy of one.

Haha so funny
(edited 9 years ago)
Worried that we will fail to strengthen either of the two obvious weak points in the team, DM and ST. No chance of winning the league until this happens.
Haha so funny

Thanks man, thanks.
congrats pals.

Hopefully you follow in David Moyes' successful footsteps now.

Latest