The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pete_91
The 2-0 at OT in 2005 actually winds me up a million times more than the 8-2. Should have posted that.

What's your worst Chelsea loss? I remember the 2-0 at stamford bridge where we got dominated and Drogba backheeled it into the goal, then Alex scored a freekick.
Reply 3321
Original post by Pete_91
The 2-0 at OT in 2005 actually winds me up a million times more than the 8-2. Should have posted that.

Bit early for me tbh. I remember you beating us 1-0 at OT in (06?) when Adebayor scored 5 mins or something from the end. Then Lehmann whipped out some superman **** to stop Ole from equalising. Man I was pissed that day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
What's your worst Chelsea loss? I remember the 2-0 at stamford bridge where we got dominated and Drogba backheeled it into the goal, then Alex scored a freekick.

Any game that involved Drogba tbh. The 2-0 to united was more about match fixing than anything, still maintain that game was rigged from the outset.
Original post by Pete_91
Any game that involved Drogba tbh. The 2-0 to united was more about match fixing than anything, still maintain that game was rigged from the outset.

Meh. I got over Chelsea Barca since we got redemption. Once you get sweet revenge on United for once then you'll stop caring about it.
Original post by jam278
Meh. I got over Chelsea Barca since we got redemption. Once you get sweet revenge on United for once then you'll stop caring about it.

The thing is the took away something that we can't ever get back. We're not getting to 49 games unbeaten again it took a century for a single team to do it. If they'd just cheated us out of a league title or cup or whatever then redemption would be possible. We'll never get redemption :angry:
Original post by Pete_91

With the 8-2 you knew you were going to get a beating. A team with Traore, Coquelin and Dojo deserved to get slapped! The 50th game at OT was nothing short of a joke, Rooney diving, Reyes being kicked left, right and centre, Neville and Ferdinand remaining on the pitch somehow. Mike Riley bottled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the 8-2 much like our 6-1 at City was worse than it needed to be anyway. Had there been a parking of the bus rather than a football match the score line probably wouldn't have been as bad, but pride and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
With the 8-2 you knew you were going to get a beating. A team with Traore, Coquelin and Dojo deserved to get slapped! The 50th game at OT was nothing short of a joke, Rooney diving, Reyes being kicked left, right and centre, Neville and Ferdinand remaining on the pitch somehow. Mike Riley bottled it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plus they were facing the might of Anderson, Cleverley and Young
Today is a significant day. Sky Sports 5 will land. Sky Sports News 'HQ' is a bit cringy but I'll get used to it.
Adrian Durham :rofl:

Bojan to Stoke: signing of the season.

i dont even...
Original post by barneystin
Adrian Durham :rofl:

Bojan to Stoke: signing of the season.

i dont even...

He's been playing too much fifa 11 and FM11
Original post by Fizzel
I think the 8-2 much like our 6-1 at City was worse than it needed to be anyway. Had there been a parking of the bus rather than a football match the score line probably wouldn't have been as bad, but pride and all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's why Chelsea rarely ever get thrashed.
Original post by jam278
He's been playing too much fifa 11 and FM11

you watch continental football, right?

what actually happened to him? just an overachieving youth?
Original post by Pete_91

Original post by Peggles_*

What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

Original post by sr90
What about the games in which Arsenal benefitted from questionable referring decisions in that run, I bet you weren't complaining then. Pires diving to win a penalty and admitting to it afterwards comes to mind. Or how about the Arsenal players being thugs in the 0-0 the previous season, lucky not to have had points deducted for that embarassing behaviour.

Rooney did dive to win a penalty, but this stonewall penalty was not given. Convenient how everyone forgets that:

Didnt rio jump on ljungbergs back in first half when baring down on goal? No free kick was given, yet alone a red card.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Didnt rio jump on ljungbergs back in first half when baring down on goal? No free kick was given, yet alone a red card.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't he get a retrospective ban for studs down Cole's ankle?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

I was in the United end for the 0-0 at OT. One of the funniest football related moments of my life.
Tbh, this is further forward in time than that team but our team with Cesc, RVP and Nasri did have some right thuggish characters. Surprisingly, they lacked the mental fortitude though. The previous team had thuggish/chav scum traits too, but they were more mentally tough.
The guys on Skysports 5 aren't very confident that we can go far this Champions League. I can't really complain we've only gone far twice since , 06 (Final) & 09 (Semi-Finals).
Original post by barneystin
you watch continental football, right?

what actually happened to him? just an overachieving youth?

Bojan wasn't favoured by the manager and the form of Pedro, Villa and Messi meant it was very hard for him to get into the team.

I didn't watch too much continental football at the time.

Latest