The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if cavani would be a 10/10 window (with DM/CB)

Then reus would be easily 12 or 13

*daydream*

Right back to fifa career mode.. arsenal with:

Griezmann - Reus - Sanchez
Ox
Ramsey - Wilshire
Pogba
Gibbs - Kos - Chambers
Szhz

In the classic 3-4-3..

Because that team would totally work in real life.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
only seen him in the champions league - i'm merely going off his stats and what i've heard from others whose opinions i value.

never said he does, but he doesn't play straight up top because that's where ibra plays.
i don't care how he works when he's on the field, i was just saying that his record at PSG (however he decides to score/assist in a match) is excellent considering he isn't in his preferred position.

seriously butty you're just trying to pick fights now; it's getting a little embarrassing and frankly people are bored with you now.

I'm not picking fights it just grates me how you've got an opinion on everything when you've got no idea what you're talking about :-/

And it's not as simple as he doesn't play up top cus that's where ibra plays..lol
Original post by manchesterunited15

Screw you and your amazing strike force :frown:

Spoiler

Original post by BenAssirati
At least our Southampton recruits aren't already injured :biggrin:

Original post by fallen_acorns

*daydream*

We can dream, my friend. We can dream.

Reus Walcott Sanchez
Wilshere Ozil Ramsey
Original post by manchesterunited15

That's what he looks like when he shaves :wink:
Bear in mind Ibra was injured for a massive amount of time this year, so Cavani mostly found himself trying to fill in Ibra's position. He played up top for a large period of time, and even when he is deployed as a 'winger' he frequently runs up in front of Ibra/Lavezzi etc. If you don't care how he works when he is on the field, why are you saying he would work well on the field for Arsenal?

And considering how most of your posts include insults or passive aggressive remarks, it is hilariously hypocritical for you to criticize butty for 'trying to pick fights'. Bear in mind you are a Scouser fan on the Arsenal thread.

meh, i don't profess to know the ins and out of all.

all i see is that he "generally" doesn't play in his preferred position but he still has a high quality record.
i don't watch him personally, as i said im only going off the stats that he has.

therefore it follows that when played consistently in his preferred position infront of a set of attacking players as impressive as arsenal's, he would do well.

obviously in football nothing is certain in that respect, but jesus guys i was only giving my opinion - even though it may not hold much weight to you, i don't see why i should be subject to such a barrage of abuse!

last bit was a little uncalled for man; don't know you well enough to comment on you, however reducing me and stereotyping me as the typical liverpool fan in your mind is not the best way forward really.

Original post by baconbutty
I'm not picking fights it just grates me how you've got an opinion on everything when you've got no idea what you're talking about :-/

And it's not as simple as he doesn't play up top cus that's where ibra plays..lol

i have an opinion simply because i'm entitled to it.
it may not hold much value; in this instance, i can't provide any new information on cavani that you guys don't already know
but does that mean i shouldn't be able to voice my opinion at all?

Luke Defence Mechanism activate.
Original post by fallen_acorns

*daydream*

Right back to fifa career mode.. arsenal with:

Griezmann - Reus - Sanchez
Ox
Ramsey - Wilshire
Pogba
Gibbs - Kos - Chambers
Szhz

In the classic 3-4-3..

Because that team would totally work in real life.

I use the not-so-classic 4-2-3-1..
Sanchez
Reus - Ozil - Gotze
Pogba - Ramsey
Gibbs - Kos - Varane - De Sciglio
Shezza

all i see is that he "generally" doesn't play in his preferred position but he still has a high quality record.
i don't watch him personally, as i said im only going off the stats that he has.

therefore it follows that when played consistently in his preferred position infront of a set of attacking players as impressive as arsenal's, he would do well.

obviously in football nothing is certain in that respect, but jesus guys i was only giving my opinion - even though it may not hold much weight to you, i don't see why i should be subject to such a barrage of abuse!

last bit was a little uncalled for man; don't know you well enough to comment on you, however reducing me and stereotyping me as the typical liverpool fan in your mind is not the best way forward really.

it may not hold much value; in this instance, i can't provide any new information on cavani that you guys don't already know

This is like you saying pedro is worth 30mil again after having watched him. 4 times MAX.

If you spent half as much time reading about/watching football as you do talking absolute *******s you might not be the forum punching bag

I am not sure how I am giving you abuse for your opinion, I am merely slightly annoyed at the way you state it. If you watched PSG during most games, Cavani scored virtually all of his goals from a CF position. Yes, he may have a good record, but it is simply untrue to say that it makes him stand out *as a winger*. Also, I was not stereotyping you, I was stating a fact. A Liverpool fan on a different team's thread is bound to cause a few arguments regardless of who they are, same as if I went on to the Man Utd or Spurs threads. Especially if I offered them my own personalized shopping list for their squad.
Luke defence mechanism activate.
Arsenal Defence Mechanism vs Luke Defence Mechanism
In all seriousness though, who on Earth uses their real name on TSR? Lol.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Luke defence mechanism activate.

thanks for repeating exactly what i said.

solid contrubution to the thread mate. :clap2:
Reply 3555
In all seriousness though, who on Earth uses their real name on TSR? Lol.

So your name isn't tom ford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
So your name isn't tom ford?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is. Only I am allowed to use my real name. With a face like this, who wouldn't?

Reply 3557
It is. Only I am allowed to use my real name. With a face like this, who wouldn't?

Wow man, thanks for even posting here. Thanks for gracing us. Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use the not-so-classic 4-2-3-1..
Sanchez
Reus - Ozil - Gotze
Pogba - Ramsey
Gibbs - Kos - Varane - De Sciglio
Shezza

mirin ambition
Original post by baconbutty
This is like you saying pedro is worth 30mil again after having watched him. 4 times MAX.

If you spent half as much time reading about/watching football as you do talking absolute *******s you might not be the forum punching bag

literally has no relavence to what we're currently talking about.
nice to know you have no real response to what i just said.
good show butty, come up with something new for next time yeah?

hey if i'm the punching bag, it's pretty clear i can take a hit or two.
at least i don't cower away, sitting at my screen for days searching for Luke_Mckeown hoping that i say something you don't agree with.

I am not sure how I am giving you abuse for your opinion, I am merely slightly annoyed at the way you state it. If you watched PSG during most games, Cavani scored virtually all of his goals from a CF position. Yes, he may have a good record, but it is simply untrue to say that it makes him stand out *as a winger*. Also, I was not stereotyping you, I was stating a fact. A Liverpool fan on a different team's thread is bound to cause a few arguments regardless of who they are, same as if I went on to the Man Utd or Spurs threads. Especially if I offered them my own personalized shopping list for their squad.

nah, i never said any of that first part - i just said that he has a good record given the fact he isn't in his preferred position.
as i also said, i know next to nothing about how he plays in the matches, i dont watch the french league
i only know the stats and what i hear from others; not exactly a reliable source of information, but since i'm not too concerned about that, it doesn't really matter.

it shouldn't be like that, but it is.
i come on here saying that if you get cavani and a DM, i'd back you for the league - i'd call that quite a nice thing to say from an arsenal fan's perspective, yeah?
instead, everybody ignores that and highlights on my lack of cavani knowledge.
seems about right...

in case you didn't notice, LDM is still active.

Latest