The Student Room Group

HELP!! Can I apply for 2 different courses?

Hi :biggrin:
so I just got my as results back and achieved 5 As in Bio, Chem, His, Maths and Critical thinking (lol) all at 91 ums average
i want to do chem engineering at uni since it seems versatile in terms of job oppurtunities and I enjoy chemistry and maths. However I don't do physics, and a lot of unis ask for at least an AS in physics. So much so I can only find 3 unis I want to go to which don't require physics (cambridge, imperial, bath). Obviously however, I have 5 uni choices.

Does es anyone here have any idea if it would be possible to apply for a degree in Chemistry with Maths at 2 other unis with one personal statement? Are they similar enough?

Many thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1
Reply 2
Reply 3
I'd say speak to your tutors about it
Original post by Gcseboy1997

Could you not do AS Physics along your A2s? Many do this sort of thing.
Reply 5
Original post by JayJay-C19
Could you not do AS Physics along your A2s? Many do this sort of thing.

And then apply for UCL? I could but I'm not sure how they'd react to me only having as AS and not having one at the time of my application. Likewise I don't really want to be in a class with the year below

Do you think it could be possible to apply with the same PS for both courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gcseboy1997
And then apply for UCL? I could but I'm not sure how they'd react to me only having as AS and not having one at the time of my application. Likewise I don't really want to be in a class with the year below

Do you think it could be possible to apply with the same PS for both courses?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so, just talk about Math and Science individually for a few lines or whatever and then yeah.
Reply 7
Original post by JayJay-C19
I think so, just talk about Math and Science individually for a few lines or whatever and then yeah.

Thanks I'll email my head of sixth form to talk about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending