The Student Room Group

Transfering unis, having trouble changing student finance tution fees to new uni

Hi,

I have already made an application to Student Finance England and have been approved for year 2 tuition for my old university.

I am now transferring university for a year 2 entry so I would like to reallocate this approved application to my new university.

I have called 4 times and spent 3 hours on the phone with Student Finance and ALL of them have given me different answers, so now I am very worried about not getting my student finance for my new university on time if anyone has transferred unis, could you please help me with how I do this, or if there are any Student Finance England representatives on here, could you please help me!

(I am only wanting the tuition fees and nothing else if this helps)

Thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by kye335
Hi,

I have already made an application to Student Finance England and have been approved for year 2 tuition for my old university.

I am now transferring university for a year 2 entry so I would like to reallocate this approved application to my new university.

I have called 4 times and spent 3 hours on the phone with Student Finance and ALL of them have given me different answers, so now I am very worried about not getting my student finance for my new university on time if anyone has transferred unis, could you please help me with how I do this, or if there are any Student Finance England representatives on here, could you please help me!

(I am only wanting the tuition fees and nothing else if this helps)

Thank you for your help :smile:

Hi Kye335,

Can you confirm if you have applied for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? Have you applied as a home student or EU student?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Dear Claire,

I am a full time home, undergraduate student for a BSc course. The course I am applying to is a standard 3 year long course, however I am entering as a year 2 student so I will be only doing 2 years with the new university.
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Kye335,

Can you confirm if you have applied for an undergraduate or postgraduate course? Have you applied as a home student or EU student?

Thanks,
Claire
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by kye335
Dear Claire,

I am a full time home, undergraduate student for a BSc course. The course I am applying to is a standard 3 year long course, however I am entering as a year 2 student so I will be only doing 2 years with the new university.

You can change the application online in your account, by clicking on change my application and course details. This link may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3vH6gHXFE

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your help, this seems to work however despite me inputting I am a year 2 student, in the check and submit section, it is saying
"Your updated course details:
Business Information Systems at University Of East Anglia (UEA)
September 2022 - June 2025"

but should it not start from September 2023 as that is the year I am entering in? Or will the Student Finance team be able to see I am a year 2 student and change it themselves?

Many thanks,
Kye

Original post by Claire SFE
You can change the application online in your account, by clicking on change my application and course details. This link may help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3vH6gHXFE

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by kye335
Dear Claire,

Thank you for your help, this seems to work however despite me inputting I am a year 2 student, in the check and submit section, it is saying
"Your updated course details:
Business Information Systems at University Of East Anglia (UEA)
September 2022 - June 2025"

but should it not start from September 2023 as that is the year I am entering in? Or will the Student Finance team be able to see I am a year 2 student and change it themselves?

Many thanks,
Kye

Hi Kye,
It is normal to show the year that year one of the course would have commenced as you are entering year 2. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending