The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

This is awful. At least the FL were publicly shamed on 35 minutes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds at home, dream come true !!!! Second round
First home game of the season last night for Wrexham. It was 3-0 to Gateshead but the scoreline was flattering to them, caught us napping for the second two goals and we had plenty of chances ourselves. Some poor performances from our players though, need to step up their game if we want to get to the playoffs this season.
BRADFORD V LEEDS !!!!! What a draw !! What do you all think ? I know were (Bradford) happy.
Original post by IMBCFC
BRADFORD V LEEDS !!!!! What a draw !! What do you all think ? I know were (Bradford) happy.

No better time to face them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
No better time to face them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that then ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Why is that then ?

Insane owner plus non league manager plus fan discontent plus random assembly of foreign players equals not a very good team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Insane owner plus non league manager plus fan discontent plus random assembly of foreign players equals not a very good team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, very good chance I hope we dont **** this up.
Original post by IMBCFC
Leeds at home, dream come true !!!! Second round

You'll be in the same division next season. Leeds are ****.
Original post by sr90
You'll be in the same division next season. Leeds are ****.

Who do you support ? Leeds are looking ok against Boro atm
Original post by IMBCFC
Who do you support ? Leeds are looking ok against Boro atm

They do look OK, but should be 1-0 down.
Good result today at Sixfields against Sheff Utd. Positivity on the field offsetting the gloom off it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pleased with a Wrexham win at home against Nuneaton. Though I thought we played a bit better on Tuesday when we lost 3-0 to Gateshead but I'll take the 3 points all the same.

Any other Conference Premier fans here?
Original post by Superunknown17
Pleased with a Wrexham win at home against Nuneaton. Though I thought we played a bit better on Tuesday when we lost 3-0 to Gateshead but I'll take the 3 points all the same.

Any other Conference Premier fans here?

Conference Premier is too mainstream. I have a big interest in the Evo-Stik first division north as Lancaster City are my second team. They won 3-0 today against Farsley who finished 7th last year. Looking good already
FA Cup kicked off today for all you lower league nerds (like me). Some good articles on the BBC about it too.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28640023

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28734169
Reply 1495
Good result today at Sixfields against Sheff Utd. Positivity on the field offsetting the gloom off it.

Quite the opposite for United who were positive off the field before the season started and now full of gloom on it.

Good luck to Coventry this season though, hate to see teams get screwed by off-pitch happenings.
Original post by Kado
Quite the opposite for United who were positive off the field before the season started and now full of gloom on it.

Good luck to Coventry this season though, hate to see teams get screwed by off-pitch happenings.

Just 2 games in, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The table doesn't have a meaningful appearance for quite some time.
Good draw for bolton against forest yesterday after a dire performance against Watford on the opening week. Hopefully Mason can be our 20 goal season player that we needed
Original post by ..DT..
Good draw for bolton against forest yesterday after a dire performance against Watford on the opening week. Hopefully Mason can be our 20 goal season player that we needed

I was at the Watford game - I'm glad Mason's arrived. Bolton desperately needed goals and creativity in midfield, and they seem to have found one of them in Mason. Good week after a poor opening day for you.
Original post by Mackay
I was at the Watford game - I'm glad Mason's arrived. Bolton desperately needed goals and creativity in midfield, and they seem to have found one of them in Mason. Good week after a poor opening day for you.

We played so much better in 4-4-2 last season, but without loans didn't have the strikers to do it. Mason gives us that freedom now.

Quick Reply

Latest