The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5480
Original post by jam278
Henry started off as a striker for Monaco where Arsene was and was playing out of position for Juve ffs. Lets make this clear.

Henry was scouted as a striker but Wenger played him on the wing at Monaco. Then he went to Juve as a winger and then Wenger bought him for Arsenal and then used him as a striker

But yeah, Wenger didn't convert him - he was naturally a striker..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
Henry was scouted as a striker but Wenger played him on the wing at Monaco. Then he went to Juve as a winger and then Wenger bought him for Arsenal and then used him as a striker

But yeah, Wenger didn't convert him - he was naturally a striker..

It's the same as Daniel Sturridge pretty much.

Wenger played him on the wing for the reason he usually does this, so they don't have as much responsibility and because it was hard to fit him in the squad.
Reply 5483
Original post by Mario_leufft

Probably been posted already but - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28915947

The BBC love you don't they :biggrin:
We need a CDM
Original post by manchesterunited15
Probably been posted already but - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28915947

Arsenal: 4 points from 2 games.
United: 1 point from 2 games.

Where is your BBC article? Don't you need one more than us :biggrin:
When we had most of our team missing and our 5th and 6th choice CBs playing, I'm not overly bothered.

lol g axcuses axcuses

Original post by SHOO
How can you be trolling Manchester United fans on an Arsenal thread?

You Scousers make me sick

i'm just THAT good.

also i'm not a scouser, please revise your statement.
Original post by Lúcio
lol g axcuses axcuses

i'm just THAT good.

also i'm not a scouser, please revise your statement.

such a sopaxz
Original post by Arkasia
Arsenal: 4 points from 2 games.
United: 1 point from 2 games.

Where is your BBC article? Don't you need one more than us :biggrin:

Nah Phil loves us
such a sopaxz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BANTER!

people are gonna think we've gone mad...
Original post by Lúcio
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BANTER!

people are gonna think we've gone mad...

haha! lol!
Reply 5492
dead banter

Pretty sure Phil Mcnulty has a wet dream about United every single night...
Original post by Pete_91
Pretty sure Phil Mcnulty has a wet dream about United every single night...

He's not the only one

:sexface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by e aí rapaz
We need a CDM

Welcome friend, you must be new to Arsenal discussions. Take a seat, enjoy the ride.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11053869/Arsene-Wenger-tips-Olivier-Giroud-to-solve-Arsenals-goalscoring-crisis-after-stealing-late-equaliser-at-Everton.html

No new striker then.

It was put to Wenger at full-time how prolific tweeter Gary Lineker was among those observing Arsenal’s need for a 25-goal centre-forward.“How sure are you he [Giroud] won’t be that man?” Wenger replied. “He scored 16 last season and what he demonstrated today when he came on was very convincing. You never have to set limitations or targets for any player but for me he is improving every year. I wouldn’t rule out that he will get to 25 goals.”
Wenger did not sound like someone on a striker hunt. He said he rejected a potential move for the Liverpool-bound Mario Balotelli because he was no better than what he had.
“All our opponents have been looking for strikers and no one has found a world class one now available better than the one they have,” he said.
“He [Balotelli] has been in England before, and I believe we have [Yaya] Sanogo who will be important for me. We have Giroud, Joel Campbell can play as centre forward, and of course [Alexis] Sánchez, and Theo Walcott coming back too, don’t forget. You don’t put a pot of players together and bring in people just to have them there. It doesn’t make sense.”
Reply 5497
Apart from Cavani and Falcao who is actually available to upgrade Giroud

The only club managing to sign a worldie up front was Barca this window

Posted from TSR Mobile
"I believe we have [Yaya] Sanogo who will be important for me."

That's so scary. How long till Wenger realises Sanogo is completely useless. I saw it half way through his first game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Webster2002
"I believe we have [Yaya] Sanogo who will be important for me."

That's so scary. How long till Wenger realises Sanogo is completely useless. I saw it half way through his first game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He also thought Denilson was the next big thing. The guy does get it wrong sometimes.

Latest