The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex Doran
Thoughts on captain choice, it is probably between Rooney and Siggy?

I think everybody playing safe and going with Rooney

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1701
Original post by Lúcio
i have him and rooney, although i kinda wish i picked costa from the start instead.
but i wasn't sure if he's hit the ground running or not.

sturridge will have a better season than rooney imo, however the latter will still be decent since he is at the heart of most united goals whether they be tgrough open play or set pieces.

haha, touche :wink:
if sturridge get's injured i'll just do a straight swap to balotelli - simples.

urgh, not naismith!
i have cahill and courtois :/
annoyed i picked cahill over ivanovic from the start.

i've made some bad choices, but my midfield have proven excellent.

If Southampton don't do much I'm tempted to bring in Balotelli Aguero & Di Maria
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had a decent start so I don't need to take any big risks but unless Di Maria has a MASSIVE impact, I can't see United scoring more than 2 and probably struggle to do that. I think Rooney will get at most 6 points and I think Siggy has potential for a brace but it is a tough call. If Monk goes 4-4-2 then Siggy will be poor. I will probably just go for Rooney.
Original post by Mister Dead
Yeah 'Orrible Branislav is looking like a beast right now. But I think i'd prefer to wait a few weeks and see what's going to happen with Luis than reshape my team now to fit him in and then regret it if Aguero starts games and becomes a captain option

i just made the wrong defensive choices
i was debating between ivanovic/kompany or baines/cahill
i decided to pick the latter pair since city have a hard season start and i thought cahill would score a good few headers.

it's clear to me now that out of the four, i couldn't have picked a worse pairing.
ivanovic, not cahill has been the one scoring points, and baines has been near useless as a FF player at that price...
well done luke.
Original post by Alex Doran
Thoughts on captain choice, it is probably between Rooney and Siggy?

Original post by khalidpatel
Posted from TSR Mobile

on form right now, siggy is bossing it.
although you gotta think that over the course of the season, rooney is the best bet.
however since captain can be changed on a week to week basis and swansea are only playing west brom at home, a punt on siggy might just pay off...
Original post by Qari
If Southampton don't do much I'm tempted to bring in Balotelli Aguero & Di Maria

i'm not acting like a FF expert since i'm a newbie, but it would be a risk.
admittedly, ADM is cheaper than i expected, but we don't really know how effective he will be if being played as a left/right wing back.

even though he ias literally the most clinical ever premier league striker, aguero seems to have constant injury problems - i'd be nervous having him as a big FF player since he is often left out and may only come on as a sub.

as for balotelli, nobody has a clue.
he is the real gamble right now
personally i already have sturridge who is fairly consistent at scoring in the premier league, but for people with no liverpool strikers, why not him?
Reply 1705
Original post by Lúcio
i'm not acting like a FF expert since i'm a newbie, but it would be a risk.
admittedly, ADM is cheaper than i expected, but we don't really know how effective he will be if being played as a left/right wing back.

even though he ias literally the most clinical ever premier league striker, aguero seems to have constant injury problems - i'd be nervous having him as a big FF player since he is often left out and may only come on as a sub.

as for balotelli, nobody has a clue.
he is the real gamble right now
personally i already have sturridge who is fairly consistent at scoring in the premier league, but for people with no liverpool strikers, why not him?

I didn't say.now. I meant in the future prefetably after GW 12
Just took a 4 point hit to bring in Aguero for Costa, and made him my captain instead of Rooney. It better pay off...
Original post by Qari
I didn't say.now. I meant in the future prefetably after GW 12

that's fair enough i guess
although if you were to do it, i'd make a decision fairly quickly
particularly for new players, if they hit the ground running, surely their prices will rocket?

Original post by King Hotpie
Just took a 4 point hit to bring in Aguero for Costa, and made him my captain instead of Rooney. It better pay off...

i hope it does man
personally, i'm not gonna go for any point hits until teams have settled in.
didn't wanna suffer any penalties before i really see how the teams are playing - we're only a few games in.
Reply 1708
Original post by King Hotpie

I doubt he's going to start.

Original post by Lúcio
that's fair enough i guess
although if you were to do it, i'd make a decision fairly quickly
particularly for new players, if they hit the ground running, surely their prices will rocket?

i hope it does man
personally, i'm not gonna go for any point hits until teams have settled in.
didn't wanna suffer any penalties before i really see how the teams are playing - we're only a few games in.

True, if they perform well then I'll do it
hmm

captain choices for me are between:

Sanchez, or Jovetic..

Both have good games..

Sanchez scored his first goal in mid-week, and without giroud, I would be shocked if he did not start as striker this weekend.. and if not, then he will still be playing.. (but given his performances, its still a risk)

Jovetic is at home against stoke.. such a safe game, and he did well last week.... but... Given city, I am always worried he wont start.

Think il play it jovetic as captain, and sanchez as vice..

But I will be kicking myself is sanchez gets his season going this week..
Reply 1710
What if I'm 100% sure that De Gea will get a CS( and a few saves if I'm lucky). Then also making him captain is a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CAP31
What if I'm 100% sure that De Gea will get a CS( and a few saves if I'm lucky). Then also making him captain is a bad choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you're 100% sure, it's not a bad choice, just not a particularly adventurous one. But I really wouldn't be 100% sure about United keeping a clean sheet. Probably more like 100% sure that they won't keep a clean sheet.
I remember captaining Dzeko at home to Stoke last season. He played 90 mins, but got booked and missed an open goal. Meeemmmorrrrries.
Original post by Lúcio

Overpriced and and likely to get injured or even rested for CL. I'm wildcarding after this GW and I want a Liverpool attacker in my team though, they have a lovely run of games until December. If they aren't in the top two after this, something has gone wrong.

AV whu EV WBA qpr HULL new CHE cpl STO lei SUN

Also for those of you captaining Rooney, be careful. We have no midfield at the moment so there's every chance he will drop back. Think i'm going to captain Jovetic as City should put a few past Stoke.
I have asked twice and I still have no idea who to captain. I have little faith in either of my options (Rooney or Siggy) and I can't see either scoring more than once. I have had a good start but I can't see this week going well for me at all. I think I just have to stick with Rooney because there is a tiny possibility that Di Maria turns things round and Rooney gets a hat trick whilst Siggy is surely limited to about 8 points.
Original post by sr90
Overpriced and and likely to get injured or even rested for CL. I'm wildcarding after this GW and I want a Liverpool attacker in my team though, they have a lovely run of games until December. If they aren't in the top two after this, something has gone wrong.

Also for those of you captaining Rooney, be careful. We have no midfield at the moment so there's every chance he will drop back. Think i'm going to captain Jovetic as City should put a few past Stoke.

You made me do it. Changed captaincy last minute to Sturridge off Rooney :tongue:
van Persie captain. Colbert would be so proud.
I've kept Costa in my team, wasn't expecting Chelsea to do much away to Everton anyway so it's hardly worth taking a hit to get him out.
wildcard active. Need to make a few transfers too.
Original post by sr90

true, but i got faith in sturridge - i'll wait to see how rodgers decides to play it and change accordingly.
i already have sterling which imo is a must have player on FF, but i don't wanna take a risk on balotelli yet.

i'm captaining sturridge this week, hoping we have a good show against spurs.
risky.

Quick Reply

Latest