The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Freshers week 2014

Hey I was just wondering if anyone could help me out as I am a bit confused about freshers week. There are freshers tickets for various halls on the campus however my halls has not got a ticket. Is there a particular reason for this? I am in Windsor halls by the way.
Original post by TristanG
Hey I was just wondering if anyone could help me out as I am a bit confused about freshers week. There are freshers tickets for various halls on the campus however my halls has not got a ticket. Is there a particular reason for this? I am in Windsor halls by the way.

third one down : http://entourageproject.co.uk/buy-tickets/#
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2

Cheers mate, I was looking at the link on the Facebook page and it wasn't there.
Cheers mate, I was looking at the link on the Facebook page and it wasn't there.

no problemo :smile: what you studying?
Do we HAVE to get one of those freshers wristbands? Or can we just buy tickets to the specific events we want to go to instead?
Reply 5
Original post by cuckoo99
no problemo :smile: what you studying?

Law LLB, you?
Law LLB, you?

Chemistry :smile:
Original post by stuffandthings
Do we HAVE to get one of those freshers wristbands? Or can we just buy tickets to the specific events we want to go to instead?

You don't have to buy a wristband if you don't want to! You'll be able to pay on the door if you choose to go to the clubs in freshers and there should be tickets available for any of the extra stuff anyway :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bumblebee342
You don't have to buy a wristband if you don't want to! You'll be able to pay on the door if you choose to go to the clubs in freshers and there should be tickets available for any of the extra stuff anyway :smile:

What are the chances of tickets selling out? Should I be buying them ahead of time, or would I be fine waiting until freshers week?
Original post by stuffandthings
What are the chances of tickets selling out? Should I be buying them ahead of time, or would I be fine waiting until freshers week?

It depends which events you're looking at. It might be an idea to buy tickets for the bigger events (not the usual club nights where you get in with a wristband) beforehand, just so you know you have them. I bought a wristband last year so I wasn't paying for individual events, but I bought my freshers ball ticket a few days before (in freshers), so there's a chance you'll still be able to buy them
It depends which events you're looking at. It might be an idea to buy tickets for the bigger events (not the usual club nights where you get in with a wristband) beforehand, just so you know you have them. I bought a wristband last year so I wasn't paying for individual events, but I bought my freshers ball ticket a few days before (in freshers), so there's a chance you'll still be able to buy them

Okay, thanks!

How was your freshers :smile:?
How was your freshers :smile:?

It was awesome, had the best time! :biggrin:
What halls are you in?
It was awesome, had the best time! :biggrin:
What halls are you in?

ah great :smile: Sherfield :smile:
ah great :smile: Sherfield :smile:

Ah I was in Sherfield last year! :smile: Yeah, you'll have fun :tongue:
Ah I was in Sherfield last year! :smile: Yeah, you'll have fun :tongue:

nice :biggrin: What was the student union bar like ? :smile:
nice :biggrin: What was the student union bar like ? :smile:

Well you have a couple of bars in the SU which are obviously good (and pretty cheap) on union nights, but you also have Park Bar which is a big building on main campus with a bar and loads of space to sit, so it's really social. We went in there to pre drink a few times or it's cool to just go in there to hang out and drink :tongue:

Also, where the reception is for Sherfield you have a full bar, that's sort of part of the common room where people went occasionally :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending