The Student Room Group

What are people's 18th birthday plans?

Just curious I will post mine soon and I wondered whether they are too extreme.The total cost will be around £200, assuming everyone goes to every event but my dad and stepmother will pay for themselves and my mam and dad will also chip in so I should have to pay around £100.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For my 18th, all I did was go to Winter Wonderland with my friends, then we had a nostalgic picnic with those kid's chocolate caterpillar cakes with drinks and all. Believe it or not, it was actually a hilarious night :biggrin:
i went to some ****ty karaoke bar with my friends and got filthy drunk and sang A-ha Take on Me
Reply 3
Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh
i went to some ****ty karaoke bar with my friends and got filthy drunk and sang A-ha Take on Me

Alcohol is a horrible idea getting drunk is about one of the worst things you can do to yourself.Anyway its usually a bad idea even for people who like Alcohol because most of the friends won't be 18 yet.I'm looking at having 4 days of Birthday Events going to the Cinema(2 days before birthday),Buffet meal with my family(day before birthday), Party with Friends and Family(on the actual birthday) and Dogs with my family(day after birthday).For the Dogs event you have to be 18 so the fact I will be 18 by then is significant.
I can't even remember my 18th, I've supressed every memory I had of it. I didn't get anything, I didn't do anything. The only person who bothered to care was my best friend who gave me my present when I saw her five weeks later. I think I went college and then went home again and when I got home that was that. No one would have been home because they would have been at work. My friends and I were so busy with college stuff that I ended up seeing them five weeks later in a library of all places. I never liked birthdays. They remind me of how alone I am.

As long as you have people who care about you around, that's all that matters. What you do is nowhere near as important as who you're with.
My 18th fell on a weekday, so I spent it at home with my family, had a nice home cooked meal and cake. Then on the weekend I had a house party and invited all of my closest friends and family over. Absolutely amazing haha :biggrin:
It was like any other day, because it was just another day. As you can probably tell I don't celebrate birthdays, don't see the point.

Congratulations you haven't died or killed yourself for x amount of years. Why is that cause for celebration?
Reply 7
Original post by Vixen47
I can't even remember my 18th, I've supressed every memory I had of it. I didn't get anything, I didn't do anything. The only person who bothered to care was my best friend who gave me my present when I saw her five weeks later. I think I went college and then went home again and when I got home that was that. No one would have been home because they would have been at work. My friends and I were so busy with college stuff that I ended up seeing them five weeks later in a library of all places. I never liked birthdays. They remind me of how alone I am.

As long as you have people who care about you around, that's all that matters. What you do is nowhere near as important as who you're with.

Atleast there was someone :redface:

:console:
Reply 8
Original post by TSA
It was like any other day, because it was just another day. As you can probably tell I don't celebrate birthdays, don't see the point.

Congratulations you haven't died or killed yourself for x amount of years. Why is that cause for celebration?

In a way its sort of like celebrating that you've made it through to 18 and you are now adult and its sort of about celebrating everything you've achieved.I don't really celebrate birthday's that much I'm not sure whether I did anything for the last one, which I now think is a mistake because the day only comes around every 365.25 days on average and the 18th birthday is the most important birthday or maybe joint most important with your 65/66/70th depending on the changing of retirement age laws so you won't have a day as important till then and you might not even get to 65/66/70(this is still quite unlikely due to increasing medical developments).
Original post by Dalek1099
In a way its sort of like celebrating that you've made it through to 18 and you are now adult and its sort of about celebrating everything you've achieved.I don't really celebrate birthday's that much I'm not sure whether I did anything for the last one, which I now think is a mistake because the day only comes around every 365.25 days on average and the 18th birthday is the most important birthday or maybe joint most important with your 65/66/70th depending on the changing of retirement age laws so you won't have a day as important till then and you might not even get to 65/66/70(this is still quite unlikely due to increasing medical developments).

It doesn't take any skill or hard work to make it to 18. As long you have a little common sense and don't kill yourself by doing something stupid you'll make it to 18.
Everyday comes along once every year, doesn't make the day any more special than any other.
I'm planning a formal ish birthday party at my house, with people from school, college, and my family friends and cousins:smile: a lot of my friends can't come because of mocks though:frown: should be around 30-35 people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Well I only just turned 17 in August so I haven't really thought about it. It will depend on whether I make any friends at college this year, I guess.
I just hired out a club and had a party there :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh to be 18 again :moon:

:shakecane:
I got smashed at a party, pretty standard I think.

The party was actually the day before my b'day, and my Dad insisted on dragging me to the pub for a first pint on the evening, I could barely look at it never mind drink it.
I had a BBQ with an end of exam theme
Reply 16
I have included the birthday party invitation I emailed to my friends.I have adjusted it so that it is appropriate for TSR by removing some details like name and address and the directions to my house.
Family meal the day before on a Sunday, and then a party on the Saturday after my birthday. It's just 16 days to go for me now.
When I was 18 (back in the day...) I went to a local spa with my mam and grandma and we had a few treatments and a stay overnight in the hotel.
Reply 19
I'm going clubbing. The first time i actually go legally :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest