The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deborarosa
LOL I love that man. I hate when people slate him especially AFC fans. He deserves to leave with respect and not get sacked even if we finish 5th imo. I really want him to win the CL before he leaves, That would be perfect. Wenger's been the manager of Arsenal all my life. Ill cry when he leaves :'(

ITS ARSENE FC NOT ARSENAL FC :biggrin: Lmao

Christ on a bike, this blind love for Wenger will be the death of Arsenal.

If he wanted to leave with respect it should have been after we won the cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*

If we wanted to leave with respect it should have been after we won the cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, dw I got your back Peggy :biggrin:

Wenger is past it imo.
Don't get me wrong, he has been a wonderful manager; he has done some truly amazing things at this club.

But I just don't think he has it anymore - he just doesn't have the right tactics in big games.

Although I can't criticise him for this game except that he let Özil play the full match.
How long is ozil gonna be given a free pass in this team? I honestly think we could of gotten something more in this game if cazorla was playing atleast he can turn up wth a goal and a good free kick. I'm really starting to worry about ozil now it's his second season and he's still not found any form he needs to be using his pace and close ball control to beat players and try to win us penalties in the box.

Arshavin mk 2..??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly believe once his contract is up he'll leave I think he wants the rigt person to come in and has probably found out that guardiola will come here once he's finished at bayern. I mean he did say he was only at bayern for a couple of seasons and then he wants to manage in the epl and the arsenal way is much like his own philosophy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo! I think this contract will be his last contract however. I think the board want to give him one more chance to try and win the CL. I know sometimes he can frustrate fans but I still think we should all respect him. Hes our clubs best manager of all time. ( won the most etc.) I was joking about the Arsene FC thing btw haha
Original post by swarly
I think it's fairly obvious they were in for a defensive midfielder and failed to sign one.

gilberto left in what? 2008? s'about time to replace him now.

Yeah I agree, but I don't believe that Wenger would haggle over £3m when were so short defensively. Seems to be something made up so the WOB can blame Wenger for negotiations he likely had no involvement in. Who knows if we were close to signing him or not. Talking about is as fact does more harm than good.
Original post by deborarosa
LOL I love that man. I hate when people slate him especially AFC fans. He deserves to leave with respect and not get sacked even if we finish 5th imo. I really want him to win the CL before he leaves, That would be perfect. Wenger's been the manager of Arsenal all my life. Ill cry when he leaves :'(

ITS ARSENE FC NOT ARSENAL FC :biggrin: Lmao

Myself and my brother used to wait outside the Highbury East Stand, after every game because we could walk home. Wenger never ever stood around signing autographs but I was always sure he always gave me a ''thumps up''. I dont think I would have waited but for Wenger. I was always there and I think he knew my face :smile:

The idea of Arsenal without Arsene is scary.
(edited 9 years ago)
Caption of Wenger's interview on BBC reads "Wenger praises mental strength"

Arsene kills me man :lol:
Original post by Zürich
Myself and my brother used to wait outside the Highbury East Stand, after every game because we could walk home. Wenger never ever stood around signing autographs but I was always sure he always gave me a ''thumps up''. I dont think I would have waited but for Wenger. I was always there and I think he knew my face :smile:

The idea of Arsenal without Arsene is scary.

Youre lucky! ikr so many people want him to go but dont know who can actually replace him. :/ Arsene is embedded into Arsenal now. I dont think he'll ever fully leave. He'll always be part of the club in one way or another :smile:
Original post by Isometrix
Caption of Wenger's interview on BBC reads "Wenger praises mental strength"

Arsene kills me man :lol:

When man like guardiola comes and builds a cl winning team with the ability to beat the big teams you'll laugh then. He'll show mourinho how it's done the guy is his kryptonite.

Srs quote me on this I know guardiola will be arsenal next manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mertesacker has been very poor since coming back and leaves Koscielny to do way too much. Far too static, was left flat-footed on more than 2-3 occasions.

Ozil was poor today as well, even when he did drift inside.
Original post by Arkasia
Ozil has shown he can be World Class. Why spend over £40m on a proven CAM if you are going to stick him on the wings? He is not built for that.

So you're suggesting to keep playing a player who's clearly unable to have a clear effect on the game, and leave quality players like the Ox on the best just because "We spent over £40m on him". Nah. Ozil doesn't deserve to stay in the team after that performance.
Original post by hogree
So you're suggesting to keep playing a player who's clearly unable to have a clear effect on the game, and leave quality players like the Ox on the best just because "We spent over £40m on him". Nah. Ozil doesn't deserve to stay in the team after that performance.

No, I am suggesting play Ox, Campbell, Podolski, etc on the wing, and play Ozil in the center. Not hard to understand.
Original post by Arkasia
No, I am suggesting play Ox, Campbell, Podolski, etc on the wing, and play Ozil in the center. Not hard to understand.

Would you take out Ramsey then...?
Original post by hogree
Would you take out Ramsey then...?

In this current form.

Yes.
The ideal thing to would be keep the 4-1-4-1 but drop Ozil. Ramsey & Wilshere on current form are far more important than Mesut. Play Campbell or Chamberlain on the other flank.

Arsene wont do it because it would be bad for his confidence but that's what ought to be done if we're keeping players in based on form.
Original post by Arkasia
In this current form.

Yes.

He does so much but he never does anything.
That makes no sense and neither does Ramsey...
Reply 8697
I was out of town this morning, just came back. After reading the last few comments I thought Arsenal must have lost. But a draw against City is a good result! I don't know why you are complaining so much? Did anything happen?
Reply 8698
Original post by Lúcio
He does so much but he never does anything.
That makes no sense and neither does Ramsey...

he's trying too hard again. he needs to simplify his game again.
Original post by llys
I was out of town this morning, just came back. After reading the last few comments I thought Arsenal must have lost. But a draw against City is a good result! I don't know why you are complaining so much? Did anything happen?

Just avoidable goals really and a failure to close out the game when we were up a goal.

Latest