The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
hmm I see a draw today tbh.

You lot have quite a few injuries looking at it. You will be using a makeshift defence and the midfield will be struggling without too many players to come off the bench. Where is Rosicky btw? Think he'll be useful to have off the bench.

Despite that, Dortmund have a lot of key injuries too so it'll probably be a stalemate. Arsenal and Dortmund however both have depth I'll stick my neck out to say that it'll be a goal fest, 3-3 possibly I see.

It's basically Dortmund with all their attackers injured (and hummels) against Arsenal with all their defenders injured (and Giroud)
Original post by swarly
suddenly my formation doesn't even look that far out there:colonhash:

Your formation's a 3-5-2 with Arteta as sole cover of the back four and Walcott as a WB.
Can't see Arsenal leaving Westfalenstadion with anything more than a draw. Although I did say that last year and you guys got a win :colonhash:
Not sure which game to watch. Liverpool's is clearly easier but yours could be a really exciting match.
Original post by Fizzel
Not sure which game to watch. Liverpool's is clearly easier but yours could be a really exciting match.

Ludogorets' campaign so far has been remarkable - I really hope they cause an upset.
Reply 8945
Original post by Fizzel

Liverpool vs Ludogorets

Arsenal vs Dortmund

It's a no brainer really..
This thread is hilarious.

People are like Monreal is **** and are then crying for him now he's injured.

Beggars belief boy :rofl2:

I love :arsenal:
Reply 8947
Original post by natty_d
This thread is hilarious.

People are like Monreal is **** and are then crying for him now he's injured.

Beggars belief boy :rofl2:

I love :arsenal:

They do have the most fickle fans in football, no surprising really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
They do have the most fickle fans in football, no surprising really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an Arsenal fan myself....
I don't think it's fickle to worry that 3 of our 6 defenders are out injured, whether they're **** or not. He's still gonna be a better LB than somebody who's not an LB :rolleyes:
Reply 8950
Original post by natty_d
I'm an Arsenal fan myself....

Then you'd know as well as anyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel

Arsenal vs dortmund.
Original post by Stalin
Ludogorets' campaign so far has been remarkable - I really hope they cause an upset.

I read somewhere that the club was only formed 13 years ago, Wenger had been at Arsenal for 4 seasons at that point. Unreal.

English football equivalent would be AFC Wimbledon competing in the Champions League.
Original post by sr90
I read somewhere that the club was only formed 13 years ago, Wenger had been at Arsenal for 4 seasons at that point. Unreal.

English football equivalent would be AFC Wimbledon competing in the Champions League.

From their wiki:

"Ludogorets played in Group B of the 2013–14 Europa League. They were unbeaten in the group stage finishing first in the group with five wins in six games, including both home and away victories over the prominent PSV Eindhoven and Dinamo Zagreb. Their only dropped points were a 1–1 home draw with Chornomorets Odesa. In the knockout phase, Ludogorets beat the Italian cup holders, Lazio, 1–0 away and drew 3–3 at home, for a 4–3 aggregate win, but lost 0–3 at home, 0–4 on aggregate to Valencia in the round of 16.

In the 2014–15 Champions League, Ludogorets again won both their qualifiers, against F91 Dudelange of Luxembourg and Partizan Belgrade. In the play-off they defeated Steaua București in dramatic fashion to reach the group stage for the first time. Goalkeeper Vladislav Stoyanov was dismissed for a second yellow card in the last minute of extra time in the second leg, when Ludogorets had used all their substitutes. In the penalty shoot-out, centre-back Cosmin Moți, having converted the first penalty, went in goal and made two saves to put Ludogorets through 6–5 on penalties."

The fact that they've beaten the likes of PSV, Zagreb, Lazio, Belgrade and now Steaua is crazy considering their stadium capacity is 8,000 (5,000 seated iirc) and they've only been in the business for thirteen years.

I hope this has fairytale written all over it and that they don't do an Apoel and fade away.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
The fact that they've beaten the likes of PSV, Zagreb, Lazio, Belgrade and now Steaua is crazy considering their stadium capacity is 8,000 (5,000 seated iirc) and they've only been in the business for thirteen years.

How the **** do they make FFP :lolwut:

Is it a bankrolled club (e.g Monaco, Hoffenheim, Fulham, Wigan) or a team that has genuinely risen through the leagues?
Lol APOEL, Ludogorets have got Madrid in the group as well. Another raping.
Original post by sr90
How the **** do they make FFP :lolwut:

Is it a bankrolled club (e.g Monaco, Hoffenheim, Fulham, Wigan) or a team that has genuinely risen through the leagues?

They were bought by a businessman in 2010 and have dominated Bulgarian football since.

- Ludogorets is the second team in the world, together with FC Levadia Tallinn from Estonia, that after promoting from the second to the first level of the football league pyramid of its country, wins a treble, capturing all of the local trophies - the league, the national cup and the supercup.

- Ludogorets is the first team in Bulgaria, that won two promotions in a row and then succeeded in achieving a treble.

- Ludogorets became the first Bulgarian team to begin their group stage participation in European tournaments with 3 consecutive wins, when in the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League group stage they recorded consecutive wins against PSV Eindhoven (2-0), Dinamo Zagreb (3-0) and Chornomorets Odesa (1-0), without conceding a goal in any of the games.

- After the end of the 2013–14 UEFA Europa League group stage, Ludogorets became the first Bulgarian team to record 9 wins in European competitions in a single season, as well as the first Bulgarian team to record 5 away wins in European competitions in a single season.

- During the 2011–12 season, the club had the most effective attack in A Group, scoring a total of 73 goals.

- During the same season, the club had the best defence in A Group, conceding 16 goals in 30 games. They bettered this in 2012–13, conceding just 13 goals in 30 games.

I bet they get **** on at Anfield now that I've hyped them up.
Original post by Stalin
I bet they get **** on at Anfield now that I've hyped them up.

Would be hilarious.

In all honesty, respect to them as a team - they have really gone for it and have beaten some decent sides.
But champions league is a little different.
An Anfield champions league game is different.

Regardless of what they have done in their short lifespan, they are still a 4th seed team so for us to get anything less than 3 points at home tonight would be embarrassing.
completely forgot that debuchy was suspended so wouldn't have been able to play anyway.
Original post by Stalin
The Guardian's reporting that Flamini will start at RB.

Tears, real tears.

Latest