The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleighisonfire
Thanks. One and a half hours way I know it's not that far but it's the most amount of time I've been away from home. I could go back this weekend but I'm not gonna because I know it's for the best so maybe 2/3 weeks :frown:

To state what you've probably heard already, keep yourself busy and throw yourself into the many activities both academic and otherwise you can be doing. Being away will be tough at first but ultimately make things easier long term. I think you could maybe say 2 weeks for sure though, so you can aim for that if you need it, and then maybe extend it to 3 weeks at the time? Very important to have a crutch if you know what I mean.
Original post by ironandbeer
:biggrin::biggrin: Too true :frown: I can feel the tumbleweed roaring through here right now tbh......Simply you I can't live with you nor without you brat :colonhash:

Yes. We need like a Simply signal (like a bat signal).
Original post by ChrisLay1
Yes. We need like a Simply signal (like a bat signal).

A bat signal :rofl:

Something involving Simon Cowell, no doubt..
A bat signal :rofl:

Something involving Simon Cowell, no doubt..

Haha. A Tinychat between us 3 is long overdue :wink:

I'm gonna go. I'll see you on here tomorrow at some point.

Heartbeat...out (if you've ever seen Meet The Fockers XD)
To state what you've probably heard already, keep yourself busy and throw yourself into the many activities both academic and otherwise you can be doing. Being away will be tough at first but ultimately make things easier long term. I think you could maybe say 2 weeks for sure though, so you can aim for that if you need it, and then maybe extend it to 3 weeks at the time? Very important to have a crutch if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the advice. I do keep myself busy during the day and I'm usually busy on a night but tonight I'm not. I tried speaking to someone from home but both of them said they couldn't speak becauee they were going to sleep. :frown:

Original post by womanofsteel
I know how that feels :frown: you'll hopefully get used to it though and then you won't feel as bad

Horrible isn't it? :frown:
Haha. A Tinychat between us 3 is long overdue :wink:

I'm gonna go. I'll see you on here tomorrow at some point.

Heartbeat...out (if you've ever seen Meet The Fockers XD)

Nope..it's on the ever growing list.

Night Greengrass
Thanks for the advice. I do keep myself busy during the day and I'm usually busy on a night but tonight I'm not. I tried speaking to someone from home but both of them said they couldn't speak becauee they were going to sleep. :frown:

Well you will be home soon enough..it could always be worse. I realise this doesn't make it easier.
Horrible isn't it? :frown:

yup :frown: for about 5/6 years I only saw my family (apart from my parents and sister) for 3 days a year
(edited 9 years ago)
Nope..it's on the ever growing list.

Night Greengrass

God be with you my child XD Night.
God be with you my child XD Night.

I am always with me, I am sure of that :wink: Nighttttt
yup :frown: for about 5/6 years I only saw my family (apart from my parents and sister) for 3 days a year

Awww no, I would have hated that so much.

Well you will be home soon enough..it could always be worse. I realise this doesn't make it easier.

Yeah true. :frown:
Awww no, I would have hated that so much.

Yup it's horrible, but at least I'm moving close to them next summer :smile:
Original post by WelshBluebird
:frown: :hugs:
Been a couple of weeks now. Although it seems to change every few days. So it was just a cough, then it was a chesty cough, now its a small cough with more of a sneeze and a bad nose. Eugh. Hope you are a bit better.

I'm not much better, had a horrible chest infection for about a week which has just turned into some sort of dry cough with a bad nose. The cough still keeps me up at night though :frown: So we're both suffering! :console:
wasup :cool:

Nothing much bruh, how's it going? :biggrin:

How's Uni then? :smile:

Only been here a day and it's quite exciting but I am a bit nervous too haha! The fire alarm has gone off three times now and I've only been here one day, becoming quite a joke :colonhash:

I thought we'd agreed not to talk about my fine posterior :colonhash:

:rofl:

good morning :smile:
good morning :smile:

Not many ppl up this early ... how are you ...you new?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tomsta
Not many ppl up this early ... how are you ...you new?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm good thanks, you? and I only joined yesterday :smile:
I'm good thanks, you? and I only joined yesterday :smile:

Im good thanks ... welcome to the family ... so u at uni?
Original post by Tomsta
Im good thanks ... welcome to the family ... so u at uni?

not yet, I'm in A2, you?

Latest