The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Accounting & Finance

Hi, anyone out there starting their first year Accounting and Finance course next week? Went through adjustment and so left it a bit late to find people on my course. If so get in touch :smile:
Original post by JackDaviesUK
Hi, anyone out there starting their first year Accounting and Finance course next week? Went through adjustment and so left it a bit late to find people on my course. If so get in touch :smile:

Hey am studying accounting and finance aswell am really nervous :frown:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Yeah I am a bit, you want to fb or text see if we're in the same lessons??
Reply 3
Hello. How are you guys finding the course??? I am thinking of changing my Law course to Accounting and Finance.
Reply 4
I'm really enjoying it, seems to be very easy if I'm honest, first year anyway. What did you take at A-level?
Reply 5
I did Law, Psychology and English. How does the course look like in the future. Is there anything that worries you. And what i want to to know is does it make sense. In Law i find it really hard to stay focused and understand what they are saying.
Reply 6
Erm, this year looks simple, next year has a bit of law in it. In my opinion it look fine for the next two years, not much maths despite what you'd expect. No heard anything that I don't understand and they put everything online if you have problems?
Reply 7
Erm, this year looks simple, next year has a bit of law in it. In my opinion it look fine for the next two years, not much maths despite what you'd expect. No heard anything that I don't understand and they put everything online if you have problems?

Ok thanks. Ive sent emails to the Year leader for Accounting and Finance. Hopefully i should get accepted and ill be seeing you in a lecture soon.
Reply 8
Good luck :smile:
Reply 9
Cheers. What did you study in college and what grades did you get. Also does Accounting and f require a lot of research. From what you've seen and done so far.
Original post by Usman754
Cheers. What did you study in college and what grades did you get. Also does Accounting and f require a lot of research. From what you've seen and done so far.

Economics business studies and geography, but the stuff we learn in the first year goes over all this, I've not learnt anything new so far, I got BBB. Erm just watching the news would be just enough but just keep on top of some big stories and print them off and that'll be good, not excessive amounts of research needed I don't think?
Reply 11
Economics business studies and geography, but the stuff we learn in the first year goes over all this, I've not learnt anything new so far, I got BBB. Erm just watching the news would be just enough but just keep on top of some big stories and print them off and that'll be good, not excessive amounts of research needed I don't think?

Sounds good. With Law there is too much research. Like 40 pages worth for each module.
Ah :/ im not an expert so I don't know what's coming, but this course seems to be current events focused, like Tesco and their overstated profits, and a quick bbc search will show you the kind of thing that we should be reading about
Ah :/ im not an expert so I don't know what's coming, but this course seems to be current events focused, like Tesco and their overstated profits, and a quick bbc search will show you the kind of thing that we should be reading about

Well... how is it going to date? I'm applying for the Accounting & Finance course for entry 2015 but have heard that the university itself can be quite rough?
Original post by wishesofarose
Well... how is it going to date? I'm applying for the Accounting & Finance course for entry 2015 but have heard that the university itself can be quite rough?

Don't know where you've heard that but it's great. The course is really good and interesting, great materials given which a lot of universities don't and just leave you to make notes yourself
Don't know where you've heard that but it's great. The course is really good and interesting, great materials given which a lot of universities don't and just leave you to make notes yourself

To be fair, it was a girl in work yesterday who had said she went to an open day and that the surrounding areas were 'rough' so maybe I took it the wrong way and then she accepted Glasgow anyway so she didn't have a valid argument.

Good! Is there much of a divide between MMU and just MU?
Reply 16
I'm thinking of going to mmu and studying accountancy and finance.. What do you actually do tho aha
Reply 17
Hey guys!

I've just graduated from Accounting and Finance at MMU this summer, so if there are any questions you have I would be happy to answer them!
how long did it take you to find a job? and is a year in industry worth it?
Original post by noorii
Hey guys!

I've just graduated from Accounting and Finance at MMU this summer, so if there are any questions you have I would be happy to answer them!

Hi mate, its been 9 years since you made that comment. So I've jjst started doing Accounting and Finance at MMU, can you tell me where are you right now in terms field and job satisfaction. Do you think other people that went with you are doing the same thing or other things? Like basicalky how it turned out for you and would you recommend it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending