The Student Room Group

Geography - Population and resources case studies

Hello ,

Can someone give me the cause studies (countries) that I can use when answering a 30 mark essay question on >

Overpopulation
Under population
Optimum population

:confused::confused::confused:
Singapore did a '3 or more scheme' and gave people extra money and incentives for having 3 or more children when their population was low. China obviously had the famous one child policy as they became overpopulated, in Mumbai there are 1 million people in the slum of Dharavi. Hope this helps.
Reply 2
You have many options, the most popular is usually china, india, bangladesh, indonesia there are may case studies for overpopulation

under population - most european countries are good examples - i would pick romania as a good example of country with a population crisis.
Reply 3
Original post by NinjaNicky
Singapore did a '3 or more scheme' and gave people extra money and incentives for having 3 or more children when their population was low. China obviously had the famous one child policy as they became overpopulated, in Mumbai there are 1 million people in the slum of Dharavi. Hope this helps.

Thank you :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by killu
You have many options, the most popular is usually china, india, bangladesh, indonesia there are may case studies for overpopulation

under population - most european countries are good examples - i would pick romania as a good example of country with a population crisis.

Thank you :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest