Slightly out of my hibernation period :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15
Slightly out of my hibernation period :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Although nothing wrong with a good bit of hibernation :nah:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yay! Although nothing wrong with a good bit of hibernation :nah:

It's good for the soul as it's much needed peace and quiet. And lots of One Tree Hill :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's good for the soul as it's much needed peace and quiet. And lots of One Tree Hill :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never seen OTH :getmecoat:

:hide:

:colondollar:
Never seen OTH :getmecoat:

:hide:

Lol! It's not that brilliant but usually it makes me feel better. And I heard the cast may be doing a fan meet in London. Best news I've heard today apart from going to Swansea :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol! It's not that brilliant but usually it makes me feel better. And I heard the cast may be doing a fan meet in London. Best news I've heard today apart from going to Swansea :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oooh fan meet :colone:
If I was to eat the face of Jesus, would it turn into bread in my stomach?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
If I was to eat the face of Jesus, would it turn into bread in my stomach?

Wrong thread, mate :yep:
Oooh fan meet :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6970
I'll just leave this here...

http://brandonvogt.com/friar-order-skate/
:teehee: :ahee: :teehee:
So according to my Facebook, yesterday was the first liturgical feast day of Saint Pope John Paul II :awesome:

I got all excited seeing it in my newsfeed, thinking that I finally had an awesome saint's day on my birthday. Twas not to be though :sad:

#TLGProblems

:tongue:
Off to Knock this weekebd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Off to Knock this weekebd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a blessed time! My mum really wants to go but she needs a visa to enter Ireland :facepalm:

Enjoy :h:
Bit disappointed about the outcome of the Synod, but think it's good that they decided to focus on these issues for once and that they were at least talked about :yes:

I don't think it is in the least bit surprising. Catholicism is generally a rather socially conservative religion and this is due to the fact that those higher up within the Church are mostly older men. These are men who would have largely grown up in societies/communities where such socially conservative views were common. Younger generations have always been the ones to generally turn against such socially conservative ideals and to embrace more newer socially liberal ideals.

I do however believe that a generation or two along, when today's younger priests who have grown up with more socially liberal ideals because the Churches leaders, that the Catholic Church will experience a changing stance towards such issues.
Original post by The Epicurean
I don't think it is in the least bit surprising. Catholicism is generally a rather socially conservative religion and this is due to the fact that those higher up within the Church are mostly older men. These are men who would have largely grown up in societies/communities where such socially conservative views were common. Younger generations have always been the ones to generally turn against such socially conservative ideals and to embrace more newer socially liberal ideals.

I do however believe that a generation or two along, when today's younger priests who have grown up with more socially liberal ideals because the Churches leaders, that the Catholic Church will experience a changing stance towards such issues.

I wasn't surprised either! :nah: Just disappointed, that's all! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy All Saints Day (tomorrow!)

I'd like to join here, if you all don't mind. Feeling rather lonely atm!
Original post by peony flowers

Hello to everyone on All Saints Day, whomever the saints are whose intercession you seek on any occasion.
Original post by peony flowers

I haven't actually posted in this thread before (I'm usually over here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2409899&page=201&p=51308535#post51308535) but I often lurk here as someone who's considering converting to Catholicism (from Church of England) so I'll say hello while there's another new person here. :hello:

Happy All Saints' Day! And to you (and everyone who feels lonely) I extend my warmest thoughts and prayers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending