The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

6 defeats from 7 now and Pressley still refuses to criticise this bunch of half arsed **** excuses for professional footballers. What did I do in a previous existence to support this sorry excuse for a football club?
2-2 against Forest is nothing to be sniffed at, they are one of the top sides in this division as well. However, as Forest should've had a man sent off just before half-time, it should've been more.
We are top of the league! :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
Interesting to see Phelan linked with the role, he claimed that he did most of Fergie's work in his last few years at Old Trafford so I want to see how he does as a manager. Not sure if Birmingham would be something he'd be interested in though, given their financial woes.

Rowett played for Birmingham and surely wouldn't cost much to release from Burton. I think it'll be him.

Rowett's on a rolling contract at Burton so I'm not even sure if there would be a release clause. Burton literally can't stop him talking to Birmingham, unlike MK Dons with Robinson.
I wouldn't put it past Bellusci to do something like this. He is very...fiery
Original post by Scott129
We are top of the league! :biggrin:

We'll always have Sunday the 20th October.
A Great win from the boys today, much needed 3 points earned against a good boro side. Sako is getting better and better, and more consistent. Scary thought right there.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I wouldn't put it past Bellusci to do something like this. He is very...fiery

Jerome was certainly very animated. Doubt he'd lie.
8-0, it happened again. And the visitors were the winners.

redferry and Hooby, at least mackemforever feels your pain...
Lennons impact on Bolton has been beyond I could imagine. Cracking win today, few tough games on the bounce now, hopefully can take 4-6/9 and start moving up the table.
Jesus wept we actually won a game.
Birmingham 0-8 Bournemouth :lolwut:

What the **** happened there? I know the Blues are poor at home but that is just something else.
I feel quite bad for the continued mess that we've helped to heap on Leeds fans again tonight. However it's a great win so I'm not that upset, joint top who'd have thought it!

quite looking forward to welcoming the blue noses next week :wink:
Leeds. Shambles.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I'm prepared to give Milanic to the end of the season, but if we're not in the top half t the very least then I see no reason to keep him on.

Apparently Cellino doesn't think the same way. He didn't hold back in his review of Milanic, even saying “I made a mistake with this guy. He’s negative, he has a losing mentality.”

Redfearn has the job on a permanent basis, his 4 games in charge has given us over half our points in the league. Fans were singing his name today, hopefully he's installed long term.
Original post by sr90
Birmingham 0-8 Bournemouth :lolwut:

What the **** happened there? I know the Blues are poor at home but that is just something else.

Playing basically the whole game with 10 men against a good team, it was just a question of how many. Lee Clark must be having a good chuckle anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was there, I stayed till the end and sang to the end.

First off, it shouldn't have been a red card, secondly their first 2 goals were offside and thirdly/most importantly - the only way is up!

Randolph gave up after 4-0 and the rest of the players and bitterly disappointed and upset, as they should be. Cotterill, Eardley, Shea and co have had to go and drown their sorrows in shirley of all places.

I have on good authority that Rowett is our new manager, Hughton and Phelan were interviewed (Hughton requested the interview) but that the man they want is rowett. Personally I will welcome him with open arms. KRO
Original post by Hooby

First off, it shouldn't have been a red card, secondly their first 2 goals were offside and thirdly/most importantly - the only way is up!

Randolph gave up after 4-0 and the rest of the players and bitterly disappointed and upset, as they should be. Cotterill, Eardley, Shea and co have had to go and drown their sorrows in shirley of all places.

I have on good authority that Rowett is our new manager, Hughton and Phelan were interviewed (Hughton requested the interview) but that the man they want is rowett. Personally I will welcome him with open arms. KRO

The other 6 were offside too, even the penalty :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hooby

Can you do the same again when we play you in two weeks? We're second by one goal, so we'd love to boost our goal difference :wink:

Kudos to you for staying until the end though.
What a success story Bournemouth have become.

Quick Reply

Latest