The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben4444
Congratulations!! How long did you wait for your offer? Good luck for medicine������

Thanks! :smile: I think I waited about 3 weeks ish for this one but i still haven't gotten a peep outta any of my medicines. How about yourself?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by FrankTHEsehlat
Thanks! :smile: I think I waited about 3 weeks ish for this one but i still haven't gotten a peep outta any of my medicines. How about yourself?

Had an offer from bristol for biology😀 still waiting to hear from nottingham for biology, oxford for human sciences, cardiff for medicine and newcastle for medicine. Weird mix I know - it's a long story!!
Original post by Ben4444
Had an offer from bristol for biology������ still waiting to hear from nottingham for biology, oxford for human sciences, cardiff for medicine and newcastle for medicine. Weird mix I know - it's a long story!!

Yeah that's a pretty unique mix, how did you manage your personal statement? Well done with bristol :tongue: by the way! I'm applying to study Medicine at Cardiff too, I know I being a nosy bastard but if its okay I'd like to know how Cardiff goes for you. It would be great to have someone to hash out the application process with!
Original post by FrankTHEsehlat
Yeah that's a pretty unique mix, how did you manage your personal statement? Well done with bristol :tongue: by the way! I'm applying to study Medicine at Cardiff too, I know I being a nosy bastard but if its okay I'd like to know how Cardiff goes for you. It would be great to have someone to hash out the application process with!

Personal statement was pure medicine (but did put about my love of biology in it). I checked with bristol and nottingham and both said it would be fine. For oxford I sent a seperate ps as it's such an unusual course. Not really sure how the medicine applications will go as got A*AAB predictions ( b in chem). I phoned cardiff and they encouraged me to apply as I have 10A* at gcse and they do not consider as grades or predicted grades( we'll see!!) Newcastle is even riskier with a 710 ukcat, but again I phoned admissions and was told by durham that the cut off would be between 2700 and 2800 and again was encouraged to apply (they don't require chem at all). Will definitely let you know how I get on, will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm sure you'll do great - where else have you applied? Sorry for the essay😉
Original post by Ben4444
Personal statement was pure medicine (but did put about my love of biology in it). I checked with bristol and nottingham and both said it would be fine. For oxford I sent a seperate ps as it's such an unusual course. Not really sure how the medicine applications will go as got A*AAB predictions ( b in chem). I phoned cardiff and they encouraged me to apply as I have 10A* at gcse and they do not consider as grades or predicted grades( we'll see!!) Newcastle is even riskier with a 710 ukcat, but again I phoned admissions and was told by durham that the cut off would be between 2700 and 2800 and again was encouraged to apply (they don't require chem at all). Will definitely let you know how I get on, will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm sure you'll do great - where else have you applied? Sorry for the essay������

Don't worry, essays are good! :wink: I'll PM you
Original post by zuzu096
Yep that's what I'm planning to do with the ones that I haven't applied to with a year in industry. I really think it's one of the most valuable parts of thr degree! Loool it's such a rubbish waiting game. They're taking forever -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funnily enough they just acknowledged the application haha. Also got an interview invitation from Birmingham today which is pretty relieving (honestly didn't think I would get anything this year)
Reply 206
Original post by TajwarC
Funnily enough they just acknowledged the application haha. Also got an interview invitation from Birmingham today which is pretty relieving (honestly didn't think I would get anything this year)

Haha awesome! I rang them today just to double check something on my application and they seem really really busy with all the admissions atm. That's good, well done! Hopefully you get more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer to study Econ today - took exactly a week. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any English applicants heard back? :smile:
Original post by zuzu096
Haha awesome! I rang them today just to double check something on my application and they seem really really busy with all the admissions atm. That's good, well done! Hopefully you get more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, same goes for you. If you hear anything from Nottingham let me know please :smile: Need to know when they start giving out interviews/offers
Original post by cucaracha
Any English applicants heard back? :smile:

No :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 211
Original post by TajwarC
Thanks, same goes for you. If you hear anything from Nottingham let me know please :smile: Need to know when they start giving out interviews/offers

Thanks! Will do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IHTWFR
No :frown:

So I got an email from Notts a few hours ago offering an unconditional if I firm! No update on Track though
Bet you'll hear soon :smile:
Original post by cucaracha
So I got an email from Notts a few hours ago offering an unconditional if I firm! No update on Track though
Bet you'll hear soon :smile:

How long did it take you to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aislingsheehy
How long did it take you to hear back?

23 days since I applied, 15 days since acknowledgement email. :smile:
Original post by Jessb_3125
Hi!! I just got my Maths G103 offer
:biggrin:
Any other Mathematicians?

Original post by lightningdoritos
hello!!! I'm applying for Maths BSc :smile: What are your predicted grades?

Hey guys, I'm currently a second year Maths student on the MMath course, so if you have any questions then please feel free to ask me. :smile:
Finally got an offer!!! For mechanical engineering!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Hey guys, I'm currently a second year Maths student on the MMath course, so if you have any questions then please feel free to ask me. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so kind, thanks! I will probably be asking some questions sooner or later! :smile:
Original post by Jessb_3125
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so kind, thanks! I will probably be asking some questions sooner or later! :smile:

Happy to help and just make sure to quote me when you ask them and I'll do my best to give a helpful response :smile:
Original post by Ben4444
Personal statement was pure medicine (but did put about my love of biology in it). I checked with bristol and nottingham and both said it would be fine. For oxford I sent a seperate ps as it's such an unusual course. Not really sure how the medicine applications will go as got A*AAB predictions ( b in chem). I phoned cardiff and they encouraged me to apply as I have 10A* at gcse and they do not consider as grades or predicted grades( we'll see!!) Newcastle is even riskier with a 710 ukcat, but again I phoned admissions and was told by durham that the cut off would be between 2700 and 2800 and again was encouraged to apply (they don't require chem at all). Will definitely let you know how I get on, will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'm sure you'll do great - where else have you applied? Sorry for the essay������

If you got 10 A*s at GCSE, you need to teach me on the recipe of your success. I have been trying to boost my intelligence for years, with some success. Though I'm hardly thick, as I have already graduated from Nottingham, and now at UCL.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending