The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Everything I've done well in, they don't use
Original post by M!lad
Everything I've done well in, they don't use ������ ������

This is for the foundation year. If you got a good set of AS grades and a really high UKCAT score, why not apply for 5 year medicine course?
Reply 262
Original post by serendipity-
This is for the foundation year. If you got a good set of AS grades and a really high UKCAT score, why not apply for 5 year medicine course?

Oh 3 of my choices are for the 5 year course, I didn't choose the Southampton 5yr cause they just look at UKCAT and the cut off is probably gonna be something ridiculously high :')
Reply 263
Original post by blahtoblah
If you've received the eligibility email from the uni does that mean that you've passed the minimum entry requirement? (like your grades) Or does that get monitored after they receive the eligibility proof?

I think I read somewhere that they begin looking at applications after the eligibility criteria is all checked.
Original post by M!lad
Oh 3 of my choices are for the 5 year course, I didn't choose the Southampton 5yr cause they just look at UKCAT and the cut off is probably gonna be something ridiculously high :')

Oh. Cool :smile:
does the criteria " did your parents go onto higher education" count as 1 of the 3.
Ah cool thanks. So does that mean till now, they haven't even looked at anyone yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
I sent the forms and evidence in via google drive (because the files were too large), but you need a google account to open it, do you guys think the admission staff have google accounts? 😅😅
Original post by M!lad
I sent the forms and evidence in via google drive (because the files were too large), but you need a google account to open it, do you guys think the admission staff have google accounts?

I imagine so. They should let you know if there is a problem :smile:
Original post by crazya96
does the criteria " did your parents go onto higher education" count as 1 of the 3.

Yes it does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eligibility criteria evidence sent off yesterday and received an acknowledgement email from the medicine admissions department. Now just a long nervous wait! Good luck to everyone! :smile: Try not to stress too much about your application, focus more on revision and getting those all important grades!
If i do get an offer for BM6 do i have to do an exam at the end of year 0 to progress to year 1. Is the exam difficult? What will it test? Do a lot of people fail?
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan
Eligibility criteria evidence sent off yesterday and received an acknowledgement email from the medicine admissions department. Now just a long nervous wait! Good luck to everyone! :smile: Try not to stress too much about your application, focus more on revision and getting those all important grades!

What email did you send it to? I sent it to [email protected] but I am not sure this is the correct one?
Original post by Mel1312
What email did you send it to? I sent it to [email protected] but I am not sure this is the correct one?

I replied to the same email that sent me the forms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mel1312

Great thank you very much :biggrin:
Original post by Mel1312
Great thank you very much :biggrin:

No silly me. I didn't make my self clear. I didn't send my form to the same email as yours. I sent to a different email which was the email that soton sent us the application. I just clicked reply. I received an acknowledgment today. So sorry for confusion:colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alanconnel
If i do get an offer for BM6 do i have to do an exam at the end of year 0 to progress to year 1. Is the exam difficult? What will it test? Do a lot of people fail?

You have exams and coursework through the BM6 year. You have to pass it all to progress onto BM5. Most people pass. There were 2 in my year who didn't. One left, one resat the year. But yeah, mostly people pass. :smile:

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/courses/bm6_a102.page?#overview
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 278

Thanks, at least we're given 2 dates :smile:
Original post by M!lad
Thanks, at least we're given 2 dates :smile:

wat r ur stats?

Latest

Trending

Trending