The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Best story of the week.

After Worcester we had to find some other way of retaining our place as the national laughing stock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink takes charge of Burton Albion tonight against Wycombe.
Reply 1802
Original post by Rock Fan

and they are winning 2-0, great news for us Hatters fans as Luton will hopefully be left top of league 2
Original post by gghjk
and they are winning 2-0, great news for us Hatters fans as Luton will hopefully be left top of league 2

Wycombe just scored a penalty

EDIT now Burton have scored again
(edited 9 years ago)
Any League One team supporters on this forum?

Good for him! Always liked Jimmy.
Better off looking in the Football League thread, pal.
Original post by Mackay
Good for him! Always liked Jimmy.

Got off to a winning start as well 3-1, good away win for Burton surviving 11 minutes of added time as well.
Original post by Mackay
Better off looking in the Football League thread, pal.

Thanks pal
Original post by joddcfc
Any League One team supporters on this forum?

Merged it into the megathread for ya. There's loads of lower league supporters in here!
Original post by sr90
Merged it into the megathread for ya. There's loads of lower league supporters in here!

Cheers pal! Anyone here have any early predictions on how League One is shaping?
Original post by joddcfc
Cheers pal! Anyone here have any early predictions on how League One is shaping?

Bristol City, Bristol City, Bristol City. They better not steal our record though.

I'd say Franchise FC might finally go up this season, Swindon will be knocking at the door and I'd expect Barnsley to improve as the season goes on. Gonna say Bristol, Preston & Swindon - Sheffield United to muck it up in the playoffs again.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Bristol City, Bristol City, Bristol City. They better not steal our record though.

I'd say Franchise FC might finally go up this season, Swindon will be knocking at the door and I'd expect Barnsley to improve as the season goes on. Gonna say Bristol, Preston & Swindon - Sheffield United to muck it up in the playoffs again.

Bristol City and MK Dons with Swindon via the play-offs I think. Smith's on fire.

I doubt Sheffield United will get a play-off spot tbh. At the other end, Scunthorpe seem to have turned somewhat of a corner. They could yet survive.
Original post by Mackay
Bristol City and MK Dons with Swindon via the play-offs I think. Smith's on fire.

I doubt Sheffield United will get a play-off spot tbh. At the other end, Scunthorpe seem to have turned somewhat of a corner. They could yet survive.

I'm going for Bristol City and Preston to go up automatically, with MK Dons going up via the play offs, with Swindon, Sheffield United and Oldham having been in the top 6. At the other end I have no idea, but have a feeling Yeovil will have yet another relegation season. Just as long as my team Chesterfield don't continue our slide!
Original post by joddcfc

Looks like Bristol City will win the league, other spots are anyone's guess.

I'm surprised Leyton Orient are so far down the table given how much money they've spent, saw that they signed Andrea Dossena the other week. What the hell is going on there :lolwut:
Original post by sr90
Looks like Bristol City will win the league, other spots are anyone's guess.

I'm surprised Leyton Orient are so far down the table given how much money they've spent, saw that they signed Andrea Dossena the other week. What the hell is going on there :lolwut:

I think City will win, but I don't think it will be as comfortable as everyone reckons. As for Orient, apparently most of their players are on £5k+ a week and they've got some quality names like Henderson, Mooney and Dagnall, so to say they are underachieving is more than correct!
Original post by joddcfc
I'm going for Bristol City and Preston to go up automatically, with MK Dons going up via the play offs, with Swindon, Sheffield United and Oldham having been in the top 6. At the other end I have no idea, but have a feeling Yeovil will have yet another relegation season. Just as long as my team Chesterfield don't continue our slide!

Coventry could struggle.
Some FA Cup action tonight, Concord Rangers managed to get a replay against Mansfield Town.
Original post by joddcfc

If we (MK Dons) go up this year, I doubt it will be via the playoffs - we have a 0% record in them, not even once making the final!
Some FA Cup action tonight, Concord Rangers managed to get a replay against Mansfield Town.

Mansfield fans very angry at the moment and want their manager out.

Original post by alex_hk90
If we (MK Dons) go up this year, I doubt it will be via the playoffs - we have a 0% record in them, not even once making the final!

Sounds like Sheffield United but they even fail in the final. What are you automatic chances in your opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest